What's new

Military Operation against TTP in N.Waziristan | Updates & Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Waziristan: Firing on car kills 7 Taliban
212725_59017192.jpg

According to security sources, the vehicle was targeted by unidentified persons.

NORTH WAZIRISTAN (Dunya News) – At least seven Taliban members have been killed while another four injured after their vehicle came under firing attack by unidentified persons here on Wednesday.
The incident took place at a distance of fifteen kilometer from North Waziristan headquarter Miranshah. According to reports, unidentified persons targeted a vehicle near security check post at central highway. Seven persons perished on the spot who were identified as Taliban, security sources revealed.
According to sources, those killed were local Taliban and the injured have been taken to Miranshah hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation; however no arrest was made.

(Source)
Also Just on Dunya News: (20Feb, 3AM)

9NXHJW.jpg

QwmFfZ.jpg

YbhjoK.jpg

Last edited:
Please see below. This explains why Pakistan will never see peace in coming days. These people live in Pakistan, eat in Pakistan, get themselves educated in Pakistan, make money in Pakistan, start their families in Pakistan, raise their children in Pakistan but sing Afghanistan. They don't believe in any laws and regulations, and why should they, when hey don't believe in the geography of Pakistan. They think it is all theirs, they can come and go, do whatever, nobody can or should stop them because they don't recognize the Durand's lines.

You my friend say there is no legal issue here? Can you see the problem now? I wrote all that because I knew someone will take the bait, get exposed in retaliation, and the readers will know what is the root cause of restlessness in Pakistan. See how these Afghans are robbing us from our way of life, our prosperity, our peace, and from the future of our children.

The wonderful post below (or confession if you will) gives a lot of food for thought for patriotic Pakistanis.
Technically speaking, he's stating facts, even if his tone is...questionable.

Having said that, I didn't say that there was no legal issue, the legal issue is that the Afghans think that half of Pakistan belongs to them, and they continuously violate Pakistani borders, but as far as international law and the international community is concerned, the Durand line is the border and it is up to Pakistan and Afghanistan to enforce it.

You haven't really brought up any real arguments, only your own opinion and trying to generalize another person's opinion as if they represent a majority.

North Waziristan: Firing on car kills 7 Taliban
212725_59017192.jpg

According to security sources, the vehicle was targeted by unidentified persons.

NORTH WAZIRISTAN (Dunya News) – At least seven Taliban members have been killed while another four injured after their vehicle came under firing attack by unidentified persons here on Wednesday.
The incident took place at a distance of fifteen kilometer from North Waziristan headquarter Miranshah. According to reports, unidentified persons targeted a vehicle near security check post at central highway. Seven persons perished on the spot who were identified as Taliban, security sources revealed.
According to sources, those killed were local Taliban and the injured have been taken to Miranshah hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation; however no arrest was made.

(Source)

Whoever did this, have done good job.

Whoever did this, have done good job.
Either a rival militant group, or a local pro-gov militia. Either way, there are going to be no arrests in this case, for obvious reasons.

Good decision........ finally.......... 3 decades overdue, in fact!

GEO is reporting that PAF is doing air strikes close to meer Ali area

You haven't really brought up any real arguments, only your own opinion and trying to generalize another person's opinion as if they represent a majority.
Either you are not aware of the ground realities or something is preventing you from admitting it. Ninety nine percent (even more if you get to talk to them) Afghans are of the same opinion, and they don't believe in Pakistan's sovereignty. You don't believe me, go and ask them, in fact what else is remained to be said when the Afghan government itself doesn't recognize the Afghan/Pakistan border. You my friend are saying that I am generalizing the opinion of one? Will you ever agree with your next door neighbor if he declares your house as his, and violate your privacy at will? These Afghans have destroyed the very social fabric of this country. How much peaceful and prospering this country was before they entered in 1979. I don't know how old you are, perhaps you have not seen the time before them, but I have seen. Sorry to say, it is this apologist behavior of Pakistanis which has made these invaders so bold. Our elders have ignored this problem for 65 years, unfortunately, our younger are also walking on their footsteps and find it convenient to sweep it under the carpet of ignorance.

I was not expecting a TT-Analyst to take such an issue so lightly, and brush it off with the statement quoted above. We curse our politicians for their inability to identify the problems and address them. Why we do that? They come from us, and our behavior in just about every matter is 'matti pao'.

Pak warplanes pound militant hideouts in NWA
waziristan-attackf16_2-20-2014_138447_l.jpg

PESHAWAR: Though the fate of talks between the Nawaz-government and the Taliban has yet to be decided, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) warplanes pounded militant hideouts in North Waziristan, ,reportedly killing many local and foreign militants, security sources told Geo News.

According to the sources, the aircraft bombarded suspected militant hideouts in Mir Ali area of North Waziristan as part of surgical strikes which they said should not be taken as military operation.

They said that the strikes were carried out after the military leaders took the civilian government into confidence citing potential threats to the people of Pakistan from terrorists holed up in their safe heavens in the country’s tribal belt.

The sources said that the attacks were aimed at protecting people of Pakistan as the militants were making plans to carry out terrorist attacks.

They added that if the government decided to launch an operation, the PAF warplanes will attack the militants in the first phase and other steps would be taken shortly after the weather conditions improve in the mountainous region.

The sources told Geo News that the recent attacks were carried out on the basis of credible intelligence information and there was no fear of collateral damage.

Pak warplanes pound militant hideouts in NWA | PAKISTAN - geo.tv

This either the official start of the offensive, or another "warning" to the Taliban to accept the ceasefire.

This either the official start of the offensive, or another "warning" to the Taliban to accept the ceasefire.

when some army guy dies, raheel is using such tactics, i hope it begins operation, i doubt so though

when some army guy dies, raheel is using such tactics, i hope it begins operation, i doubt so though

It's probably a warning to the Taliban to accept the ceasefire, or a warning to the government that the military is running out of patience.

"The sources told Geo News that the recent attacks were carried out on the basis of credible intelligence information and there was no fear of collateral damage."

Could this credible intel come from the US? I wonder....

Recent reports suggest that the US is looking for PA to rescue it's missing marine, and have shared intel on potential targets in NW. The reports also said that the US would (for once) actually station troops on the Afghan side of the border to catch or kill fleeing militants.

US seeks Pakistan's help in tracing captive soldier - DAWN.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom