What's new

Military Operation against TTP in N.Waziristan | Updates & Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did PAF also pound American bases when 26 Pakistan Army soldiers were martyred in 2011 by US military?

I guess, cowardice has a limit.

operations don't start like that, i think government will first allow pak army to start operation
Actually no, that's exactly how operations start. The air force goes in first to soften the targets up and cause chaos among the opfor, then the ground forces move in to do the cleanup and hopefully little resistance.

if a threat coming one should handle instead of waiting for peace talk, that's what they did
Shadow warrior? Dude, I LOVE that game! :D

Did PAF also pound American bases when 26 Pakistan Army soldiers were martyred in 2011 by US military?

Are...are you serious?

You do realize that the two situations are different, right? This is a non-state actor, the US is a state.

Dealing with a military power requires diplomacy and nuance, not rash headed gung ho attitude. If PAF attacked US military bases, what do you think would have happened? War. A war Pakistan wouldn't be able to win, even with nukes. Instead of escalating the situation, Pakistan did the right thing and used it's diplomacy and international support to get the US to apologize and suffer humility. If Pakistan retaliated with military force, even if Pakistan was retaliating against aggression, the US would use it's international support against Pakistan.

Because of Pakistan's response, the world sided with it. Pakistan won the war of words and humiliated the US. The US lost a lot of international credibility that day, which it still hasn't recovered.

You call it cowardice, I call it well thought out.

Last edited:
Yeah, keep taking CSF payments from the US and keep destroying your neighbourhoods. Perfect logic.

These TTP are monster criminals but not bigger than our political and military mafias who are the biggest beneficiaries of the $11 billion they got to destroy their own country since 2001. This war has sent Pak back another 10 years not to mention over $80 billion in losses.

I am losing faith in the military establishment which has joined hands with the political/business mafias to sell the country to the highest foreign bidders. The country is on a constant downward evolution, zardari wanted to sell the nukes for $100 billion, I'm sure this dumb Nawaz might try selling it for cheaper through the Saudis.

LOL - Joker. What Pakistan did to US, by choking there nato lines, infact necks and giving a thorough Salala Report version to the world. US was left begging Pakistan, oh did they not say sorry to us?

Rest, Revenge was taken in Afghanistan.

no your ignorance , has no limits
stop living in the past, 60,000 pakistanis were killed by TTp dogs but not by USA?

I was expecting retaliation from PAF after FC jawans were killed.......

My Question is why Mir ali is always bombed through jets whenever security forces are attacked any where?.....if it is hub of taliban and foreign militants, then why not a limited scale surgical ground operation in mir ali instead of bombing them through jets again and again in the presence of congested civilian population........Simply take control of the mir ali city through ground troops.

Pakistan is the only country in the world who is using F-16 and other lethal jets on their own people......In Punjab and sindh FATA is known as "ilaqa-e-ghair", means foreign area.....Not only jets are used on these ghair/forigners people but army has also signed contract with America, giving them permission to carry out drone attacks on these ghair people.......it should have been better if America/NATO was allowed to directly do ground and air operations in FATA after all it is ilaqa e ghair..

Those who disagree with me and are of opinion that air force should be used against such dangerous terrorists then my question is why air force and heavy artillery is not used against that 30% area of karachi which is "controlled" by taliban"?......

If the purpose of using force is to intimidate taliban and local tribal population into submission and peace then thats not gonna happen.....may be there omar khalid khurasani was saying truth in one of his pashto interview that drones and artillery/air strikes helps them, as mothers of the victims give them their sons for their cause.......

where the fck are counter insurgency tactics to win the hearts and minds of local population?.....Pak army should learn thing or two from indian army who despite of taking huge losses didnt use artillary, tanks, gunship helicopters and jets on populations in kashmir.......Army used aman lashkars but kept them ill-equipped due to general distrust towards private militias....as a result those aman lashkars were butchered by taliban....army was not there to protect those malaks and tribal elders from taliban , even through army and political administration convinced them to go against taliban.....It is under FCR law that Political agent can arrest any tribal for not doing duty for specific time in the aman lashkar.....many tribals did the duty in aman lashkar against taliban either voluntarily or by force for specifc time.......but after that they were hunted down by taliban who were themselves were locals and knew each and every person......almost every where army first did operations, when things didnt go as planned they used tribal lashkars (after messing the situation) while they were supposed to use lashkars first with full back of state.....

As a result tribals became "tamashai", heavily armed powerful taliban took over their regions, they had no choice but to assume neutral postion.....then powerful army came to destroy taliban but in the process also destroyed houses, crops and lives of tribals and displaced them.....now Pakistanis are questioning their morality, integrity, patriotism and what not.......

There is so much wrong with this entire statement of yours, I don't even know where to begin.

Give me a day, let me collect my thoughts, and I'll get back to just how wrong you are.

Yeah, keep taking CSF payments from the US and keep destroying your neighbourhoods. Perfect logic.

These TTP are monster criminals but not bigger than our political and military mafias who are the biggest beneficiaries of the $11 billion they got to destroy their own country since 2001. This war has sent Pak back another 10 years not to mention over $80 billion in losses.

I am losing faith in the military establishment which has joined hands with the political/business mafias to sell the country to the highest foreign bidders. The country is on a constant downward evolution, zardari wanted to sell the nukes for $100 billion, I'm sure this dumb Nawaz might try selling it for cheaper through the Saudis.
not our neighbourhoods, but TTp terrorists hubs!

Okay, what do you think is the solution? I'm asking because the talks have clearly failed. What would you suggest that Pakistan does to stop the war? Don't say jobs and education, because that's a cop out answer.

Actually no, that's exactly how operations start. The air force goes in first to soften the targets up and cause chaos among the opfor, then the ground forces move in to do the cleanup and hopefully little resistance.

well i may be right to assume it because

1) government has not indicated in any sort of way that the talks have ended, the im the dim and the mullah jamaatis will cry if operation starts without their approval

2) raheel is known for bombarding the area when he gets to attend the funeral of his officer, rest can all go to hell, the innocivilians etc

3) the operation requires a time for planning strategically, usually when its kicked started the public is known about that

so in my view raheel just did as a retaliation for his dead officer nothing to celebrate about

Come out of the past , propose a solution for the current mess . The coalition since the 80's with U.S. is just another debate , what to do now is the real question .

Okay, what do you think is the solution? I'm asking because the talks have clearly failed. What would you suggest that Pakistan does to stop the war? Don't say jobs and education, because that's a cop out answer.

I think the military really knows the solution. They dont have the will to carry it out because theres no money in it for the corrupt generals/politicians.

not our neighbourhoods, but TTp terrorists hubs!
What about the terrorist hubs in karachi being operated by political militant wings? If bombing is the solution, Why not send F16s and bomb those as well? After all they have killed thousands of civilians, hundreds of police officers army/rangers the last two decades.

But you know why? There are no CSF payments for that.

Pakistan is the only country in the world who is using F-16 and other lethal jets on their own people..

Hope there is minimal collateral damage and no civilian casualty, although it is very difficult to avoid that.

Come out of the past , propose a solution for the current mess . The coalition since the 80's with U.S. is just another debate , what to do now is the real question .
Simple Solution: A center-right strong and genuine democratic government that has the best interests of the people at heart. With a crystal clear vision they would have to take bold political decisions to get Pakistan out of this quagmire. I deeply do believe that Pakistan can get out of this mess politically and diplomatically through bargaining with the US.

But you and I know very well the military generals hate the idea of facing strong politicians, partly due to incompetence but also for their own vested interests (to build mansions in dubai and be on TIMEs most influential list). Otherwise, Why would they sell last elections to the US and Saudi backed Sharif?

It is just another dagger in the back pakistani nation. Another five years wasted.

We all knew this will happen after what TTP did with 23 FC soldiers they were begging for it. Can be tactics to press TTP to give up fight or more to follow.

I just pray and no civilian causalities else there are not many option left

The Centcom commander was quoted by the defence ministry as having told the defence secretary that “continued support in training, education and Coalition Support Fund (CSF) will act as tools necessary to keep relations on solid footing”.

So now the funds will be released too.

Good going.

How much more money the generals have to make? I think Pakistan must support America in war against China too (on top of WOT). Allah has given the orders to the Saudis and the Pakistani generals to motivate people for Jihad.

America O Akbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom