What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

The reason himachlis put their language under hindi was political, they were hindus and did not want to attach themselves to sikhs, it was another two nation theory which led to separation of himachal pradesh from indian punjab. For haryana it was justified to create new state because they were indeed hindi speaker (haryanwi).

Cuturally Himachalis are very distinct from Punjabis, all of them wear some bowl type cap unlike Turbans among Punjabis. If you don't know anything, don't write garbage here. :wacko:

oops ... almost all barbers in Amritsar are himachalis and they consider their language closer to Punjabi than hindi. although some of their younger generation don't even speak himachali and speak hindi they kinda have same problem like Pakistani punjabis

I have the feeling dogras of jammu and himachal pradesh are derived from the same genetic population, the behavior is indeed very similar. You will be surprised that in Gujranwala, Sialkot and gujrat the most famous non-muslim character is pooran bhagat , there is a lot of poetry about him and old people in my area used to share it with one another in social gatherings. I recently checked that Pooran bhagat was from dogra region, it seems to me there is underlying affinity between pakistani central punjabis and dogra rajputs of jammu and himachal reigons.

Cuturally Himachalis are very distinct from Punjabis, all of them wear some bowl type cap unlike Turbans among Punjabis. If you don't know anything, don't write garbage here. :wacko:
hindu/ muslim Punjabis don't wear turbans as well and their culture is not same as Sikhs. himachali will start speak proper amritsari dialect Punjabi in a month which a bihari cant speak in whole life.

Yes, that's correct. The Pakistani meaning of the term Punjabi has evolved into a geographical identity more than a cultural or linguistic one which is why there is a steep decline in the Punjabi speaking population especially in the urban areas. Whereas in India, the Punjabi ethnic and linguistic identity is quite cemented and occupies a visible position in the national web.
is it because punjabis are majority and dominate in pakistan, they dont need to assert their identity (like English here, scots and welsh people have nationalism, English mostly have muted nationalism).
In India, punjabi is just one of many identities, and they want to preseve their own. Many other Indian states have such strong identities, tamils, bengalis and increasingly now marathis.

You are right. In my opinion the shortest people in pakistan are mohajirs of karachi, i have met many of them, very short. Like indians they are not good in producing fast bowlars but batsmen

Well these short inferior muhajirs defend Karachi everyday against barbarians from your country.

I am educating you kiddy.

hindu/ muslim Punjabis don't wear turbans as well and their culture is not same as Sikhs. himachali will start speak proper amritsari dialect Punjabi in a month which a bihari cant speak in whole life.

In old days, Hindu/Muslim Punjabi also wore turbans, I have seen some old photos but they aren't like the Sikh style Turban. Himachalis mostly wear this type of cap.

images1_1388081447.jpg

Punjabi Muslims do wear turbans. You have probably never been to Pakistan anyway. I all ready told you to sort out your heroin addiction.

Here is an Awan from Western Punjab.
415744.jpg

Awans_Soldiers.jpg

himachalis are not punjabis, not sure genetically but culturally I see no similarity. My knowledge is superficial of course, based on visits there.

This bani israeli theory was popularized by pakistani pashtun writer roshan khan. So you are clearly laughing at pakistani pashtuns. And i have heard in fauji barraks, homosexual tendencies , develop some times. Now be frank with us, which pathan soldier in your barrak bullied or sexually harassed you?
hhahhahahahah kiddo i guess some madrasa molvi harrased u in mountains of afghanistan maybe u think all the pushtoons are like that but my friend our army is disciplined army unlike ur gay afghan army always high on hashish and only interested in bcha bazi there are many documentaries on u afghan bcha baz psychopaths ...

Pashtuns are tall and tajiks are short, on average.
In pakistan, Pashtuns of peshawer and bannu cities are short.
British, in their times, have done surveys on indigenous populations. Sindhis were described as most "inferior" in physique and height while pathans as taller and brawny. If i find their work on internet, i would share it with you.

British sources should only be used when you are looking into administrative stuff, they were notorious for naming those fought against them as inferior. Like the Bengalis may be short and dark but they are fighters, they fought against Brits and were labelled non Martial.

Likewise with the Sindhis while you proudly claim that Pashtuns resisted British agressively you forget the Sindhi Hurs were fighting with the British all the way up to partition itself and so if Brits listed them as inferior it was only because they were having problems against their rebellion.

Likewise with the Sindhis while you proudly claim that Pashtuns resisted British agressively you forget the Sindhi Hurs were fighting with the British all the way up to partition itself and so if Brits listed them as inferior it was only because they were having problems against their rebellion.

Divide and conquer. Only an idiot will buy into that silly British racial martial theory.

himachalis are not punjabis, not sure genetically but culturally I see no similarity. My knowledge is superficial of course, based on visits there.

There is no single tribe living in himachal pradesh, I just said that there are large number of Dogra rajputs (similar to jammu) in himachal pradesh too and they speak dogri which is dialect of punjabi. And this stupid term pahari has no meaning , anything can be called pahari, one needs to specify the actual ethnic origin of the people living there in himachal pradesh who are not homogenous.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom