What's new

Military Related Questions

Q: The Saab Eriye's being purchased by Pakistan, how would they fare up against the American E-3 Sentry.

Q: The Saab Eriye's being purchased by Pakistan, how would they fare up against the American E-3 Sentry.

Depends on which model of the E-3 you mean? Bear in mind the 707 is a much bigger platform. Also it is much higher maintenance. Whilst the Erieye is of lower performance it will allow PAK to operate more aircraft for longer periods. At least until the newer Chinese platforms come online....

Depends on which model of the E-3 you mean? Bear in mind the 707 is a much bigger platform. Also it is much higher maintenance. Whilst the Erieye is of lower performance it will allow PAK to operate more aircraft for longer periods. At least until the newer Chinese platforms come online....

Just a guess on you part, how good will the Chinese AWACS will be? Groundbreaking or just on par with Eriye?

Is the Phalcon better than Eriye and if so how good is it against the newst E-3 Sentry?

Just a guess on you part, how good will the Chinese AWACS will be? Groundbreaking or just on par with Eriye?

Is the Phalcon better than Eriye and if so how good is it against the newst E-3 Sentry?

Well I would say the Israeli Phalcon is better than the Erieye from a technical sense. However the thing you have to remember is that the Erieye will much cheaper to maintain and there are a larger number of units (6) which will reduce airframe fatigue as well as downtime. There are also the 3 P-3 based E2c 2000's As to the Chinese AWACS I cannot answer as there is not much data coming out.
From other sources I gleaned that the E-3 was on offer but PAK turned it down as the cost would be prohibitive to run in the long term.

Q: How good is the J-10, avionically? On par with F 16 C-52 or below? And Pakistan is buying F 16 C-52 and D-52. What is the difference?

Are there western radars etc availible on use with Thunder and J-10?:D

Q: How good is the J-10, avionically? On par with F 16 C-52 or below? And Pakistan is buying F 16 C-52 and D-52. What is the difference?

Are there western radars etc availible on use with Thunder and J-10?:D

Lot of questions. On the first one, the jury is out on how good J-10 is in terms of avionics...in my opinion, it has some ways to go before it will be as good as the F-16 in terms of avionics, however if PAF were to go for it and integrated western avionics with it, it would be a pretty credible capability.

C/D is simply a designation for single seat and dual seat. Both C/D are block52 and that is the core version.

Thunder was slated to use a Grifo radar. At this point in time we do not know what PAF will do since the avionics/radar have been de-coupled from the airframe development. PAF's primary requirement for a radar in the JF-17 is that it must be capable of firing active BVR AAMs. Both Chinese and Italian radars allow that, however only after evaluations will PAF know which route to go. I think all of these issues have been discussed to great detail around here and other forums.

Q1 I have been rejected twice by Inter Services Selection Board besides my outstanding educational achievements. Now I have completed my Master. Do I have another chance to apply for commissioning in Pakistan Air Force (PAF)?

Ans: Yes, you have another chance to apply for commissioning in PAF as an SPSSC officer only. You can get further details from nearest Information & Selection centre.

Q2 I have done my A-level from a foreign country. I have a great passion to join Armed Forces. Can I apply for a commission in PAF?

Ans: Yes, you can apply for commission in General Duty Pilot GD(P) and Engineering Branches of the PAF.

Q3 I am 35 years old and working in a company as an accountant. Is there any place for me in Accounts Branch of PAF?

Ans: No, you cannot apply in Accounts Branch of the PAF, because of crossing age limit.

Q4 I am a student of 8th class and want to become a fighter pilot in future. Guide me, how can I plan to fulfil my dreams?

Ans: You may contact your nearest PAF Information & Selection Centre for guidance.

Q5 I have dual nationality. I want to serve in PAF. How can I join PAF and what will be the terms and conditions regarding nationality?

Ans: You may contact your nearest PAF Information & Selection centre. You have to surrender your foreign nationality, after your selection and before joining the PAF.

Q6 What is meant by SPSSC and PC types of commission?

Ans: SPSSC stands for ‘Special Purposes Short Service Commission’ and PC refers to ‘Permanent Commission’. The selection of SPSSC officers is carried out by AHQ Selection Board for an initial period of five years extendable to ten years. The commission may lead to PC if the candidate is found suitable later on. The selection of PC officers is carried out through ISSB.

For more information visit: http://www.paf.gov.pk/

Is Pakistan developing its own Helicopter in the future ?

May be, but nothing is reported to the media so far. Pakistan is developing a unmanned helicopter though.

Is Pakistan looking into VTOL technology and Airship Technology ?

May be, but not known.

Will Pakistan will have its own Aircraft Carrier ?

May be after 20-25 years later.

Are Pakistan developing a Long range Air to Air Missle ?

No, Pakistan will develop AMRAAM (SD-10). There is no need for LRAAM.

Is willbe develping larger Aircraft to rival Boeings 700 series ?

No.

Any Chance to see pakistan to send a man in Space ?

Yes, but may be after 20-25 years.

Pakistan AMRAAM how will that compare to AIM-54 Phoenix used on tomcats
in terms of range and moveability ?

In terms of capability the SD-10 is a very capable BVR, but the AIM-54 is only for the TomCat or the F-14 and therefore, I dont really see any need to challange that the AIM-54 is very old, and the SD-10 is still in development and is reletively new/development but the SD-10 cant be mounted on US fighter jets so there is the minus point, hope that helps.

Is Pakistan developing one man fighter subs ?

You mean one of those mini subs Pakistan has these in their inventory and I believe they do build these I read this I will show you the source if I find that magazine. At the current momment they use Italian mini subs.
Is Pakistan developing Its own Torpedo or have anything in torpedo

Wire guided torpeadoes are a very easy development and yes they are produced in Pakistan, the system the technology that Iran has got is something to do with high speed torpeado it has to with air pockets that are created around the torpeado and this in turn makes velocity a contant and therefore the acceleration just increaces in a continuous and if you graph it would look like a upside down half parabola and than the acceleration will start become constant.

Is Pakistan develop an UAV under water ?

Many many variations of UAV have been developed by Pakistan on its own of them the most famouse TUAV tactical UAV and the heli TUAV Pakistan has also successfuly built mini TUAV, there have been many sales of the Pakistani UAV and the USA has bought the some TUAV for its borders around the area of Mexico.

Does the Jf-17 have high moveabilty beyond mach 1 like f22 and eurofighter ?

No the F22 is I believe something of the price tag of 400 million and the Eurofighter I think it is till in development but both are superior designs compared to the JF-17. However, its the man behind the machine that determines the quality. However, the J-10 are being bought and as reports say that the J-10 as one hell of machine and can well beat the Euro fighter, but in fornt of the F22 it is obsolete.

Is Pakistan's next phase is to develop a Delta wing Jf-17 ?

The Pakistani Airforce first wants to have the JF-17 in its arsenal before it can even go on the design board again. But I doubt there is such a design Pakistan will probably stick to the J-10 and buy these fighter jets then build another JF-17 upgrade.

Will Pakistan get the A-10 tank killer ?

The A-10 I like this plane, I once asked the same question the reply was these are easy prey to the enemy.

Any ideas if pakistan will develop slam technology ?

Dont know.

Will Pakistan develop a gun similar to Gau 30mm avenger used on the A-10

Dont know, question why would Pakistan do that?

Any plans for Pakistan to develop a close support anti-tank jet fighter like the A-10 ?

Well there are variouse anti tank missiles in service in the PAF and then there is the Cobra Gun Ship and that is a Air support for anti tank attack.

Back
Top Bottom