What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

They are called "Khan" now. All rajputs who converted to Islam became "khan" from Singh after conversion. And just to add a point, in central and south Punjab, Rajputs are called "Rai" instead of Raja.

Some do, some don't. Like the Bhatti rajputs originally came from Rajasthan thousands of years ago. In central Punjab most rajput clans are descended from the Bhattis. The rajput clans of potohar, ajk and jammu are mostly not of Rajasthani origin. They are mostly descended from Pandavas and are almost always "chandarvanshi". i'e lunar rajputs. The chibhs of Potohar are a sub-caste of the Katoch of Kangra, and thats where they came from. General Raheel is a chibh. Are Katoch of Kangra classified as dogras?

oh bhai... it depends on their sub caste...in southern punjab .. the noons,ranghars etc have rana as their surname... in photohar n kashmir janjuas,minhas,chibs etc have raja... in central punjab... there are ones who use rana.. sub rai or rao... n some bhattis most of the time only use bhatti ... same goes with manj etc..

Actually there is very good proof of Bhuttos being punjabis arains. Now only after few generations they have shifted their identity to Sindhi. Punjabi Khatris/sheikh are also Kshatriyas historically but now known for business.

Syed don't give titles because jats, arain, gujjars are not titles like rajput. Don't confuse Syeds with brahmins who used to give titles.

Sir ji they are rajputs.. from Junagarh... which is in or near rajhistan

oh bhai... it depends on their sub caste...in southern punjab .. the noons,ranghars etc have rana as their surname... in photohar n kashmir janjuas,minhas,chibs etc have raja... in central punjab... there are ones who use rana.. sub rai or rao... n some bhattis most of the time only use bhatti ... same goes with manj etc..
Sir ji they are rajputs.. from Junagarh... which is in or near rajhistan

To many proofs of them being Punjabi Arain.

Bhutto father held All India Arain conference before partition. British giving land to Arains in south punjab and even in Sindh which sindhis didnt like. ''Bhutto'' being one of Arain clans. The reason they changed to rajput was arain only come from Punjab unlike rajputs. They didnt want anything to do with Punjabi identity for politics reasons.

You need to go out more. Plenty of Punjabis look like that. That look is typical of Khatri, Brahmin, Arora caste Punjabis who tend to have this type of look.

I have an Sikh-Arora class fellow... he has similiar look.. the eyes etc.

In fact I would say that Dogras don't look anything like mongoloids. On average, Dogras have big eyes. Potoharis don't have the Dogra look.
BJP MP from Udhampur - Jitendra Singh (he beat Ghulam Nabi Azad)

DR-JTNGR-NEW.jpg

2.jpg

Earlier it was the brahmins who allocated race/titles. Now it's Sayyids. For example Pir Pagara declared Bhuttos to be Araeeins, which is why a lot of people think of Benazir Bhutto as an araeein, but Bhuttos themselves claim a jat/rajput origin. I think it all came down to the caste system. To be classified as a rajput, I believe you had to belong to the "kshatriya" caste, i'e no farming or business running. Jatts are renowned farmers, hence did not get labelled rajputs. Another example is that of the Chauhans of Rajasthan. They were originally white huns or scythians, but got "transformed" into rajputs by lighting a ritual fire on the mount abu. The indian rajputs would know of this.

I am Syed we do not do anything of the sort, us Syeds mostly keep to ourselves marry amongst ourselves and largely live amongst ourselves. We do not allocate titles LOL. The only Syeds who have high status are the ones who became educated and bought large amounts of lands which later gave them political power or the ones descended from saints who are still looked up to by their murids today.

Bhuttos are Arains only recently they calling themselves Rajput but its funny because Zulfiqar Bhuttos I believe grandfather was the president of All India Arain Board LOL.

@shan bhai sahb you really think I care about proving myself as light skinned for you? I have been mistaken for several ethnicities. Why would I care about your Central Punjabi opinion? Like I said trolling is good time pass bhaiya ji but at least it should be funny.

Kyun bhai apnay maa baap wali koi features nahin hai.....:D

Kyun bhai apnay maa baap wali koi features nahin hai.....:D

LOL you are still 4-5 pages back. You need to catch up. @shan and I have come to a peace settlement. I won't insult Punjabis. Not sure about the protest but protests seem to attract disenfranchised and angry people everywhere. No idea who they are. I have posted pictures of normal Dogras- politicians, amateur actors/actresses, random people, soldier, etc..

I have posted non-cherry picked pictures from my village to show types of pagris, some shade lighter other darker. But some people would lead us believe differently about dogras, despite living in Jammu and not Punjab where sun is quite strong. Not to mention physique, they appear quite weak and short compared to central punjabi jatt, gujjar, butt etc

LOL you are still 4-5 pages back. You need to catch up. @shan and I have come to a peace settlement. I won't insult Punjabis. Not sure about the protest but protests seem to attract disenfranchised and angry people everywhere. No idea who they are. I have posted pictures of normal Dogras- politicians, amateur actors/actresses, random people, soldier, etc..

Gogras are average looking people. 6/10. Fail.

NEXT

I was born in Kharian.. :D

Lo kar looo baaat.....tou pakaaa...pakaaa Punjabi haiii abb not only Honorary Punjabi anymore ! :smokin:

Stop it butt. Hobbits are still > than oompa loompas like you. :D

Aaarghhh ! :mad:

Hows Bhabi ? :)

Did you teach her some Pakistani culinary cuisines ? Did you teach her some Urdu ? :)

Aaarghhh ! :mad:
Hows Bhabi ? :)
Did you teach her some Pakistani culinary cuisines ? :)

First there is no "bhabi" bhai ko saza na deh. Second I only cook if I am about to die other than that I will not bother so no lol. Lastly stop derailing this thread. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom