What's new

Minister: Iran May Drop Gas Pipeline Project with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol!! iran is not going to back off , its pakistan which is going to!! did u even read the article?

pakistan doesnt stick to the previously agreed price , u want to lower the price and its a JOKE .

plus who wants to take penalties from iran?? america tries to do that for 35 yrs and didnt get the "S word" !!

The price is 3X the price agreed to that of China, it becomes automatically financially un-viable. I have supported this pipeline since its inception, as we want to see better ties with Iran. I hope, they can negotiate and wok out some kinda deal to push it through.

And Pakistani members were talking about Iran-Pak strategic friendship and how India is satan and backstabbing Iran.at the same time all we are getting is terrosrism and economic losses from the pakistani side.

Atleast,India is still one of the few economic partners and and they are doing us some favours.

exactly !! @Armstrong : bro as one of few sane members here , whats ur (pakistan) problem ? no really !!

first u claim ur our friends then every single pakistani move recently was against irans national interests

plus pakistani members in this forum seem to be happy with that !!!

How can we be sure that it is Iran itself that is cancelling the project?
Maybe some elements in Pakistani government have given up to Saudi and U.S pressure to cancel this project and are dragging foot in this game, so Iran may have dropped the project for good.
I can't think of any other possibility, since we proposed this project very first.

This is the cheapest way for Pakistan to get natural gas, through a pipeline. If you think it's more viable it buy LNG from Qatar or KSA or build a pipeline from Turkmenistan through war torn Afghanistan, then good luck with that.
It was a win-win deal, I hope it still is.

Pakistan, hasn't backed off from the project as during the recent meeting between Sharif and Obama, Pakistan defended the pipeline. I don't understand why would Iran be pulling back from the project, since its Iran that has said that it may pull back from the project.

The price is 3X the price agreed to that of China, it becomes automatically financially un-viable. I have supported this pipeline since its inception, as we want to see better ties with Iran. I hope, they can negotiate and wok out some kinda deal to push it through.

i aslo hope it happens as a sign of friendship , but u can cancel the deal as u mentioned and accept the chinese offer .

no ones pushing u , but still we want better relations with pakistan no matter what

lol!! iran is not going to back off , its pakistan which is going to!! did u even read the article?

pakistan doesnt stick to the previously agreed price , u want to lower the price and its a JOKE .

plus who wants to take penalties from iran?? america tries to do that for 35 yrs and didnt get the "S word" !!

Iran's top oil ministry official announced on Wednesday the country is likely to give up on the multi-billion-dollar pipeline project which was due to take its rich gas reserves to energy hungry Pakistan. "The contract for supplying gas to Pakistan is likely to be annuled," Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh told reporters on the sidelines of a gas forum here in Tehran on Wednesday. Zanganeh did not state any further details in this regard.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13920808001261

The statement for stopping the project was made by Iran's oil ministry, not by Pakistan.

Pakistan, hasn't backed off from the project as during the recent meeting between Sharif and Obama, Pakistan defended the pipeline. I don't understand why would Iran be pulling back from the project, since its Iran that has said that it may pull back from the project.

iran had finished the pipeline in its soil , while pakistan didnt !! how can we be less interested ??

+ irans part of pipeline is longer that pakistan's

exactly !! @Armstrong : bro as one of few sane members here , whats ur (pakistan) problem ? no really !!

first u claim ur our friends then every single pakistani move recently was against irans national interests

plus pakistani members in this forum seem to be happy with that !!!

Obviously, you didn't understand what was being said here. Iran is selling gas to China at 3X less than the price compared to what its selling to Pakistan. Its not that the Chinese are supplying us gas at a lower price. I hope that the price can be negotiated and project is finished.

Iran's top oil ministry official announced on Wednesday the country is likely to give up on the multi-billion-dollar pipeline project

only if pakistan doesnt agree on the previously agreed price

iran had finished the pipeline in its soil , while pakistan didnt !! how can we be less interested ??

+ irans part of pipeline is longer that pakistan's

First of all, building the pipeline is not the issue, negotiations with Iran and Russia are underway for the construction of the pipe on Pakistani side. The issue is the price which hasn't been specified by the Iranian oil ministry.

Obviously, you didn't understand what was being said here. Iran is selling gas to China at 3X less than the price compared to what its selling to Pakistan. Its not that the Chinese are supplying us gas at a lower price. I hope that the price can be negotiated and project is finished.
Can you give us a source for your claim regarding the price?

only if pakistan doesnt agree on the previously agreed price

The agreement rate for Pakistan is more than $15/MMBTU if calculated in relation to the current JCC prices though Iran is supplying gas to Turkmenistan at a rate of $4/MMBTU.

Iran had made gas sale contract with China at much lower price but on the other side it is almost 3 times what is decided with Pakistan so its needed to renegotiate the price.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...-sdpi-report-suggests-renegotiating-gas-price

@kollang

At this price which is 4X higher than that of Iran Turkamenistan , the end Pakistani user cannot afford the Iranian gas which means its financially nonviable. Iran By selling at 4X the regional price, Iran is trying to manipulate our energy starved market.

Last edited:
It was never meant to materialize in the first place anyway. Nothing but a naughty act by Zardari govt during the fag-end of their tenure, left behind as an irritant for the incoming govt.

It was more like a political move in Pakistan-America tensions.

Iran's top oil ministry official announced on Wednesday the country is likely to give up on the multi-billion-dollar pipeline project which was due to take its rich gas reserves to energy hungry Pakistan. "The contract for supplying gas to Pakistan is likely to be annuled," Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Namdar Zanganeh told reporters on the sidelines of a gas forum here in Tehran on Wednesday. Zanganeh did not state any further details in this regard.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13920808001261

The statement for stopping the project was made by Iran's oil ministry, not by Pakistan.

Well Saudi Puppets PML_N in pakistan rather pleases their Masters in Riyadh then worry about pakistan and her Future. what did u think others will beg Saudi representative Nawaz to do his job.Good news is ya-sheik will through some dinars at him and vohalaa problem solved bigger bank account.

suddenly a whole bunch of comments got removed !! i think the site encountered some sort of prob :what:

The agreement rate for Pakistan is more than $15/MMBTU if calculated in relation to the current JCC prices though Iran is supplying gas to Turkmenistan at a rate of $4/MMBTU.

Iran had made gas sale contract with China at much lower price but on the other side it is almost 3 times what is decided with Pakistan so its needed to renegotiate the price.

i understand what u say , but first of all business stuff is much more complicated than what u say .

if iran is selling china with a lower price its because china buys 20 times more than pakistan(for ex. , i'm not sure how much)

and also if u didnt like the price , u could have simply not accept the offer in the first place !!!

no need to accept it then in the middle of the work call for renegotiation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom