What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

The Doda district is a mixed kashmiri-dogri region. But no region of mixed kashmiri-pothohari exists. Moreover dogras have a huge brahmin population which is related to brahmin population of kashmir valley, it is not just rajput only area.

Doda lies in Jammu divided from Kashmir historically through Banihal pass, now by Banihal road and railway tunnels.

And who was Ranjeet singh a pure central punjabi from Gujranwala itself.
And who was Ranjeet singh a pure central punjabi from Gujranwala itself.

Yeah, he also made Badshahi mosque into a stable... Only Chatthas, Manj and Bhatti rajputs resisted the sikhs in central Punjab. All the other muslims sided with them against other muslim Punjabis. Anyway, I have no issue with Punjabis or any other Pakistani ethnicity. I just noticed a few of Shan's and your posts being a bit hateful towards my own ethnic group, which happens to be Potohari.

I said Dogras are lighter, which seemed to have hurt your inferiority complex stricken ego. As for skin tone. Well, I have no issue with my own skin tone, but I know for a fact that most central Punjabis are darker. You seem to have a jealousy for Rajas. What's the matter? Their brave history to much for you to swallow? They fought to death with Sher Shah Suri and Ranjit Singh without surrendering unlike you "superior" central Punjabis. Haha. Anyways, no hate man.

Dogras are also not "lighter skinned" , some individuals among them are lighter skinned but then it is true for all other ethnicities in north west parts of south asia.

Doda lies in Jammu divided from Kashmir historically through Banihal pass, now by Banihal road and railway tunnels.

Yes Doda is outside of kashmir valley, but the kashmiris have historically colonized that area and make significant part of the population there and maintain their kashmiri/kashur language and culture in regions such as kishtwar which is indeed outside kashmir valley. Your former minister Ghulam nabi azad is a pure kashmiri (kashur speaking) from Doda district who has been elected MP from that area many times I believe.

I said Dogras are lighter, which seemed to have hurt your inferiority complex stricken ego. As for skin tone. Well, I have no issue with my own skin tone, but I know for a fact that most central Punjabis are darker. You seem to have a jealousy for Rajas. What's the matter? Their brave history to much for you to swallow? They fought to death with Sher Shah Suri and Ranjit Singh without surrendering unlike you "superior" central Punjabis. Haha. Anyways, no hate man.

Rajas are darker then even central punjabis. Your so called exemple of fair and handsome from British era is proof enough. And bravery... let see. The only history worth mentioning is Janjuas rajputs. You guys have inferioty complex, always crying about central punjabis discrimination because we are much richer and developed. Now living in delusions of fair skin tone compared to us. While every raja i have seen is much darker then me.

Do you think i have never been to Rawalpindi?

Dogras are also not "lighter skinned" , some individual among them are lighter skinned but then it is true for all ethnicity in south asia.

I believe arguing over ethnicity and skin colour is the most backwards thing to do. Jammuites are bound to be lighter skinned considering the furnace central Punjab is with all the sunlight, in contrast to the high altitude, snow covered mountains of Jammu. Even Niazi pathans became brown skinned in Mianwali as opposed to "fair" pashtun stereotype because of the high sunlight+desert conditions.

On the other hand, do you have a link to harappadna for Potohari punjabis?

Yeah, he also made Badshahi mosque into a stable... Only Chatthas, Manj and Bhatti rajputs resisted the sikhs in central Punjab. All the other muslims sided with them against other muslim Punjabis. Anyway, I have no issue with Punjabis or any other Pakistani ethnicity. I just noticed a few of Shan's and your posts being a bit hateful towards my own ethnic group, which happens to be Potohari.

I have never been hateful to pothoharis, you are making wrong impression about my posts. And the purpose of giving Ranjeet singh example was not to be proud about that sikh guy but to show you that your concept that only pothoharis are martial does not stand the test of history because whether we like it or not the biggest empire created in punjab was by a central punjabi from Gujranwala despite the fact that we frown upon his actions regarding treatment of Badshahi mosque.

I did not see any results for Potoharis on that website. As far Azad Kashmiri paharis are concerned, they are by far much lighter skinned. And travel to Punjab first before making any judgement. I have traveled to both regions of Potohar, and differences are quite noticeable.

There is result of potoharis on that site, they are more south indian shifted then even central punjabis.

Rajas are darker then even central punjabis. Your so called exemple of fair and handsome from British era is proof enough. And bravery... let see. The only history worth mentioning is Janjuas rajputs. You guys have inferioty complex, always crying about central punjabis discrimination because we are much richer and developed. Now living in delusions of fair skin tone compared to us. While every raja i have seen is much darker then me.

Do you think i have never been to Rawalpindi?

In Rawalpindi everyone has a habit of calling one's self a "Raja". I personally know kammis from my village claiming to be "rajas" in rawalpindi. Also, Rawalpindi is a multiethnic city with a lot of central Punjabis and Kashmiris.

As far as history is concerned, the Gakkhars defeated Janjuas on many occasions. Sher Shah Suri was resisted by Sultan Sarang of the Gakkhars, who died fighting along with his 16 out of 20 sons. He's buried at Rawat fort. Sultan Muqarrab Khan of Gakkhars defeated Khattaks and Yousafzai pashtuns, and the Chibs of Bhimber before he was himself defeated by Sikhs.

Dogras are also not "lighter skinned" , some individuals among them are lighter skinned but then it is true for all other ethnicities in north west parts of south asia.

Yes Doda is outside of kashmir valley, but the kashmiris have historically colonized that area and make significant part of the population there and maintain their kashmiri/kashur language and culture in regions such as kishtwar which is indeed outside kashmir valley. Your former minister Ghulam nabi azad is a pure kashmiri (kashur speaking) from Doda district who has been elected MP from that area many times I believe.

Kishtwari language is a mixture of dogri and Kashmiri. Gulab Nabi Azad is not a Kashmiri. He does not identify as such either.

Dasht means empty land/ plain

Behr e Zulmaat is the name of a sea.

Iqbal is referring to the expansion of the Muslim Empire and a particular incident during the invasion of Africa by General Uqba Bin Nafe.

"The fearless Akbah plunged into the heart of the country, traversed the wilderness in which his successors erected the splendid capitals of Fez and Morocco, and at length penetrated to the verge of the Atlantic and the great desert.... The career, though not the zeal, of Akbah was checked by the prospect of a boundless ocean. He spurred his horse into the waves, and raising his eyes to heaven, exclaimed: 'Great God! if my course were not stopped by this sea, I would still go on, to the unknown kingdoms of the West, preaching the unity of the holy name, and putting to the sword the rebellious nations who worship another gods than Allah."

The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Edward Gibbon, M. Guizot (François) - Google Books
thanks bro!

I never mentioned pothoharis? Point me towards any post in which i did, don't accuse without proof. Central punjab Muslim Jats may have sided with sikh jats because because of similar biraderi, but i don't know for sure so can't confirm. Central punjab Jats were the only biraderi left with sizelable non-muslim population. 95% of rajputs converted to islam after invasions. Thats why only few % of rajputs are sikhs.

So most of non-muslim jats left converted to sikhsm from 17th century onwards. Thats why majority jats in punjab are either sikhs or muslims, very few hindus.

In Rawalpindi everyone has a habit of calling one's self a "Raja". I personally know kammis from my village claiming to be "rajas" in rawalpindi. Also, Rawalpindi is a multiethnic city with a lot of central Punjabis and Kashmiris.

As far as history is concerned, the Gakkhars defeated Janjuas on many occasions. Sher Shah Suri was resisted by Sultan Sarang of the Gakkhars, who died fighting along with his 16 out of 20 sons. He's buried at Rawat fort. Sultan Muqarrab Khan of Gakkhars defeated Khattaks and Yousafzai pashtuns, and the Chibs of Bhimber before he was himself defeated by Sikhs.

Ghakkars are not rajas, janjuas are. Are you sure you know what are you talking about? Anyway its wrong to say only light skin are rajas while others are fake. Punjabis (north or central) dont reject someone from his biraderi based on skin tone. Lot of diversity in punjab biraderis.

Last edited:
lol people in Pakistan calling themselves rajahs hahah.. if someone would say this here we will say jaah ja k muh dho k aah.. lol

I never mentioned pothoharis? Point me towards any post in which i did, don't accuse without proof. Muslim Jats may have sided with sikh jats because because of similar biraderi, but i don't know for sure so can't confirm. Central punjab Jats were the only biraderi left with sizelable non-muslim population. 95% of rajputs converted to islam after invasions. Thats why only few % of rajputs are sikhs.

So most of non-muslim jats converted to sikhsm. Thats why majority jats in punjab are either sikhs or muslims, very few hindus.

Ghakkars are not rajas, janjuas are are. Are you sure you know what are you talking about? Anyway its wrong to say only light skin are rajas while others are fake. Punjabis (north or central) dont reject someone from his biraderi based on skin tone. Lot of diversity in punjab biraderis.

I noticed your post in an earlier thread where you called rajas as kammi. So that's why I thought you had a grudge against them. And Gakkhars are Rajas lol. They intermarry with the Janjuas and are always called Rajas haha. I'm from Jhelum and a Raja myself. Gakhhars + most pure blooded rajputs are called Rajas in Potohar. Chibs, Jarrals, Gakkhars, Hons, Janjuas, Sohlars are all called Rajas. The present spiritual chief of Gakhhars is called Raja Erij Zaman Khan. He's from the famous "rajas of khanpur" family. My point being; Gakkhars are always addressed as Rajas. And I know what I'm talking about as my own village is right next to Jhelum and Serai alamgir. And yeah, we have a lot of dark skinned members in our biraderi, but even the dark skinned ones look nothing like kammis and Indians in general.

jatts are doing well in Pakistan it seems I hear lot of Randhawa and bajwas in news. even in America we have nikki Randhawa as governer ofnorth Carolina

Nikki_Haley_2011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom