What's new

Modi has triggered internal war over uniform civil code: Muslim law board

You can call many religions which preach violence inhumane too. Should they be abolished as well?
Thats why rules should not be formed based on religion.personal laws should be same for all...in secular country religion has no place other than your home or place of worship.

Thats why rules should not be formed based on religion.personal laws should be same for all...in secular country religion has no place other than your home or place of worship.
Well that cuckold duo of Gandhi & Nehru did irreversible harm to India.

My point is ban the troublesome religion/religions rather than abolish some practises.

Naah, much that some fundamentalist would like to do so , it cannot & should not happen.

Religions are not bad , its those who interpret it who need a wake up call.

Naah, much that some fundamentalist would like to do so , it cannot & should not happen.

Religions are not bad , its those who interpret it who need a wake up call.
Truth is bitter. Stop living in wonderland.

Triple talaq is as stupid as, only brahmin priests, only kirpan for sikhs, only cannibalism to hindu agoris, nude jain monks... If talaq is the only concern of the govt without out reforming other stupidity, then of course modi govt trying to oppress only muslims.

Appreciate your wishes less the ' he he '.

India runs by its constitution , a feat alien to most nations in the region.

Sure. indian constitution says that hinduism would be india's state law and ban on beef would be prevalent and all communities would be forced to live under hindu domination and coerced into a hinduized lifestyle...

SURE!! lol...

So will they also apply the uniform code in nagaland ? @Joe Shearer

This is such a bad move, I don't want to talk about it. May I reproduce what I wrote to an ex-fauji friend of mine? Or will you go and see for yourself? If the latter, please PM me. If the former, please say so, as I will have to do some judicious editing to keep identities off the posts.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...m-law-board/story-yixTGpmXIEbTPeQvP6m6FN.html
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...rights-Muslim-bodies/articleshow/54841785.cms

Led by the All India Muslim Personal Law Board, several Muslim organisations on Thursday opposed the law commission's questionnaire on the uniform civil code (UCC), declaring that the move amounts to the Modi government+ declaring "war" on their religious rights.

The threat of Muslim organisations to "boycott" the law commission process also comes in the backdrop of the Supreme Court hearing a challenge to triple talaq where the Centre termed the custom unconstitutional and violative of gender equality .

Accusing the government of waging "war" against the community and contending that the UCC, if implemented, will threaten the country's pluralism.

Since Muslims have rejected secularism and are ready to go to war(jihad) if uniform civil code is implement? What should be done now?

They are stupid, backward idiots, but the government is also a set of stupid backward idiots. The government is doing this for the UP polls,and the temple will be the next issue. I hope they fall flat on their faces. But I hope a genuine UCC gets done.

If guys are allowed to marry 4 girls then it's only fair a girl can marry 4 guys.

If I was not pushing 70.....

If guys are allowed to marry 4 girls then it's only fair a girl can marry 4 guys.

Jokes aside, I agree.

Hinduism allows polygamy and polyandry as well unlike Islam. But let's stick to the topic.

Muslims have shown their true colors. Gandhi and Nehru's vision of secular India has been proven wrong.

Balls.

The personal law relating to Hindus was amended years ago. And I don't think much of your assessment, considering the flimsy grounds it is based on.

You can call many religions which preach violence inhumane too. Should they be abolished as well?

EVERY religion preaches, or practices violence. No exceptions. Don't be a hypocrite.

I would destroy these fellows. Every society that people want to immigrate to has uniform civil code.

Destroy? As in? And what differentiates you from Genghis Khan?

Destroying 250 million people is no joke. But where there is will there is way. You should have been the Pm of India.

I can't believe that you talk shit like this and think you will get away.

MPLB has vehemently resisted any reform the domestic laws which are not only prejudiced against Muslim women but also reminds us the oppressive medieval orthodoxies, which have no place in a modern democracy. If they have failed to reform Muslim society from within, the outside punch must be accepted in the name of UCC.

Provided, and this is the crux of the situation, that the UCC addresses egregious behaviour of other religions as well.

This is such a bad move, I don't want to talk about it. May I reproduce what I wrote to an ex-fauji friend of mine? Or will you go and see for yourself? If the latter, please PM me. If the former, please say so, as I will have to do some judicious editing to keep identities off the posts.
I will go with former then.

send them to live in Taliban land. it will serve them well

A variation of the 'Why don't you go to Pakistan?' theme? Interesting. So that's where you're coming from.

BTW, this is a sick thread. Thoroughly and terminally sick. Don't read this. Stay away.

BTW, this is a sick thread. Thoroughly and terminally sick. Don't read this. Stay away.
Yes and here I thought the cave people were sick, But i realized brilliant educated people from across the border don't shy away from exhibiting extremist mentality

The UCC is required, but not the bully-boy version of the BJP. To name just a few anomalies, there is a huge gap in the income tax regulations caused by the concept of the Hindu Undivided Family. Will any model of this or any other UCC that this pernicious Sangh Parivar suggests cover that hole?

There are two different legal systems in practice among Hindus, the Dayabhaga and the Mitakshara. Will the grossly unfair treatment of women in one of them be addressed by this UCC?

There are issues relating to Christian divorce, which are anomalous. They stem from Christ's ringing denunciation of divorce, and his insistence on following the traditional injunction of Moses - NO divorce (even today the Roman Catholic Church does not allow divorce, only annulment; in fact, the Anglican Church also does not permit it, hence the great embarrassment in Great Britain about the position of the Duchess of Cornwall). Will the UCC address this anomaly?

If this had been a sincere effort, it would have aimed at a uniformity of all men and women, and not selectively taken pot-shots at the minority community of Muslims. I was sorry to read [another ex-fauji, an angry Colonel sahib]'s aggressive, belligerent posts; not all of India is divided into pro-BJP or pro-AAP supporters. There are a few outside this magic circle who would like all of you to stop fighting over silly issues and address the increasing division of the country for the political benefit of a few unscrupulous politicians.

Yes and here I thought the cave people were sick, But i realized brilliant educated people from across the border don't shy away from exhibiting extremist mentality

Brilliant, educated........? Well, OK, whatever you say.

Sure. indian constitution says that hinduism would be india's state law and ban on beef would be prevalent and all communities would be forced to live under hindu domination and coerced into a hinduized lifestyle...

SURE!! lol...

What an outstanding ignoramus you are.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom