What's new

Minister: Iran May Drop Gas Pipeline Project with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Serpentine

As, you are aware that i have been a long time supporter of the IP project. It has me surprised what has just unfolded. I wish for this project to become operational. Its not just about gas, its also about building stronger and better ties with Iran.

Guys, There are some obvious errors in your comments.
@haman10 , it seems that you have not understood what Aeronaut means at all ;)
@Aeronaut , Iran is not exporting gas to Turkmenistan. Iran is importing gas from turkmenistan for her Khorasan province with a lower price due to previous investing for building pipeline in turkmenistan and some financial reasons like that.
Also, there isn't any major gas exports to china either. There was some talks and rumors about purchasing a huge amount of gas in a 20 years contract for a suitable price by China. But nothing has happened yet.
BTW, how did you conclude from article that Iran is the one who want to cancel the deal?

And Pakistani members were talking about Iran-Pak strategic friendship and how India is satan and backstabbing Iran.at the same time all we are getting is terrosrism and economic losses from the pakistani side.

Atleast,India is still one of the few economic partners and and they are doing us some favours.
Whats our problem ? What ever do you mean ?

We didn't force Iran to strike up an enmity with Israel, the United States or pretty much the rest of the Western World - You did that yourself !

Naturally that has had a detrimental effect on this pipeline !

We need the gas...we need it bad but not at the cost of US & later UN Sponsored Sanctions practically nuking our already sunk economy !

On top of that the problem is precipitated further because of (a) the pricing issues & (b) the funding issues - Usually we've always funded our Big Capital Expenditures on Infrastructure through the IMF, the ADB, the WB or the sort - Right now none of them are willing to touch the IP with a 10 foot barge pool because of the looming sanctions !

So no funding + pricing disagreements + prospected sanctions on Pakistan = No IP !

So do both of us a favor & sort out your disagreements with the United States & for a change bury the rhetoric about Israel being wiped away from the face of the Earth so that we can take this forward !

Try to understand Our Limitations here instead of getting all worked up about something that we've repeatedly stressed is needed by Pakistan & can be, potentially, extended all the way up to China, if need be & thereby its inherent potential further enhanced !

And pray tell me how is this move any more or less 'against Iran' than some of your bestest buddies cutting Oil Imports from Iran because the Yanks asked them to ?

At least we've went out on our leg on this project - the Yanks aren't supporting it, the Arabs certainly are not & neither are most others in the Western Camp !

You want a Confrontationalist Approach - Be my guest but we don't have Oil to fall back to - We've got our limits & so we can't go for something that has (a) pricing issues & (b) is going to have massive detrimental effects for our economy !

And the reason why most Pakistanis aren't supporting this Pipeline is because, barring the idiotic & corrupt Government of the last term, every Analyst worth their salt was writing in Pakistan about how the Pipeline not only has unfavorable pricing terms for us but also is a magnet for more sanctions !

So you can't really blame us for asking ourselves - Wait a minute, are we really willing to shoot ourselves in the foot with this project ? And for what ? God Bless Iran but we're not exactly Strategic Allies ! Heck even your Strategic Allies have bailed on you lately.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better my self. Such posts are needed so "iranians" can come off their high horses and stop their "tounge in cheek" comments and putting all the blame on us

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better my self. Such posts are needed so "iranians" can come off their high horses and stop their "tounge in cheek" comments and putting all the blame on us

dude , u crushed our ego :sarcastic:

Nonesense.Pakistan cut the deal much after we declared emnity with Israel and US.why did you cut the deal then?weren't you aware of this?

We have completed the pipeline in our side.now its your turn.
you will make your turn as soon as possible or you will be forced to compensate as it is issued in the contract.

BTW, I apologize that your country is exporting terrorists to her neighbors including my country.

Nonesense.Pakistan cut the deal much after we declared emnity with Israel and US.why did you cut the deal then?weren't you aware of this?

We have completed the pipeline in our side.now its your turn.
you will make your turn as soon as possible or you will be forced to compensate as it is issued in the contract.

BTW, I apologize that your country is exporting terrorists to her neighbors including my country.

A nonsense statement. Mossad killing your people and scientists using your own people and the group مجاهدين خلق ايران. Meanwhile sunni Iranians are creating bases in Sistaan mountains and meanwhile gullible people like you shifting blame on Pakistan who actually helps you in catching terrorists.

You deserve "great friends" like india and russia who backstabbes you in UN, or during payments issues, weapon transfers, cutting back oil supplies

while Pakistan who are sincere with you, never voted against you, you and your mullahs accuse it for exporting terrorists. It's better to have luke warm relations with you instead of having strategic one!

A nonsense statement. Mossad killing your people and scientists using your own people and the group مجاهدين خلق ايران. Meanwhile sunni Iranians are creating bases in Sistaan mountains and meanwhile gullible people like you shifting blame on Pakistan who actually helps you in catching terrorists.

You deserve "great friends" like india and russia who backstabbes you in UN, or during payments issues, weapon transfers, cutting back oil supplies

while Pakistan who are sincere with you, never voted against you, you and your mullahs accuse it for exporting terrorists. It's better to have luke warm relations with you instead of having strategic one!

chill out ..we just saying we expect more from Pakistan.

while Pakistan who are sincere with you, you and your mullahs accuse it for exporting terrorists.
So because mossad has done some terrors in Tehran does that let your country to host wahhabi baluch terrorists,Mod Edit.

bye the way, mossad assassinated few Iranian scientists and in return we killed 8 of their embassy staffs in Bulgaria and then they stopped the ugly game.MEK is also destroyed.now the only threats to our country are the terrorists which are living in your country.

Afghanistan is also suffering from you since the leadership of Taliban is living in your country whitout any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
So because mossad has done some terrors in Tehran does that let your country to host wahhabi baluch terrorists,Mod Edit.

bye the way, mossad assassinated few Iranian scientists and in return we killed 8 of their embassy staffs in Bulgaria and then they stopped the ugly game.MEK is also destroyed.now the only threats to our country are the terrorists which are living in your country.

Afghanistan is also suffering from you since the leadership of Taliban is living in your country whitout any problem.

Lets start at the beginning then, Iran tried to export its nutty walayat e faqeeh revolution to Pakistan. This is at a point when Pakistan recognized the legitimacy of post-revolution govt and in-fact was in touch with Khomeini before he came into power. There was nothing, nothing to suggest that Pakistan govt of the time was against Khomeini or harbored any ill-will towards him. Yet instigating a segment of population against the Pakistani state came very easily to him, I wonder how well would you take it if some other country does the same and starts instigating a segment of your country to overthrow the govt. Not to say that being a majority Sunni state Walayat e Faqeeh would have resulted in some crook like Saddam or Asad at helm of affairs which usually is the case when minorities rule and need to keep majorities under check.

Abdolmalek Rigi was caught with help of Pakistani intelligence service. This fact has been accepted by Iran officially, Iran also claims that by catching Rigi it brought an effective end to Baluch insurgency. So according to you Pakistan harbours these elements then helps Iran in nabbing them? Baluch Sunni population is your problem, don't blame Pakistan for your failures to address social issues in that area. Perhaps a better state policy is needed then dumping drugs in Sistan.

As for Afghanistan, Iran supported a faction as brutal as Taliban. The same human right organization which were very vocal against Taliban used the exact same words for Northern Alliance warlords after Nato attack. Mod Edit. Crimes of Talibans become a Hujjat for us while your support of same elements goes scot free. Afghanistan is now officially making noises about Iran supporting some factions directly (what you accused Pakistan of doing).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Iranian sense of entitlement is truly bewildering.

Why are we doing business with a saudi client state in the first place? They can't even buy gas without getting permission from a bunch of back water sand castle countries the have populations the size of small towns.

Everybody knows the reason why these people are dragging their feet, so stop with the price bull shit. Just continue building the wall on the border and seal it up.

@Sedqal

I didn't say Pakistan is supporting terrorism against Iran.All I am saying is that Pakistan is not serious in confronting the terrorist group as needed.Iran is making a huge wall in your border.doesn't that make you insulted and unwanted?

We supported no terrorist group in Afghanistan.in fact we badly supported NATO and US in case of invading AFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom