What's new

Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan: officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
"War??? What ******* war??? You call an illegal invasion and massive destruction a war? Murdering millions of unarmed civilians around the world and displacing tens of millions more is war???? This world may just have been a better place under Hitler or the USSR you arrogant pricks!"

Wipe your chin. You're drooling, you rabid beast.

Have a nice day and don't kill yourself crossing a street.:agree:

Lets say; it was an another 'technical failure' that brough the poor drone down.

*shrugs*

i am feeling sory for those, who forget that some years before , how sommalians took a RPG shot on a "BLACK HAWK" which made it down on the land.
if a bird like "BLACK HAWK" can be brought down , by just a RPG shot, why cant a drone ,can be brought down on FATA land, what if its flying low.:lol:

i am sure,that these kind of attacks on us drones, will going to increse day by day, in the comming future. i can give money back gurrantee:agree::lol::tup:;)

Somebody is pleased that a drone was possibly shot down! How exciting and now the path is clear to a PREDATOR-free sky over Pakistan.

"i am sure,that these kind of attacks on us drones, will going to increse day by day, in the comming future. i can give money back gurrantee [sic]":agree::lol::tup:;)

Really? Care to hold your breath?

"...i am quite sure we will never get to know the truth"

Does anybody get to know the "truth" from FATA anyway?

If shot down, it'll be replaced. Big deal. I wonder what would happen had there been an American pilot on board. More or less celebration here. What if it was flying with PAF markings? Many of you want control of these missions.

Would that please you? This is much ado about nothing save the reactions expressed here. If you're happy, then you're on the wrong side of this war.

PREDATOR attacks the enemies of your nation where you can't or won't go...and kills them. PREDATOR is a natural reaction to the use of your lands by these enemies to make war on Afghanistan. PREDATOR HITS it's targets with stunning accuracy and boring regularity. It is reliable and does not level entire cities unlike your forces at Loe Sam. IT IS NOT THE CAUSE OF 800,000SWAT AND BAJAUR REFUGEES.

If true and you're happy-congratulations. You've killed one pilotless drone and again proved the final value of such aircraft. Needless to say we won't be holding our breaths awaiting the next. It's not often. Certainly less often than the strikes which will be delivered by PREDATOR and REAPER.

If true, nice shot. Go for double or nothing? If you hit it, I'll give you the nice soft bunny for your girlfriend. You know?...the one that's right here-:bunny::usflag:

Happy hunting!
Pakistani people have not given the mandate to allow foreign military to attack inside Pakistan, no matter what. The remote control has to be in the hands of Pakistanis and we should be responsible.

Please make the distinction between protecting sovereignty and allegiance with the Taliban. The Pakistani mandate is more like "Fight any foreign military's attacks and even the internal militants if you have to". Of course I totally buy the behind the scenes there is a deal between our two governments stories and mostly blame my own government for this.

People are not celebrating the US's failure, they are celebrating the failure of yet another proponent of violence in Pakistan.

If the same attacks were being carried out by the Pakistan military with our government taking full responsibility, I would be okay with it. Because I know when someone screws up, I can catch so and so's neck. When you guys screw up, I can't even vote your President out.

On another note, this is a dangerous sign that Taliban have better SAMs? Or is the Predator drone within the range of the Stinger class missiles?

”Oh Kasrkin, don't be a silly fool. I grew up watching the NVA use Cambodia as sanctuary. I watch daily the Turkish border with Iraq and understand fully the PKK's actions. We understand what happened in late 2001 and early 2002. We know your citizens long for strategic depth to be provided by their afghan pashtu cousins…”

LOL, so you’ve been involved at some level in Turkey’s and Cambodia’s infiltration wars (I’m pretending I believe you right now) but that doesn’t prove or validate your delusional ravings about Pakistan’s alleged duplicity in this affair; Pakistan’s a complex country you are incapable of understanding, or even exploring, in anyway other than what you might see on a computer screen or a newspaper article. Yours is only predictable paranoia related to you by dubiously partial sources, and your own blatant bias, distrust and contempt does the rest. That’s not to say that any factual evaluation you are capable of presenting here ever stood up to your own standards of verification or credibility that you wave around when it suits your denials in front of our junior members.

You have nothing; just blind conviction in a myth borne of your tendency to belittle and hold others responsible for your own failures. So many observers have acknowledged, including US servicemen and politicians, that US operational failures and inadequacies during the initial days of the Afghan war was the primary factor behind AQ/Taliban’s successful evasion and subsequent slipping away into our unguarded, unmanned and remote borders… as was the complete lack of cooperation or coordination initiated from your side during the conduct of these operations i.e. Anaconda.

Instead you rather believe it was Pakistan that somehow invited foreign militants in the most dangerously volatile region of our country, and then you wonder why we think your views are not credible and unfair. I could go on about operational details, other particulars that would indicate the correct prospective on Pakistan’s efforts in the WoT, but what’s the point when it’s you on the other end…:tsk:

But everyone knows that Pakistan has been struggling for the better part of a century. The PA is more than capable of adapting to altered situations and realities, forging new allegiances and disregarding old ones. When the American ally failed to live up to our expectations in 65, we didn’t hesitate turning to communist China. When the USSR threatened our western borders particularly the barren mountains of Baluchistan directly or through instigation of the local medieval-ly violent tribes, we turned to the US again provided we were satisfied by the exchange. We, like everyone else, have our national interest we don’t need to excuse ourselves in front of you. What also is beyond doubt is the fact that we can adopt and have adopted in the past for Pakistan’s survival and prosperity. Your insight into Pakistan’s institutions is primitive. Your taking a couple of Qsaark’s words for your own meanings does not mean you know what the PA is thinking or plans. Your arguments are pathetic and don’t even make good sport anymore. American leaders (along with other countries) have said constantly and explicitly that Pakistan is part of the solution, not the problem which is in complete contrast to your words. It’s you who’s left dangling in the wind here. But I would suggest that you might take your stereotypes to Indian forums, where they would no doubt be more appreciated.:agree:

”I haven't even mentioned Hekmatyar and Haqqani, the ISI's personal attack dogs…”

No more than they were for the US, in their time. They may have helped Pakistan at a time, but is that still the case? What, no credible proof on this from your end what so ever? I’m shocked.

”Occupy ground with PREDATOR? You're correct. We can't occupy ground in FATA with PREDATOR. So?”

So your rants have been effectively snubbed. Good day.

"Pakistani people have not given the mandate to allow foreign military to attack inside Pakistan, no matter what."

Asim, your memory is either selective or forgetful. Of course they have. In fact you've a foreign military that was INVITED onto your lands by your people-

"The Pakistani mandate is more like 'Fight any foreign military's attacks and even the internal militants if you have to'."

Oh were it only so then we wouldn't be dealing with this mess now-to include PREDATOR. Asim, I'm sorry but you have to understand that you've done no favors by allowing the afghan taliban safe retreat into your nation. I know how deeply you wish to regain strategic depth there through your afghan pashtu taliban minions but there are forty one nations that are trying to actually accomplish something there beside use them as a personal playground.

You should stop this behavior and demand that your army reclaim the lost lands which now encompass the Islamic Republic of Pashtunistan before it's too late.

"they are celebrating the failure of yet another proponent of violence in Pakistan."

Well they'll have many more chances then. Until your army decides to reclaim what is marked on a map as yours again, PREDATOR and REAPER will do what they must.

Advise your people to fight these men or run to the hills when seen. They are targets anywhere in FATA and harboring them in your homes will make you targets too-as well you should be.

kasrkin, let me make it simple for you.

Your nation is rapidly failing through nobody's fault but yours.

Truly.

It is your fault that you may not exist in five years time and, if so, it will be an existence for the vast majority in squalor and violence.

I'm very sorry for you but the sum total of the decisions you've reached at various stages of your history have led you to the here and now. You are welcome to continue presuming that all is to blame elsewhere when that won't alter one iota the damage you reap upon yourselves daily.

It's now reached critical mass and I'd encourage you to explore some new perspectives on problems you've proved patently incapable of resolving. If matters continue, we may reach a state where we'd have to view you as something other than a friend.

That would be very bad for us.

Very bad.

"but the US might not exist by next year according to a Russian academic:blah:"

Uh huh. I saw that. Some are more easily impressed than others here. So too in the article had you read far enough.

I like our chances of lasting one year far better than your chances of lasting five.

Let the cards fall where they may just so you leave God out of it. It's all on you to save yourselves.

We won't give you the PREDATOR/REAPER technology. We are certain it would be shared with those whom we'd rather not know. You don't really need it anyway. You have tremendous influence in target selection now. Further, there's a very good chance that it would be used against our interests or in manners for which it wasn't intended-or not used at all.

We're fine and very trained up on it. The collateral damage issue is a cause celebre that has nothing to do about these people's lives. Were they so important, Pakistanis wouldn't have permitted their nation to leave them living their lives in uneducated squalor all these years.

Further, we know that were this central to your military's thinking, then you'd found a less obtrusive way to open the Loe Sam/Bajaur nutcracker. You leveled a city, fired a bunch of artillery and dropped a ton of ordnance...and chased the bad guys to the hills.

In the interim, you DEVASTATED the countryside and condemned over 500,000 of your citizens to a winter in refugee camps because you took five months to do what was supposed to take one...and had no plan to re-construct following on. And we have NO IDEA how many innocents you killed in the process.

You guys really don't get it when you wax obsessively about PREDATOR.

Secondly, PREDATOR is accurate. You don't wish to be within 150 ft. Any innocent victims here are likely the wives and children of men who CHOOSE to harbor the enemy. That's a real possibility that shouldn't mitigate one bit the use of these weapons.

"Pakistani people have not given the mandate to allow foreign military to attack inside Pakistan, no matter what."

Asim, your memory is either selective or forgetful. Of course they have. In fact you've a foreign military that was INVITED onto your lands by your people-

You have either ignored what I said or misunderstood it.

The Pakistani mandate, is different from what tribal people want or even the government does. Conduct a free and fair election in Pakistan NOW and you'll get very different results. The majority would vote for parties that are not easy on the militants nor are they subjugated by America.

Whatever has happened with Afghanistan is in the past. You guys had the most fun on that playground as History itself is a witness. Today's reality is a lot more different. In 1996 Pakistan conducted a World Cup Cricket Final and the same Sri Lankan team won that match in the same stadium where they were attacked today.

The Pakistani mandate has changed. The situations have changed. We are forced to defend attacks from the Americans as well as the Taliban. Its like an unholy common ground between Taliban and America; wreak havoc in Pakistan; Subjugate Pakistan.

Oh were it only so then we wouldn't be dealing with this mess now-to include PREDATOR. Asim, I'm sorry but you have to understand that you've done no favors by allowing the afghan taliban safe retreat into your nation. I know how deeply you wish to regain strategic depth there through your afghan pashtu taliban minions but there are forty one nations that are trying to actually accomplish something there beside use them as a personal playground.

We're more concerned with what ONE nation is trying to do in Afghanistan. India. Our meddling in Afghani affairs will not stop till the Indians are forced to quit their anti-Pakistan efforts in Afghanistan. It's an impossible thing to expect out of any Pakistani.

You should stop this behavior and demand that your army reclaim the lost lands which now encompass the Islamic Republic of Pashtunistan before it's too late.

Yes reclaim they should. But not to hand it over to you guys. Every Pakistani is dead convinced that the drone attacks are a prelude to America putting boots on Pakistani soil, which it would ultimately use to forcibly station troops which can be used to counter Chinese activities in the region. I don't think there is more than speculation behind this, but American doesn't do anything to make its intentions clear.

America hasn't made clear its "grand designs" with us. Theories are abound. Meanwhile Americans are busy making maps of a handicaped Pakistan. In their view, this cut down version of Pakistan is JUSTICE. This is how things ought to be.

Its really unclear if America is with us, with the militants, with the Indians or just against us.

"they are celebrating the failure of yet another proponent of violence in Pakistan."

Well they'll have many more chances then. Until your army decides to reclaim what is marked on a map as yours again, PREDATOR and REAPER will do what they must.
It's only till we allow it. Times are changing, free-minded and moderate Parties are gaining ground in Pakistan. Patriotism calls for defending Pakistan against all foreign threats. As I said we're more than willing to defend on both fronts if we had to.

The new Pakistani mandate is just that.

Advise your people to fight these men or run to the hills when seen. They are targets anywhere in FATA and harboring them in your homes will make you targets too-as well you should be.
Why? We have the police, we have the army. You can tell us where to go and make the hit, we'll send our boys and do the job. Of course you don't trust us to do so. So as I said, we'll just have to ultimately take care of both of you guys - Taliban and the Drones.

"The majority would vote for parties that are not easy on the militants nor are they subjugated by America."

Well if this is your way of saying you really regret allowing the defeated taliban army free run of FATA in 2001 and 2002, then why don't you just show a small token of your genuine remorse and arrest Omar down in Quetta. As to this-

"We are forced to defend attacks from the Americans as well as the Taliban. Its like an unholy common ground between Taliban and America; wreak havoc in Pakistan; Subjugate Pakistan."

See? No genuine remorse. None. You refuse to acknowledge the carnage upon the afghan people that's been reaped from these men living upon your lands these the last seven years. If you did, then you'd hardly accuse of "attacks". Against whom? Friends of yours?

There's no unholy ground and that's a bit disgusting. Further, there's no desire to wreck havoc or subjugate Pakistan. We're we to do so you'd certainly know and it wouldn't include aid packages, IMF loans, and military trainers.

We attack our enemies and yours with PREDATOR in an area which you can't or won't go into with your forces. We must as they attack Afghanistan from there incessantly and you won't rid the Afghanis and NATO of this plague. You might not even wish to do so.

That's most worrisome of all.:agree:

"War??? What ******* war??? You call an illegal invasion and massive destruction a war? Murdering millions of unarmed civilians around the world and displacing tens of millions more is war???? This world may just have been a better place under Hitler or the USSR you arrogant pricks!"

Wipe your chin. You're drooling, you rabid beast.

Have a nice day and don't kill yourself crossing a street.:agree:

That's all you got when you lose an argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom