What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

The fourth picture, such looks is not common in Punjab. I may be wrong.

Dogras do not look exactly like Punjabis. Dogras are more likely to have coloured eyes, and lighter skin on average. The 4th guy looks like he is from the Caucasus region. Such look is also found in Dogra lands. The first guy can pass for Eastern European I think.

look at from post 273 onward....hur cheez mi Kashmir and Kashmirism ko dalna huta:tsk:...its about Punjab etc....im sure someday in threads related to CHINA or AUSTRALIA,people wouldnt shy away bringing or creating fake ancestral links from 18th century between Chinese/Australians and Kashmiries:laugh:

look at from post 273 onward....hur cheez mi Kashmir and Kashmirism ko dalna huta:tsk:...its about Punjab etc....im sure someday in threads related to CHINA or AUSTRALIA,people wouldnt shy away bringing or creating fake ancestral links from 18th century between Chinese/Australians and Kashmiries:laugh:

Punjabis are not cool enough to have a thread dedicated solely to them

What about pashtunization :D

I see alot of pashtunization in Pakistan aswell :D

is that so?
Hmm...i put "Pashtoon nationalism" under Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's chapter....

but i have not read much about it just yet...

@INDIC
@Jaggu

I will post pictures of some Dogras here and let you guys decide if they can pass for punjabis :D Btw none of these people are celebrities. Just random people through google

ss01.jpg

Talha.png

Salaria_Safia.jpg

10254019_743220329044008_7129490023048245034_n.jpg

Jammu BJP winner - Jugal Kishore Sharma

Sh.-Jugal-Kishore-Sharma1.jpg

559897_341651612619208_383001688_n.jpg

photo.jpg

Post more pics of Dogra chicks :smitten:

Who you calling a wannabe Kashmiri you Brown little Bugger ! :mad:

Or Orange little Bugger if I remember correctly - Damn....how can anyone be Orange, reminds me of that episode from Scrubs about that man who drank too much carrot juice ! :unsure:

Language is just a mode of communication not something which is intrinsically linked to one's ethnicity otherwise the Baluch who speak Suleimanki Saraiki or Barahui wouldn't be Baluch just because they don't speak Baluchi anymore but your compatriot just doesn't have enough brain-cells to decipher that ! :crazy:

BTW armstrong, unlike Mirpuris why aren't people from Gilgit-Baltistan referred as Kashmiri as it was the part of princely states too. :o::o: Tell me, do you call Pashtuns of Balochistan as Baloch. :what:

No one is saying that you are a wannabe Kashmiri. Fact of the matter is that a lot of Mirpuris claim to be Kashmiris because they are suffering from self-hatred. These people will in the same breath criticize Dogras but forget that without us, the area would never have been unified into a single political union and therefore, the Mirpuris would never be able to get away with calling themselves Kashmiris!
Dogras always feel proud in stating our ethnicity. We do not look up to Kashmiris. @SarthakGanguly

Mirpuris pretending as Kashmiris give a perception that they are people Kashmir valley and thus fool the entire world about Kashmir. Many many years back before knowing their reality, I too believed they are people from the Kashmir valley , :mad::mad: Those from Gilgit-Baltistan aren't referred as Kashmiris in Pakistan. o_O

Last edited:
BTW armstrong, unlike Mirpuris why aren't people from Gilgit-Baltistan referred as Kashmiri as it was the part of princely states too. :o::o: Tell me, do you call Pashtuns of Balochistan as Baloch. :what:

As the people of GB aren't Kashmiris in either an ethnic sense nor do they wish to be associated with the Kashmir Issue anymore hence why they demanded de-facto Provincial Status. Btw they are still referred to as Kashmiris in normal parlance and we're increasingly so back when the Northern Areas and the AJK were governed as a single unit.

The people of Azad Kashmir on the other hand have Paharis, Kashmiris and Jammuites in their midsts which makes a sizeable portion of their population as Kashmiris in addition to Kashmiris being used as a term to refer to the people of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir with Azad Kashmir being formed as a Government-in-Exile of that princely state when the Muslims revolted in '48 hence why they're referred to as Kashmiris.

So far as the Pukhtoons of Baluchistan are concerned they're referred to as Baluchistanis much like the Baluch of Baluchistan but because that term isn't envogue no one refers to them or the Baluch or the Punjabi Settlers as such !

As the people of GB aren't Kashmiris in either an ethnic sense nor do they wish to be associated with the Kashmir Issue anymore hence why they demanded de-facto Provincial Status. Btw they are still referred to as Kashmiris in normal parlance and we're increasingly so back when the Northern Areas and the AJK were governed as a single unit.

The people of Azad Kashmir on the other hand have Paharis, Kashmiris and Jammuites in their midsts which makes a sizeable portion of their population as Kashmiris in addition to Kashmiris being used as a term to refer to the people of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir with Azad Kashmir being formed as a Government-in-Exile of that princely state when the Muslims revolted in '48 hence why they're referred to as Kashmiris.

In ethnic sense only the people from Valley are Kashmiris but in political sense you have to use the term both for Mirpuris and Gilgit-Baltistan, not just Mirpuris as used in Pakistan. I have never heard any Pakistani associating Gilgit-Baltistan as a Kashmiri. I visited Katra as a teenage boy, our guesthouse owner was from Udhampur and he openly denied his association with 'Kashmiri' identity.

In ethnic sense only the people from Valley are Kashmiris but in political sense you have to use the term both for Mirpuris and Gilgit-Baltistan, not just Mirpuris as used in Pakistan. I have never heard any Pakistani associating Gilgit-Baltistan as a Kashmiri. I visited Katra as a teenage boy, our guesthouse owner was from Udhampur and he openly denied his association with 'Kashmiri' identity.

How many times must I repeat myself ?

The people of Mirpur are from all over Kashmir including the Kashmir Valley and AJK was formed as a Government-in-Exile to the princely state of J&K hence why both from an ethnic and a sub-national sense they're referred to as Kashmiris !

The people from GB on the other hand are neither ethnic Kashmiris nor are they representing the Government-in-Exile as the people of AJK are !

The Kashmiri Identity isn't talked about in an 'ethnic' sense whenever some political issue is talked about....it is talked about in a political sense hence why the blanket term 'Kashmiri' is used to refer to all as it has been used as far back as one can remember.

People from Udhampur are Dogras. Obviously they won't call themselves Kashmiris

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom