What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

lol people in Pakistan calling themselves rajahs hahah.. if someone would say this here we will say jaah ja k muh dho k aah.. lol

In Pakistan, all Gujjars and Jatts call themselves Chaudhary, and all Potohari/AJK/jammu muslim rajputs call themseves Raja. We don't give a f*** about Indians haha.

Rajputs surname is Raja in Pakistan.
Why didn't they keep Singh as their surname?

In Pakistan, all Gujjars and Jatts call themselves Chaudhary, and all Potohari/AJK/jammu muslim rajputs call themseves Raja. We don't give a f*** about Indians haha.
Do Pakistani Rajputs originate from Rajasthan?

jatts are doing well in Pakistan it seems I hear lot of Randhawa and bajwas in news. even in America we have nikki Randhawa as governer ofnorth Carolina

Nikki_Haley_2011.jpg
Unfortunately she became a Christian and she tries to act like a Gori.

I noticed your post in an earlier thread where you called rajas as kammi. So that's why I thought you had a grudge against them. And Gakkhars are Rajas lol. They intermarry with the Janjuas and are always called Rajas haha. I'm from Jhelum and a Raja myself. Gakhhars + most pure blooded rajputs are called Rajas in Potohar. Chibs, Jarrals, Gakkhars, Hons, Janjuas, Sohlars are all called Rajas. The present spiritual chief of Gakhhars is called Raja Erij Zaman Khan. He's from the famous "rajas of khanpur" family. My point being; Gakkhars are always addressed as Rajas. And I know what I'm talking about as my own village is right next to Jhelum and Serai alamgir. And yeah, we have a lot of dark skinned members in our biraderi, but even the dark skinned ones look nothing like kammis and Indians in general.

Where did i call raja kami? Point me towards post, give me post number in this thread. Its not hard to locate one post it is? Ghakkars are not rajputs, i dont know what they call themselves now. Historically ghakkars were never under rajput umbrella.

bobby Jindal governor of lusiana is also a Punjabi although not a jatt..so we have two Punjabis head of state in america

120727_SCI_BobbyJindalEX.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

Why didn't they keep Singh as their surname?

Do Pakistani Rajputs originate from Rajasthan?

They are called "Khan" now. All rajputs who converted to Islam became "khan" from Singh after conversion. And just to add a point, in central and south Punjab, Rajputs are called "Rai" instead of Raja.

Some do, some don't. Like the Bhatti rajputs originally came from Rajasthan thousands of years ago. In central Punjab most rajput clans are descended from the Bhattis. The rajput clans of potohar, ajk and jammu are mostly not of Rajasthani origin. They are mostly descended from Pandavas and are almost always "chandarvanshi". i'e lunar rajputs. The chibhs of Potohar are a sub-caste of the Katoch of Kangra, and thats where they came from. General Raheel is a chibh. Are Katoch of Kangra classified as dogras?

Last edited:
Ok now we know who they are. We also have gujjars like them in Pakistan, but in our area gujjars are settled and own land just like jats. Its likely they didnt even knew what was happening around 47, they should have migrated to Pakistan back then.
Ok now we know who they are. We also have gujjars like them in Pakistan, but in our area gujjars are settled and own land just like jats. Its likely they didnt even knew what was happening around 47, they should have migrated to Pakistan back then.
Here in hazara, gujjars are known as cattle herders.....same is case in punjab?
@Shahmir kashmir

Where did i call raja kami? Point me towards post, give me post number in this thread. Its not hard to locate one post it is? Ghakkars are not rajputs, i dont know what they call themselves now. Historically ghakkars were never under rajput umbrella.

Yeah but they have been intermarrying with rajput clans for so long that the uneducated ones still call themselves "rajput". Another theory of them describing themselves as rajputs is that they converted to hinduism, and got awarded "rajput" designation by the brahmins. In Jhelum, they along with the Janjuas and other rajput clans are always called "rajay" with most people not even knowing the difference. That's why there is so much "raja vs chaudhary" politics in jhelum.

Some do, some don't. Like the Bhatti rajputs originally came from Rajasthan thousands of years ago. In central Punjab most rajput clans are descended from the Bhattis. The rajput clans of potohar, ajk and jammu are mostly not of Rajasthani origin. They are mostly descended from Pandavas and are almost always "chandarvanshi". i'e lunar rajputs. The chibhs of Potohar are a sub-caste of the Katoch of Kangra, and thats where they came from. General Raheel is a chibh. Are Katoch of Kangra classified as dogras?
Thank you for the information, I already answered that question but you must not have seen it lol. No worries.
Basically, Katoch don't really speak Dogri so aren't classified as Dogra but just normal Rajput.

Here in hazara, gujjars are known as cattle herders.....same is case in punjab?
@Shahmir kashmir

Yes in punjab too Gujjars possess a lot of cattles but they are settled, a lot of them have considerable land holdings in Gujranwala/Gujrat/sialkot/Narowal and are additionally engaged in agriculture like jatts. In cities though gujjars mainly possess cattles and sell milk on daily basis.

jatts are doing well in Pakistan it seems I hear lot of Randhawa and bajwas in news. even in America we have nikki Randhawa as governer ofnorth Carolina

Most in Pakistan dont use jat surnames... anyway here is list of famous jats from Pakistan. There more but as i said hard to know. Fast bowler Waqar Younis and Muhammad Irfan are also jats.

Abdus Salam (pathan from mother side)

Abdus%2BSalam.jpg

Nasrullah Mansoor participated in Kashmir jihad

MilitantfreedbyIndiatiestheknot_16415-349x238.jpg

Colonel Imam famous for Afghan Jihad

Col+Imam2.jpg

Mustansar Hussain

507944-image-1360955056-829-640x480.jpg

Faiz Ahmed Faiz, famous poet

faiz-ahmed-faiz_0.jpg

Tahir-ul-Qadri

qadri.jpg

We were having a good discussion here. Don't turn this into a india pakistan thread

Yeah but they have been intermarrying with rajput clans for so long that the uneducated ones still call themselves "rajput". Another theory of them describing themselves as rajputs is that they converted to hinduism, and got awarded "rajput" designation by the brahmins. In Jhelum, they along with the Janjuas and other rajput clans are always called "rajay" with most people not even knowing the difference. That's why there is so much "raja vs chaudhary" politics in jhelum.

Yes brahmins used to give these rajputs titles to people. Jats never got them and neither did Ghakkars historically. I think the reason for now is that they have become muslims and live in manly rajput areas.

This sense of pride to Pakistanis comes in two sense, first that they belong to Martial race and other being Muslims who ruled over 'weak' Hindus for 1000 years. ;)
shut your trap befre I put my Balochi foot in it
for once
just for once give your racism a rest

dont forget your India also has a portion of Punjab you hateful person.

@Karla M the so called prosperity of Punjab is a myth which vanishes like smoke the moment one goes about 40 miles off the GT road in anywhere in Punjab. the anti Punjab propaganda is normally done by very affluent and powerful feudal families of other provinces who one way or another always manage to keep their stranglehold on their people. anti Punjab sentiments is an in thing and a fashion. like I said, a Punjabi farmer who spends his entire life for generations paying off debts and working just to survive is no different to another not so fortunate "non-punjabi" Pakistani in smaller provinces.

as far as military goes, yes its no surprise that the biggest pool comes from the most populous province but the second biggest contribution comes from Pashtons.

as far as the Martial race jibe is concerned there are far too many in India being the Rajpoot and Jaat and Gorkhas and what not. almost every nation has its own claim to fame when it comes to war.

these are the words from a non-Punjabi who despite all the hardships has no ill will for others and doesnt blame his bad fate over people of other provinces.

remember this.. a handful of industrialists and Landlords are NOT PUNJAB.... just like the very plush and swab aristocrat Baloch Sardars living in grand palaces have nothing in common with a Baloch living in scorching sun and bone chilling winds from the dry mountain ranges.

Back
Top Bottom