What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

You are quite 'healthy'.
Why do you think Pashtuns , Afghans make good labourers?. In Qatar , their amir tried to replace pashtun , afghan labourers with sri lankans. Sri lankan labourers couldnt take on hard labour in piercing heat of Qatar and many of them became beyhosh on their very first day. Amir than dropped the idea of replacing pathans. Confirm it from @mafiya.

Wikipedia. And just speculation. On similar pattren some people speculate that Yousafzai are descendents of hazrat yousaf. Marwati is also a surname in indonesia, does it mean we have links with them?
Marwats and all other lodhi tribes are cousins of ghiljays , and their abode was region stretching from ghor to ghazni

Successfully replaced with Nepali's, bengalis indians. Patha labourers were causing law and order situation.

British sources should only be used when you are looking into administrative stuff, they were notorious for naming those fought against them as inferior. Like the Bengalis may be short and dark but they are fighters, they fought against Brits and were labelled non Martial.

Likewise with the Sindhis while you proudly claim that Pashtuns resisted British agressively you forget the Sindhi Hurs were fighting with the British all the way up to partition itself and so if Brits listed them as inferior it was only because they were having problems against their rebellion.
I would agree with you on that. And thanks for reminding me about brave hurs.
Unfortunately all the date about the tribes and castes comes from british sources of that time, ever since creation of pakistan , no data is collected in this field.

Not that it matters in religion, but let me remind you the founder of bareilwi sect , raza ahmad khan was rohilla pathan. And deoband town as well as madrassa was also founded by rohilla pashtuns, when they were still speaking pashto. But these things are meaningless, islam is neither arabic, pashtun or punjabi. There are hanafi/deobandi muslims in punjab , in addition to deviants/bareilwis
yea president of america is pathan , president of russia is pathan , nawaz sharif is pathan , Punjabi army is pathan , balochis are pathans , sindhis are pathans now happy now plz STFU

Abi isi ko Kashmiri mein translate karo paindumir Kashmir.

I know, lot many tom, dick and harry in Pakistan claim they are Kashmiris. :laugh:
Thank God Google or other sites have NOT come up with a translate to Koshur. In that case we would have to read atrocious language from wannabe Kashmiris. :sick:

Thank God Google or other sites have NOT come up with a translate to Koshur. In that case we would have to read atrocious language from wannabe Kashmiris. :sick:

I believe his name must be starting with some Sardar in the beginning and ending with the lastname Kashmiri, common with the names of many wannabe Kashmiris in Pakistan. :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Divide and conquer. Only an idiot will buy into that silly British racial martial theory.

Not divide and conquer more like psychological warfare, tell people they are something long enough and they will start believing it themselves. You can break their will to fight before they ever pick up arms, I have to say Brits were masters at this type of stuff.

Successfully replaced with Nepali's, bengalis indians. Patha labourers were causing law and order situation.
I was told that father of shiekh hamad was fan of pashtuns, when hamad disposed of his father, a dozen pashtun supporters tried to create trouble in protest. In my time he was trying to get rid of pashtuns, he demolished their hujras. Sad to hear that he has replaced them.

I would agree with you on that. And thanks for reminding me about brave hurs.
Unfortunately all the date about the tribes and castes comes from british sources of that time, ever since creation of pakistan , no data is collected in this field.

Yes it is funny that we have to resort to brits to know even our own origin :lol:

But then it is the destiny of all illiterate societies which historically did not give importance to education which was the case in south asia till quite recently.

There are a lot of wannabe Kashmiris here :lol:
Are you a Kashmiri pandit?

hindu/ muslim Punjabis don't wear turbans as well and their culture is not same as Sikhs. himachali will start speak proper amritsari dialect Punjabi in a month which a bihari cant speak in whole life.

In Pak Punjab there are different types of turbans according to the regions etc..

Punjab Rangers Turban:

t.jpg
r.jpg

Muslim soldiers from Pak.. (different regions) .. during world war 2:

brit.jpg

Sepoy_Khudadad_Khan_VC_Hollebeke_Sector_First_Battle_of_Ypres_30_October_1914_450.jpg

View attachment 31010
jjjjjjjjj.jpg

thetimes-eid-adha-dec1941.jpg

images (1).jpg

gg.jpg

fffff.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited:
The founder of Pakistan, jinnah baba, said that ethnic identities should be discarded for pakistani one. No such thing as pakistani existed before 1947, so pakistani only identity with urdu langauge is encouraged while ethnic and cultural identities and their langauges are discouraged. This resulted into some blacklash, bengalis demanded their own country and won it in 1947. There also emerged ethnic nationalism in sindh, balochistan and kpk.
Pashtuns and balochs are least integrated into this pakistani/urdu identity. Pashtuns are unique in the sense that they are very religous and are quite practical and regular muslims. In punjab and sindh, the attachment with islam is nominal.

who told you that, in terms of academic oriented middle class along with traditional Punjabis and Karachi Urdu speakers, it is Pashtuns who have emerged the most recently and now there are lot of them in Engg / Medical Schools and other institutions of the country.

who told you that, in terms of academic oriented middle class along with traditional Punjabis and Karachi Urdu speakers, it is Pashtuns who have emerged the most recently and now there are lot of them in Engg / Medical Schools and other institutions of the country.
I meant integration by culture. Pakhtuns do not buy urdu identity.
Even if literacy rate in pakhtuns become 100%, they wont dissolves their identity for urdu one.

In Pak Punjab there are different types of turbans according to the regions etc..

Punjab Rangers Turban:

View attachment 31007 View attachment 31008

Muslim soldiers from Pak.. (different regions) .. during world war 2:

View attachment 31009
View attachment 31019

View attachment 31010
View attachment 31018

View attachment 31011

View attachment 31013

View attachment 31014

View attachment 31016

View attachment 31017

There are too few Pakistani Punjabis who wear turbans that why I said Pakistani Punjabis aint into wearing paggs. there are some who wear it on occasions but its not mainstream like in Sikh culture. anyways my point was we may have different culture but our language is similar.

There are too few Pakistani Punjabis who wear turbans that why I said Pakistani Punjabis aint into wearing paggs. there are some who wear it on occasions but its not mainstream like in Sikh culture. anyways my point was we may have different culture but our language is similar.

In villages people do wear pags.. in cities not many.. except for consevative etc people.. reason is bcoz its a religious thing for you cultural for us..

Hmmm suris of ghor, who are our cousins, were indeed hindus and lohani were indeed indo-afghan merchants.
May be those lohana sindhis migrated from afghanistan and settled there.
Is it true that Muhammed ibn Suri was Hindu?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom