What's new

Military Related Questions

How are they easy prey when they got huge protections ie the cockpit is surrounded by Titanuim steel, less IR signature

Going back on the question on 30mm GAU used on the A-10 Is there such a defence against such a connon (30mm)

Because it is slow and designed to operate at low levels. It would be easy pickings for a fast jet.

The 30mm is used to puncture tanks so there is probably no effective practical defence against it.

Can't 30mm be use with Longbows or Cobras? Or they do use it?

Shhhhhh thats top secret :p

Whats your opinion on Battle harden AirShips or blimp should Pakistan invest such projects in the future ?

Advantages:
Able to ferry Huge cargos
Able use for surveillance for very long time
Use as a platform to launch Aircraft
Much cheaper than sea ships

These project have been interesting and US has been quoted in ordering and testing them, the system is from a UK based company building and projecting it to the defence community around the world. The problem with Airships is that they are very slow, defenceless against attacks and big targets in the air, they also are not a choice for Pakistan it is just not that effective like the C-130 or other transport systems.

No not UAV but under water UAV, heres what i mean:
http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Tha...or_French_Defence_Procurement_Agency_999.html

Pointless building those they are to easy to build (a) there are better dedicated systems available on the market (b) very cheap stuff unmand mine destroyer (c) and this kind of stuff is used by nearly every good navy.

I dont understand why u wrote if Pakistan is building global hawk which is American and built by American:what: . I believe you mean if Pakistan has the means to build a UCAV which is what the global hawk is. Pakistan is fairly advance in the UAV market and has many cutomers among them middle east and and america these are big ones. However, Pakistan is at least a decade away from achieving any thing similar to the Global Hawk the likely hood of similar project could be smart missiles and bombs before Pakistan has more know how to develop a UCAV. There is still along way to go Pakistan has shown its ability in smart bombs in the past decade and is developing sophisticated weapons. However, UCAV's are really the next generation air force it will require a lot of technical know how especially in the field of micro chip systems possibe the development of a very large semi conducter. Pakistan have advanced Neural network systems developed I have no knowledge if there are any such system is Pakistan however it may well be?

indians have MIG 27, 29 and SU 27 and 30 Mki as compare to PAF only F16 how they counter them all alone are the Mirages and F7 are able to handle all the Indian Inventory

Shhhhhh thats top secret :p

Whats your opinion on Battle harden AirShips or blimp should Pakistan invest such projects in the future ?

Advantages:
Able to ferry Huge cargos
Able use for surveillance for very long time
Use as a platform to launch Aircraft
Much cheaper than sea ships

You were interested on this topic of Airships I believe you should read this report and think about it how it can be a value to an Airforce its a good read. Airships have been a economical system used in previous World war 1 and 2. They arent really the things that modern airforce prefers however if modified to an extent they can offer something, they are like the obsolete flopy disk and flopy drive which most people have stopped using but there a few who use it.

https://defence.pk/forums/showthread.php?t=4609

Last edited by a moderator:
indians have MIG 27, 29 and SU 27 and 30 Mki as compare to PAF only F16 how they counter them all alone are the Mirages and F7 are able to handle all the Indian Inventory

Mig 27 and Su-27 will be phased out of India's inventory. So it will be Mig 29's and SU-30's only. there are a number of aircraft that are available to counter them. (there are numerous threads on this subject.)

JF-17
F-16
J-10

I have a question. Few year back I have seen 2 different pics of Multiple Rocket Launcher Systems on KRL website and as far as I remember, one system was mounted on a APC like vehicle and the name was, I think "YARMUK" while another was a Truck mount system and the name was "GAZAB" or so.
Now those weapons pics on the KRL website are no more available. However we can see the remaining KRL products on IICS website, but the MRLS pics are not there.
Can any one clarify and also post the pics of Pak MRLS ?
Are these Pak MLRS:
View attachment 209

View attachment 210
If yes, what are there names?

This isn't Pakistani MRL this a Russian MRL its the BM-11 and Pakistan has about 40 of these. The First Picture is of a Russian BM-11,

2ab60f9320d5ed0f766d14af9fb6d885.jpg

The second Picture is more Interesting that looks like a Chinnese Type 81 MRL or its just another Russian MRL BM-11

a2b8aeb7def7a742d8ac2c02374b54f1.jpg

c559b7ed4d18ac1fd6e3bfcd3ac999d0.jpg

d447e23b7d72445a56299d93861c8cde.jpg

However, its possible Pakistan reversed engineered them and has started making a export model?
By looking at those pictures that is what I can deduce from them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom