What's new

Modi steps into Pakistan -UAE breach

Indian investments/wealth is no where as much safe and value bearing as in Dubai/UAE property business. Infact UAE property business is again flourishing due to Indian investments only. In return some fifteen billion USD arfe remitted by Indian Expats back home. Hence it is no surprise that both UAE and India are forming strategic partnership. With India's investments UAE would still have been in 2007 recession.

What is interesting is the fact that UAE has allowed a foreign dignitary to use its soil for political speech which ironically lambaste the very sectarian division based policies which not only UAE but also the whole GCC region so feverishly wants to see implemented in all muslim states and groups.

It would also be interesting to see if UAE and other GCC countries are expecting India to form a Muslim only military band in their army to fulfill their security needs. Would India be ready to provide muslims only army for hire to GCC countries?? I dont see Hindu army or intelligence teams helping arab monarchs with their security while they also deal with Israel?

Strangely enough the whole of GCC print media censored terrorism related remarks of Modi? Even the electronic media only mention terrorism with Iran's interference in GCC region. Does this mean Modi went beyond the UAE sanctioned privilege with his neighbors and good/bad taliban comment? Both Saudi and UAE are still supportive of Taliban as latest wikileaks on Saudi clearly implicated its envoy to be in touch with Haqqanis who was even provided medical treatment in Saudi. How will Modi's good/bad taliban comment will be seen in Riyadh? Or is it that UAE is running its own show in GCC??

I remember the vitriol and anti arab stuff coming out of pakistan during march when the saudis asked for a symbolic just symbolic support. I think that was the moment alot of gulfies realised one incredible fact. No matter what the pakistani governments say, the population of pakistan is very hostile and and very anti arab. Personified by none other than shireen mazari.

The UAE being the most hawkish of all gulfies said 'why should we care about pakistan anymore or kashmir or any other pakistani issue'? Remember 2 years ago UAE even refused to meet modi. And today look at the news.

The paksters should have taken a cue from the turks who played it smart. As it is now, pakistan better hope the saudis don't follow the UAE in its new way of thinking

Best wishes to the new Indo-Arbee couple.............. if I haven't forgotten, India has a large Deobandi population? Wait till they get Salafized and start popping all over India! :D

Good riddance..........
Sir Hyperion in his usual lighter mode. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
------------------------------------
Sir I believe you are one of the more enlightened members out here as compared to our usual emotional, romantic, Ummah-loving Pakistanis.

It is your duty to teach the emotional fools that foreign relations are mainly driven by economic interests rather than the nonsense of military pacts.

You need to teach them that the Arabs do not need Pakistan militarily.

I remember the vitriol and anti arab stuff coming out of pakistan during march when the saudis asked for a symbolic just symbolic support. I think that was the moment alot of gulfies realised one incredible fact. No matter what the pakistani governments say, the population of pakistan is very hostile and and very anti arab. Personified by none other than shireen mazari.

The UAE being the most hawkish of all gulfies said 'why should we care about pakistan anymore or kashmir or any other pakistani issue'? Remember 2 years ago UAE even refused to meet modi. And today look at the news.

The paksters should have taken a cue from the turks who played it smart. As it is now, pakistan better hope the saudis don't follow the UAE in its new way of thinking

I just googled this "Shireen Mazari".

I am glad that she is anti-Arab if that's her above, lol.

You are reading too much into it bro. The Arabian Peninsula and India have always had close trading ties for millenniums. A long, long, long time before Pakistan even came to exist as a nation state.

It won't change but only intensify as time passes by. The mutual trade balance between the Arab world (mainly the GCC) and India was almost 250 billion dollars last year. Just saying.

You can't ignore a 1.25 billion big nation like India let alone a nation that the Arabian Peninsula has had millennium old trading, cultural and religious ties with. Moreover a nation that is located "just" across the Arabian Sea. Never going to happen and both entities know this very well.

Business is business. Trade with Pakistan will grow in due time as well whether the regimes have "friendly" or "unfriendly" relations.

I just googled this "Shireen Mazari".

You are reading too much into it bro. The Arabian Peninsula and India have always had close trading ties for millenniums. A long, long, long time before Pakistan even came to exist as a nation state.

It won't change but only intensify as time passes by. The mutual trade balance between the Arab world (mainly the GCC) and India was almost 250 billion dollars last year. Just saying.

You can't ignore a 1.25 billion big nation like India let alone a nation that the Arabian Peninsula has had millennium old trade, cultural and religious ties with. Moreover a nation that is located "just" across the Arabian Sea. Never going to happen and both entities know this.

Business is business.

Nah its more than that. Like i said. 2 years ago the emaratis refused to even meet Modi. Now they are taking selfies with him and welcoming him with open arms. Modi is not your typical indian. The guy hails from a hindu nationalist party. But right now the emaratis couldn'nt care less.

Nah its more than that. Like i said. 2 years ago the emaratis refused to even meet Modi. Now they are taking selfies with him and welcoming him with open arms. Modi is not your typical indian. The guy hails from a hindu nationalist party. But right now the emaratis couldn'nt care less.

Do you have a source for that? I just googled Modi's Wiki page and I noticed that he got elected as prime minister in May 2014. I don't know what he was 2 years ago.

Modi is irrelevant here. He is just representing India as the prime minister. Business will be business regardless of him.

Relations between NATION STATES rest on the economy and not much else nowadays.

The UAE has always been about business. Why do you think that Iran's biggest trading partner is the UAE of all countries? The same country that is openly hostile towards the Mullah's and vice versa?

Money rules the planet bro. All the rest is mostly empty slogans when it comes to nation states. Not talking about people to people relations here.

If Pakistan could offer the UAE what India can we would see the exact same situation unfold.

I am not sure what people are expecting.

Atheist/Buddhist/Communist China has 1 million times better relations with Pakistan than neighboring Muslim Afghanistan. That's just a fact. Don't look at relations between nation states from a religious perspective.

Last edited:
While I respect and understand that the Arab nations are improving relations with India. If I were an Arab, I would do the same;

but

You have no right to disrespect a Pakistani politician. I do not support her party but I will object to her humiliation at the hands of a non-Pakistani.
-----------------------------
I hope you understand; otherwise, I can use google too to dig out pictures of your leaders.

While I respect and understand that the Arab nations are improving relations with India. If I were an Arab, I would do the same;

but

You have no right to disrespect a Pakistani politician. I do not support her party but I will object to her humiliation at the hands of a non-Pakistani.
-----------------------------
I hope you understand; otherwise, I can use google too to dig out pictures of your leaders.

I don't respect anti-Arabs whether they are Pakistanis or Martians and you are welcome to post photos of "my" leaders if that's what you want to do. I won't take any offense at all.

Just like I don't assume that any sane Pakistani respects anti-Pakistanis.

Last edited:
Yes, Arabs are so big "cowards" that they created 3 of the 11 largest empires in human history

Indians, now that you're in bed with these filthy-rich sheikhs and Pakistan is coming out of their clutches, what're some rare Indian birds that his excellency can hunt? :tup:

Indians, now that you're in bed with these filthy-rich sheikhs and Pakistan is coming out of their clutches, what're some rare Indian birds that his excellency can hunt? :tup:

Why the Sheikhs still have 'Open Season' on Houbara Bustards around their exclusive airport in Paksitan.
In India only hens in poultry farms, not much good for them.

Arabs of the Arabian Peninsula and Indians have had close business ties for millenniums. The ancient relationship was based on trade which later evolved into cultural, religious etc. exchanges. Overall the relationship was very cordial. Another interesting thing (if you like anthropology) is that most of the descendants of modern-day Indians and South Asians lived on the Arabian Peninsula for millenniums upon millenniums before they ventured towards South Asia and all the remaining corners of the world. After all the Arabian Peninsula is the longest inhabited place on the planet outside of Eastern and Southern Africa.

map55_600px-i1.0.jpg

Early human migration written in stone tools : Nature News

140421164242_1_540x360.jpg

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140421164242.htm

Not all Arabs are filthy rich. Only a relatively small minority.

Secondly a few royals do not speak for the 450 million Arabs. I condemn any hunting of endangered species but in the case of Pakistan this is also something that a few opportunistic locals engage in and it is not a secret. Besides you are referring to the Houbara Bustard. It's a bird that is also present in the Arabian Peninsula but it is forbidden to hunt it and there are national parks in the GCC for this bird. Pakistan should be better at preventing such things from happening.

Houbara bustard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also UAE has done this in Pakistan in case you do not know.

A brighter future for the houbara, thanks to the UAE | The National

UAE houbara conservation: when ideals take wing | The National

Also I am not sure why you think that Arabs cannot have excellent ties with Pakistan and at the same tie have cordial, mostly business ties, with India?

Whether you like it or not India is a too big and most importantly too populous country to ignore with a developing economy. In the case of the GCC it would make even less sense considering the close business ties between the Arabian Peninsula and India historically. I am not even talking about the GCC hosting the biggest Indian diaspora in the world and countless of other reasons why it would be foolish to cut all ties just to please a few Pakistanis that apparently have so little trust in Arabs that cursing us is necessary just because of business relations between the GCC and India which are hardly a secret and have been the case for millenniums.

I don't see Arabs here or elsewhere cursing Pakistanis or Indians just because they have business relations with Iran - our current foe. If this is the reaction from most Pakistanis then UAE would do well in developing even closer ties with India if the trust is so little and the insults are this quick to fly around.

Why the Sheikhs still have 'Open Season' on Houbara Bustards around their exclusive airport in Paksitan.
In India only hens in poultry farms, not much good for them.

I don't know why he is trolling. This thread must have provoked him somehow. The UAE is doing a lot of work to preserve the Houbara Bustard in Pakistan too outside of the UAE. He is just misinformed like many users here.

Hunting is indeed popular in the Arab world, especially the Arabian Peninsula and Arabs (more wealthier ones) also travel abroad to hunt but it is done legally most of the time. Poaching does occur but it occurs among all peoples. The Spanish King for instance got in trouble some years ago due to illegal hunting trips in Africa. Besides illegal poaching in the Arab world is a problem itself that locals and foreigners are engaged in. The generalizations are also idiotic.

Arabs of the Arabian Peninsula and Indians have had close business ties for millenniums. The ancient relationship was based on trade which later evolved into cultural, religious etc. exchanges. Overall the relationship was very cordial. Another interesting thing (if you like anthropology) is that most of the descendants of modern-day Indians and South Asians lived on the Arabian Peninsula for millenniums upon millenniums before they ventured towards South Asia and all the remaining corners of the world. After all the Arabian Peninsula is the longest inhabited place on the planet outside of Eastern and Southern Africa.

map55_600px-i1.0.jpg

Early human migration written in stone tools : Nature News

140421164242_1_540x360.jpg

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140421164242.htm

Not all Arabs are filthy rich. Only a relatively small minority.

Secondly a few royals do not speak for the 450 million Arabs. I condemn any hunting of endangered species but in the case of Pakistan this is also something that a few opportunistic locals engage in and it is not a secret. Besides you are referring to the Houbara Bustard. It's a bird that is also present in the Arabian Peninsula but it is forbidden to hunt it and there are national parks in the GCC for this bird. Pakistan should be better at preventing such things from happening.

Houbara bustard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also UAE has done this in Pakistan in case you do not know.

A brighter future for the houbara, thanks to the UAE | The National

UAE houbara conservation: when ideals take wing | The National

Also I am not sure why you think that Arabs cannot have excellent ties with Pakistan and at the same tie have cordial, mostly business ties, with India?

Whether you like it or not India is a too big and most importantly too populous country to ignore with a developing economy. In the case of the GCC it would make even less sense considering the close business ties between the Arabian Peninsula and India historically. I am not even talking about the GCC hosting the biggest Indian diaspora in the world and countless of other reasons why it would be foolish to cut all ties just to please a few Pakistanis that apparently have so little trust in Arabs that cursing us is necessary just because of business relations between the GCC and India which are hardly a secret and have been the case for millenniums.

I don't see Arabs here or elsewhere cursing Pakistanis or Indians just because they have business relations with Iran - our current foe. If this is the reaction from most Pakistanis then UAE would do well in developing even closer ties with India if the trust is so little and the insults are this quick to fly around.

I don't know why he is trolling. This thread must have provoked him somehow. The UAE is doing a lot of work to preserve the Houbara Bustard in Pakistan too outside of the UAE. He is just misinformed like many users here.

Hunting is indeed popular in the Arab world, especially the Arabian Peninsula and Arabs (more wealthier ones) also travel abroad to hunt but it is done legally most of the time. Poaching does occur but it occurs among all peoples. The Spanish King for instance got in trouble some years ago due to illegal hunting trips in Africa. Besides illegal poaching in the Arab world is a problem itself that locals and foreigners are engaged in. The generalizations are also idiotic.

68 year old country trolling thousand of years old ties.:pdf:

Thanks for explaining many things there.

As for the reactions that you and I see...... its just 'insecurity' that is surfacing. One thing that I have been unable to get over is the belief that I see in (some) Pakistanis..... that -- if you are not with us then you MUST be against us.
Life has never been like that and Modern Times, even more so.

Life and Nature (all Creation) is all about Balance or atleast seeking to maintain a Balance. What is on display is just unnatural. Not an attitude that can take anybody far.

Now about hunting etc..... In India too we have bot a problem in trying to conserve Wild-Life as well as Poaching. Our own Royalty blew away huge amounts of our wild-life in the past simply as a sport. Fortunately, the laws are very stringent and well enforced for the most part. Which is showing itself in slowly rising numbers of the Asiatic Lion and Bengal Tiger populations. But much more needs to be done, many species are gone forever.

68 year old country trolling thousand of years old ties.:pdf:

In all seriousness it must be said that what is today Pakistan also had similar ties with the Arabian Peninsula. In some periods even closer than with areas of what is today India.

I can't speak for all 450 million Arabs nor am I a leader (surprise, surprise) but I think that I can speak for most Arabs when I say that we wish to have cordial ties with both Pakistan and India which has been the case historically. In fact I see no reason why we should not try to have cordial ties with EVERY country out there as long as it can benefit us. I mean is that not what every sane state/regime is doing?

It's just that the Pakistani-Indian rivalry overshadows everything for a lot of Pakistanis and Indians while you forget that your current dogfight is an internal matter. My impression is that both Pakistanis and Indians try to keep out of the Arab-Farsi dogfight that has been ongoing since 1979.

I have encountered every South Asian nationality in the GCC and Europe (Pakistanis, Indians, Nepalis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis of all backgrounds and ethnic groups) and I grew up with many. Overall my impression with most has been only positive and I see no reason to why I should hate any South Asian. I discovered many similarities that I did not knew existed beforehand and this made me study the relations and I discovered even more surprises. Since that period I have not seen any reason to dislike/hate that part of the world or its people regardless whether some might hate us Arabs.

Arabs in the GCC and Indians get along just fine. I for once don't hate India and I doubt that many Arabs do. At least I am yet to meet one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom