What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

Look at this picture and decide yourself if they are Dogra or Punjabi by culture.

1.jpg

That's not how Dogras originally looked. These are modern cultural photos. If one finds old images of Dogras, this is how they looked like:

maharaja%20gulab%20singh.jpg

images

Maharaja%20Shri%20Ranbir%20Singh%20Jammu.jpg

And a hundred years ago Punjabi women also originally wore Ghagras/Lehngas not Salwar Kamiz like today

Is it true that Muhammed ibn Suri was Hindu?

How stupid you are how a person whose name was Muhammad can be hindu. But yes it is documented that the historians of ghaznawi turks referred to Ghor (the seat of suris) as being inhabited hindu pagan people, they were probably Kalash like pagan people.

How stupid you are how a person whose name was Muhammad can be hindu. But yes it is documented that the historians of ghaznawi turks referred to Ghor (the seat of suris) as being inhabited hindu pagan people, they were probably Kalash like pagan people.
Idiot, that's the reason for the confusion. But he is documented as a Pagan and Hindu by Ghaznavi sources.

That's not how Dogras originally looked. These are modern cultural photos. If one finds old images of Dogras, this is how they looked like:

images

And a hundred years ago Punjabi women also originally wore Ghagras/Lehngas not Salwar Kamiz like today
It's true that Dogra culture is influenced by Punjabi however over the years we have developed a distinct culture of our own.

Yea i think so, he is mentioned as either infidel or hindu by ghaznavi sources. Could be buddhist, as bamiyan, ghor regions has buddhist statues
Thank you, how do you think he got the name Muhammed?

Last edited:
I have a feeling this Karla dude is a troll as well..
Any mods wanna do an IP check? @Aeronaut @Emmie @jaibi @Jungibaaz

Look at these idiots, having a go at each other. What degree in Mexico requires you to do a thesis on 'Punjabification'? Would be nice to know.

and @Shahmir kashmir

I am a girl, but i dont even think that should be relevant....
it's not "required" a thesis about punjabification...
I do require, however, a thesis...
I studied International Relations...and I, myself, chose it to be about Pakistan.... My idea was to explain how Pakistan is internally, so it would be better understood this region,

most of my friends have a thesis about Mexican drugs issues, Europe, USA migration, even China's developments, Middle Easts conflicts, but i am bored of those topics ... you would too, if for 5 years those are the everyday topics!!!

In Mexico, and Latin America, there is no interest on these topics, most people set for what they watch on tv, which is attacks, "terrorism", and no one knows exactly what is going on. I am not saying that my thesis will be the best thesis ever, but I do want give my best , not just a piece of paper to get my degree

it was not my intention to make you guys "going at each other" ... Even my thesis is not focused on Punjab,
but i had in mind explaining all the provinces and their current situation, since i had read "Pakistan a Hard Country" and "Pakistan" by Ana Ballesteros a spanish lady which made me realized how different Pakistan from what I am used to...

my advisor told be about this punjabization, most of you will think he is biased (since he is Afghan) but I think he just told me because it would be "interesting" to mention...
believe ...even professors from my University (and most universities in my country) with PHd... know basically nothing about Pakistan or in that case, South Asia or Central Asia....

if any mods want to check my IP i have absolutely no problem with that... I am not ashamed of being Mexican, i am not ashamed to be passionate about your country.

Idiot, that's the reason for the confusion. But he is documented as a Pagan and Hindu by Ghaznavi sources.

Bro it was obviously just propaganda against him to justify taking his lands lets be serious.

images

In pakistani punjab women have never worn lehngas , pakistani punjabi women dress before shalwar kameez was "Lacha kurta" same as the punjabi muslim men dress in old times in villages like this,

heer-ranjha_Allah-Baksh_think-twice-pakistan.gif

Bro it was obviously just propaganda against him to justify taking his lands lets be serious.
That may be true however his predecessor Amir Suri is also documented as Hindu/Pagan. It is also said that the region he governed was one of the last places in Afghanistan to convert to Islam.

@KingMamba @Pak-one
I found this interesting quote:
"The rise to power of the Ghurids at Ghur, a small isolated area located in the mountain vastness between the Ghaznavid empire and the Seljukids, was an unusual and unexpected development. The area was so remote that till the 11th century, it had remained a Hindu enclave surrounded by Muslim principalities. It was converted to Islam in the early part of the 12th century after Mahmud raided it, and left teachers to instruct the Ghurids in the precepts of Islam. Even then it is believed that paganism, i.e. a variety of Mahayana Buddhism persisted in the area till the end of the century."

Last edited:

It's true that Dogra culture is influenced by Punjabi however over the years we have developed a distinct culture of our own.

He was defeated and arrested by ghaznavis and converted to islam. I think the whole ghor region was converted to islam by mehmud ghaznavi.

That may be true however his predecessor Amir Suri is also documented as Hindu/Pagan. It is also said that the region he governed was one of the last places in Afghanistan to convert to Islam.

@KingMamba @Pak-one
"The rise to power of the Ghurids at Ghur, a small isolated area located in the mountain vastness between the Ghaznavid empire and the Seljukids, was an unusual and unexpected development. The area was so remote that till the 11th century, it had remained a Hindu enclave surrounded by Muslim principalities. It was converted to Islam in the early part of the 12th century after Mahmud raided it, and left teachers to instruct the Ghurids in the precepts of Islam. Even then it is believed that paganism, i.e. a variety of Mahayana Buddhism persisted in the area till the end of the century."
The last non-muslim region in afghanistan was kafiristan, present day nooristan, converted by amir abdul rehman in 1890s

@KingMamba @Pak-one
Interesting.....

Last edited:
In pakistani punjab women have never worn lehngas , pakistani punjabi women dress before shalwar kameez was "Lacha kurta" same as the punjabi muslim men dress in old times in villages like this,

heer-ranjha_Allah-Baksh_think-twice-pakistan.gif
very true. Lacha kurta was the original dress of women of west Punjab. This was also the original indigenous dress of all Punjab men in both east and west Punjab

I did go straight to the airport but you should've left everything and met me at the airport like @ZYXW was about to before I asked her not to fearing for my life when a 400 pound baby elephant that she is would jump into my arms to greet her Uncle ! :unsure:
Precisely. LOL . we even took a picture!! @KingMamba
9LpQC29.jpg

Why would I do that shit, you ain't the maharaja of Kashmir that I would go out of my way like that. :rofl:
you'd do that for me right mambi ;) ehem ehem
images

very true. Lacha kurta was the original dress of women of west Punjab. This was also the original indigenous dress of all Punjab men in both east and west Punjab

My grandmother told me that she used to wear lacha kurta in her childhood in her village because that was the main dress of women in pakistani parts of punjab. Lacha kurta is still worn by women in some parts of pakistani punjab like surroundings of jhang , gujrat etc.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom