What's new

Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant seriously injured in road accident near Haridwar, cops say 'lucky to survive'

Raj-Hindustani

Reaction score
Country
India

Rishabh Pant in hospital after serious car crash​

India wicketkeeper is being treated in a hospital in Dehradun; full extent of injuries yet to be known
ESPNcricinfo staff
1 hr ago
Rishabh Pant was on his way to Delhi from Uttarakhand when the accident occurred • PA Photos/Getty Images
India wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant has been injured in a serious car accident and has been taken to hospital in Dehradun. The full extent of his injuries is not yet known.
According to Dr Sushil Nagar who led the emergency treatment, Pant has lacerative wounds on his forehead, one right above the left eye; there is a ligament tear in his knee; and abrasions on his back. However, the first X-rays suggest there is no fracture and there are no burns on Pant's body despite his car catching fire.
He has been sent to the Max Hospital in Dehradun where further scans, including an MRI, will determine the extent of injuries and further course of treatment. Pant reached the hospital at 6am.
The accident took place in the early hours on Friday, when Pant was driving to Roorkee in Uttarakhand. He was subsequently taken to a local hospital before being moved to Dehradun*.
"Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant's car met with an accident at around 5:30 am," Director General of Uttarakhand Police, Ashok Kumar, was quoted as saying by NDTV. "The incident took place at Mohammedpur Jat near Roorkee. According to what Pant said, he dozed off while driving and as a result the car collided with the divider and caught fire. He was moved to the Roorkee hospital from where he has now been shifted to Dehradun."
Pant, 25, was not part of the India squads for the T20I and ODI home series against Sri Lanka beginning on January 3. He was due to head to the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru in Bengaluru for strength and conditioning before the Test series against Australia in February.

1672378237026.png

1672378319831.png

1672378373558.png

Ohh man i just found out!

I relly like this guy and hope he recovers..

I have friends there and they shared the Video of accident, imma try share here

Ohh man i just found out!

I relly like this guy and hope he recovers..

I have friends there and they shared the Video of accident, imma try share here
It seems overspeed driving at first place.

Let's see if he was drunk as well.

It will be very interesting and negative report for Pant.

Rishabh Pant in hospital after serious car crash​

India wicketkeeper is being treated in a hospital in Dehradun; full extent of injuries yet to be known
ESPNcricinfo staff
1 hr ago
Rishabh Pant was on his way to Delhi from Uttarakhand when the accident occurred • PA Photos/Getty Images
India wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant has been injured in a serious car accident and has been taken to hospital in Dehradun. The full extent of his injuries is not yet known.
According to Dr Sushil Nagar who led the emergency treatment, Pant has lacerative wounds on his forehead, one right above the left eye; there is a ligament tear in his knee; and abrasions on his back. However, the first X-rays suggest there is no fracture and there are no burns on Pant's body despite his car catching fire.
He has been sent to the Max Hospital in Dehradun where further scans, including an MRI, will determine the extent of injuries and further course of treatment. Pant reached the hospital at 6am.
The accident took place in the early hours on Friday, when Pant was driving to Roorkee in Uttarakhand. He was subsequently taken to a local hospital before being moved to Dehradun*.
"Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant's car met with an accident at around 5:30 am," Director General of Uttarakhand Police, Ashok Kumar, was quoted as saying by NDTV. "The incident took place at Mohammedpur Jat near Roorkee. According to what Pant said, he dozed off while driving and as a result the car collided with the divider and caught fire. He was moved to the Roorkee hospital from where he has now been shifted to Dehradun."
Pant, 25, was not part of the India squads for the T20I and ODI home series against Sri Lanka beginning on January 3. He was due to head to the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru in Bengaluru for strength and conditioning before the Test series against Australia in February.

View attachment 908376

View attachment 908378

View attachment 908379
Damn, thats scary, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Cant upload video here, but its a drunk driving near roorkee not ddun, police wont say if he was driving or not, ill update as I find out.

Sad day for cricket😟

Cant upload video here, but its a drunk driving near roorkee not ddun, police wont say if he was driving or not, ill update as I find out.

Sad day for cricket😟
He was driving.... Most probably, bcci will try to cover up if he was drunk

I'm glad nobody else had to get injured or killed because of his negligence.

Luckily for him, he is okay but most likely this is the end of his career and people who think it's cool to drive while drunk get another example.

Luckily for him, he is okay but most likely this is the end of his career and people who think it's cool to drive while drunk get another example.

It is not confirmed if he was drunk.. I hope, he wasn't.

He was driving.... Most probably, bcci will try to cover up if he was drunk
He was driving and we know what happens, gaadi bhai chalaega...i will try again the video and pictures, hold on.
Bcci already there covering up.

Im trying to share as much hesitantly, but it is becoming obvious.

Still unable to share video.

Screenshot_20221230_040652_WhatsApp~2.jpg

Last edited:

Another one...

Anyways seems hes ok, but irresponsible actions have consequences.

Agreed. This is one reason why I call for abolishing of personal vehicles. Added to this is the arrogance he has coming from being a prominent kirketer. Kirket and every other public and competitive sport should be abolished. A waste of time added with obscene Capitalism and personality worship. Sports should become small, done for health and recreation. Things like swimming and badminton, with no spectators.

STREANH, long time no see.

@-=virus=- @Skull and Bones, see what I say about personal vehicles and what STREANH said ?

Agreed. This is one reason why I call for abolishing of personal vehicles. Added to this is the arrogance he has coming from being a prominent kirketer. Kirket and every other public and competitive sport should be abolished. A waste of time added with obscene Capitalism and personality worship. Sports should become small, done for health and recreation. Things like swimming and badminton, with no spectators.

STREANH, long time no see.

@-=virus=- @Skull and Bones, see what I say about personal vehicles and what STREANH said ?
yaar, yahan bhi aa gaye aap apni le ke ?

pls man, we just want our guy to get well soon, take your failed politics BS elsewhere.

he was drunk, was he ? o_O

Back
Top Bottom