What's new

Minister: Iran May Drop Gas Pipeline Project with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be in the interest of Iran to keep the project on, Pak may not be able to complete the pipeline in given time, so some free funds coming in.
actually our real interest was peace pipeline which was exporting gas to Pakistan, India and maybe china, but looks like you guys (Pak,Hindu) put your hostility ahead of your national interests.
as our oil minster said without India and or china this pipeline doesn't have economic viability for Iran.

It was never meant to materialize in the first place anyway. Nothing but a naughty act by Zardari govt during the fag-end of their tenure, left behind as an irritant for the incoming govt.

a naughty act !? interesting ...

It was never meant to materialize in the first place anyway. Nothing but a naughty act by Zardari govt during the fag-end of their tenure, left behind as an irritant for the incoming govt.

speaking on behaf of pakistani ppl from UK !! :D LOL @ U

I dont think so. That was the only good deed he did.
These B.C are worse than zardai.

a naughty act !? interesting ...

It was actually. If you think about it... Zardari's govt signed MOU with Iran only couple of months before Pakistan's general elections. Wonder why they waited for that long, so close to end of their term. Let's not fool ourselves...going ahead with the project means going against US & Saudi diktat. No govt in Pakistan is prepared to do that. Now....NS's govt will have to bear the brunt of people & will be seen as succumbing to US & Saudi pressure... not Zardari or PPP. I hope you understand where I am coming from...

Where one door closes, a new one opens.

Iran will give way to the Saudis.

speaking on behaf of pakistani ppl from UK !! :D LOL @ U
lol.. you wouldn't be saying that if we had our country flags on display here.

Anyway.. pls refer to post #20. I hope it makes sense...

Iran reserves the right to back off from the project but agreed penalties would apply, as well as the diplomatic fallout.

actually our real interest was peace pipeline which was exporting gas to Pakistan, India and maybe china, but looks like you guys (Pak,Hindu) put your hostility ahead of your national interests.
as our oil minster said without India and or china this pipeline doesn't have economic viability for Iran.
Whether India joins in or not, but in long run it will be an important economic asset for Iran. Just loud thinking, based on the history of sanctions, export of LNG through this channel can be explored.

How can we be sure that it is Iran itself that is cancelling the project?
Maybe some elements in Pakistani government have given up to Saudi and U.S pressure to cancel this project and are dragging foot in this game, so Iran may have dropped the project for good.
I can't think of any other possibility, since we proposed this project very first.

This is the cheapest way for Pakistan to get natural gas, through a pipeline. If you think it's more viable it buy LNG from Qatar or KSA or build a pipeline from Turkmenistan through war torn Afghanistan, then good luck with that.
It was a win-win deal, I hope it still is.

They should've stopped this project already a long time ago. Doing business with Pakistani government is a guarantee for headache and stress. Let them buy energy from other states, perhaps even KSA, since they are already a Saudi satellite state. The only thing we should do at the Pakistani border is monitoring and terrorist-cleaning.

And Pakistani members were talking about Iran-Pak strategic friendship and how India is satan and backstabbing Iran.at the same time all we are getting is terrosrism and economic losses from the pakistani side.

Atleast,India is still one of the few economic partners and and they are doing us some favours.

Iran reserves the right to back off from the project but agreed penalties would apply, as well as the diplomatic fallout.

lol!! iran is not going to back off , its pakistan which is going to!! did u even read the article?

pakistan doesnt stick to the previously agreed price , u want to lower the price and its a JOKE .

plus who wants to take penalties from iran?? america tries to do that for 35 yrs and didnt get the "S word" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom