What's new

Militants shoot down US drone in S. Waziristan: officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
that drone must have come under serious fire, i dont think ak's or rpg's bought it down, i think it must be one of the left out stinger missiles that talibs must be havin with them or they might be having anti aircraft gun on the back of their pick up trucks.:what:

if stingers or anti aircaft guns were used then this shuld raise alarms for PAK army becoz we are using a lot of heli's in this region.:tsk:

"...probably in light of all your ‘Pakistan is instigating the Taliban against us’ paranoia."

Oh Kasrkin, don't be a silly fool. I grew up watching the NVA use Cambodia as sanctuary. I watch daily the Turkish border with Iraq and understand fully the PKK's actions. We understand what happened in late 2001 and early 2002. We know your citizens long for strategic depth to be provided by their afghan pashtu cousins.

It's pleaded for here on this thread. Read-

"If US or NATO is in illusion that Russia, China, Iran, and Pakistan (yes even Pakistan) will allow Afghanistan to go into their hands, they are living in the paradise of insanes..."

See? Qsaark believes in state-sponsored aggression from your lands even as you demand more equipment and aid with which to "fight" these men. He calls them "freedom fighters" that reside on your land. He's not unusual on this board nor, I suspect, within your nation generally-to include key elements of your government.

I haven't even mentioned Hekmatyar and Haqqani, the ISI's personal attack dogs.

I'm sure that old habits die hard in some offices of Islamabad...

Paranoid? Hardly and you're an apologist for not recognizing the hard truths here. Occupy ground with PREDATOR? You're correct. We can't occupy ground in FATA with PREDATOR. So?

What's your excuse? No NVGs and body armor?

No. Sooner or later we'll understand that Qsaark is correct for any number of reasons-mostly that all this runs against the grain of an army that believes it can STILL control the militants to their own ends and chooses to leave your government dangling in the wind.

Can you guess what follows that? The only question is whether the taliban may win the race first.

QSAARK only believes that in the fight between the oppressor and the oppressed, the oppressed always win, it may take them 5 years, 10 years, 50 years may be more than that. It has always happened like this, and it will always happen like this. QSAARK does not believe in state-sponsored aggression, this is something in which S-2 and others like him believe. It is really funny that aggressors are claiming to be the victims. But well, it has always been like this, aggressors have always tried to justify their aggression, and always through presenting themselves as the victims. The oppressors always forget that the ultimate victim of the oppression is the oppressors themselves. The fall of the Greeks, the Romans, the Ottomans, and the British, all indicate to that, and the US/NATO will be no exception.

Last edited:
Wow, really? I'm gonna annoy my father again to get satellite TV so we can watch Pakistani channels once again aswell, it's costly but it's worth it!
I hope someone has more information on this.

Jihad, rather than annoying your father and costing him money in this time of economic trauma, why not just watch the relevant clips on PDF or YouTube? I'm sure the important clips will be posted soon enough. Is you father already annoyed that you are spending too much time on this Forum instead of your studies???? Why push your luck.......

Will U.S take such a strike as a serious issue on its sovreignty or let it pass because on one hand it seems that they have bitten off way more than they could possibly chew and on the other they plan troop movement into Pakistan with further strikes from drones, will America fight to complete bankrupcy or will it simply pull out and lose its true identity as a super power. Barack Obama I think needs to decide where he stands on this Americans first or their pride first the implications the war has had on Americans on the whole, they have been subject to the damage their enemies are facing from their attacks in their own homeland due to poverty lack of employment drugs and various other issues. For a country of America's size they are begining to crumble on the Financial ladder they once stood on they have made a lot of deals in a lot of parts of the world but I think that they should start rebuilding America its culture and its values before its forces start to question what is the real reason why they are fighting in the first place.

Qsaark writes with offal on his fingers.

"QSAARK only believes that in the fight between the oppressor and the oppressed, the oppressed always win, it may take them 5 years, 10 years, 50 years may be more than that."

Comforting to know then that you affirm the mission of ISAF and the U.N.'s mandate to stabilize Afghanistan, finally, after the years of duplicitous intrigue by which your government has subjected this nation.

I'm certain that you can see that this barely-medieval nation deserves, finally, it's day in the sun and that forty-one other nations agree with this objective. I know that you renounce Pakistan's desire to see an exclusively Pashtu government answering to Islamabad's whims as you once did with the taliban regime. I'm certain that you deeply regret now harboring these men who have thought of nothing else but to wrest Afghanistan back into their clutching, ignorant, brainless ignomy and fervantly rue their perverted vision of Islam.

Otherwise the tripe you've written are the words of the enemy and deserving of disdain. It's all that can be done here. As usual, you'd poison the Afghanis to see your cheap ends and only display the depths to which your personal esteem has now fallen for us to see at this board.

No. You're a delusional fool whose fundamental hatred of America is so profound that you'd happily stand in the way of any future Afghani progress to see us "defeated". Sadly, we can leave as an option to bare the afghanis and yourselves to the abyss that shall follow.

May God have mercy on your souls if so:tsk:.

Last edited:
S-2 Pakistan has no desire to see an exclusively Pashtoon government ("Pashtu government" makes no sense) in Afghanistan. What Pakistan has desired is to have atleast the Pashtoon areas of Afghanistan be stabilized and the borders be open and free with Pakistan's Pashtoon areas. The Durand Line runs right through the middle of many tribes' lands and it is inconvenient and impractical to stop the flow of people both ways.

Stepping back to the bigger picture, yes the oppressed will defeat the oppressors. The oppressed Pakistanis will defeat the imperialist US and Western meddling, they will defeat their corrupt and oppressive rulers, politicians, generals and the corrupt elements of the ISI. We will also defeat those who spread terrorism, for whatever, and we will defeat those who supplies them, where ever it comes from - elements of CIA, RAW, ISI, Taliban, Al Qaeda, etc. Our Afghani brothers and sisters will defeat their invaders and oppressors too, like they have in the past, they will defeat those who try to control them and take advantage of them - whether it is the US, NATO, elements of the ISI, China, or whatever, and we will help them, God willing.

With your Western thinking you try to label and compartmentalize us, calling Afghanistan a "barely-medieval nation", you divide us into different nations and countries. Classic divide and conquer. Admittedly, Muslims are divided and we have been conquered. And, hence we are oppressed. But like I said, the oppressed win and defeat the oppressors. But Afghanistan and Pakistan are part of one nation. We're all one nation, and we're all in this together. All Muslims everywhere are fighting oppression and corruption together whether its from within or without, and we will emerge victorious. Neither Pakistan nor the US nor the Taliban etc are the champion of liberty, freedom, justice, etc in the world. Only Islam is.

No. You're a delusional fool whose fundamental hatred of America is so profound that you'd happily stand in the way of any future Afghani progress to see us "defeated".
Many forum members praying for a US defeat in Afghanistan are leading comfortable lives right here among us in the USA, perfectly law-abiding tax-paying citizens I'm sure.

It would not take much effort on their part to do some research on this complex issue before spewing their rhetoric online. All they need to do is walk into a Borders or Barnes & Noble bookstore or even their local library and read Coll or any of the other international or Pakistani authors, there is a lot of good literature out there in every store/library.
However, I wouldn't bet on these guys doing any prior research. They seem to have imbibed expert knowledge via divine intervention. And of course they will brandish the First Amendment if someone objects to their rhetoric. :rolleyes:

Many forum members praying for a US defeat in Afghanistan are leading comfortable lives right here among us in the USA, perfectly law-abiding tax-paying citizens I'm sure.

It would not take much effort on their part to do some research on this complex issue before spewing their rhetoric online. All they need to do is walk into a Borders or Barnes & Noble bookstore or even their local library and read Coll or any of the other international or Pakistani authors, there is a lot of good literature out there in every store/library.
However, I wouldn't bet on these guys doing any prior research. They seem to have imbibed expert knowledge via divine intervention. And of course they will brandish the First Amendment if someone objects to their rhetoric. :rolleyes:

I live in the US, and I harshly criticize the US foreign policies towards the Muslim world and in particular towards the Middle East/Iraq and Afghanistan/Pakistan. But I don't do this out of a hatred of America. I am just as harshly critical, if not more so, of what the Pakistani establishment does. Does it make me anti-Pakistan? Absolutely not. I support the ideals that America was founded on. I support the ideals that Pakistan was founded on. I offer my criticisms as a constructive way forward to bring peace, justice, and prosperity in a way that everyone benefits. :pakistan: :usflag:

The Americans albeit the CIA uses two types of drones for the missions in Wana.

The CIA has eyes on the ground (forward observers) that generally operate mini-UAV's for short distance (up to 20kms) monitoring. If the information from the mini-UAV shows HVT (High Value Target) the big bird UCAV (i.e Reaper is called in from its holding pattern near the Pak-Afghan Border). Being privy to the technology that the Taliban possess, it is highly unlikely that they could have shot down a Reaper UAV. However, it may be very likely that they could have shot down (by AK-47 or by using the antiquated ack-ack) a forewarning mini-UAV which is generally hand launched by the CIA forward observers.

Something like the following;

Aeronautics - sys

Last edited:
"...i am quite sure we will never get to know the truth"

Does anybody get to know the "truth" from FATA anyway?

Does anybody get to know the truth from anywhere where US interferes? Your media, your information and then your lies become the truth!

If shot down, it'll be replaced. Big deal. I wonder what would happen had there been an American pilot on board. More or less celebration here. What if it was flying with PAF markings? Many of you want control of these missions.

It will be replaced without a second thought because these UAV's are not being shot down by PA or PAF, had that been the case I would have loved to see how many you would have replaced be it piloted or pilot less!

We want control of these missions to minimize collateral damage that is acceptable to you and to destroy non state elements that are being trained by RAW and probably even MOSSAD under your very own nose in Afghanistan to carry out missions in Pakistan. Maybe they even serve some of your interests directly or indirectly and your government does not give a **** so piss off mate!

Would that please you? This is much ado about nothing save the reactions expressed here. If you're happy, then you're on the wrong side of this war.

War??? What ******* war??? You call an illegal invasion and massive destruction a war? Murdering millions of unarmed civilians around the world and displacing tens of millions more is war???? This world may just have been a better place under Hitler or the USSR you arrogant pricks!

PREDATOR attacks the enemies of your nation where you can't or won't go...and kills them. PREDATOR is a natural reaction to the use of your lands by these enemies to make war on Afghanistan. PREDATOR HITS it's targets with stunning accuracy and boring regularity. It is reliable and does not level entire cities unlike your forces at Loe Sam. IT IS NOT THE CAUSE OF 800,000SWAT AND BAJAUR REFUGEES.

Why weren't they our enemies before you illegally attacked and occupied a country already destroyed by multiple years of war? Your agencies create them, train them, arm them and then send them here to carry out terrorist activities to try and justify your inhumane and illegal existence outside of your international boundaries. If your agencies are not directly involved then they turn a blind eye to RAW who is training, arming and supplying behtullah mehsud and Maulana Fazlullah to fight PA and to carry out terrorist activities across Pakistan.

You arrogantly claim how your predator hits with stunning accuracy because of your disregard to humans and to humanity. You have no emotions for the thousands of mostly elderly, women and children that are martyred in those cowardly attacks. If your nation was that courageous mate you would have taken on Iran and North Korea instead of invading already depleted and war torn nations. You are just a bunch of cowards that will face resistance from Iran, North Korea, China, Russia and a lot of other upcoming countries. Your future is not as rosy as your past was. You will not stay the sole super power in the coming decades and that will be for the better of this world!

If true and you're happy-congratulations. You've killed one pilotless drone and again proved the final value of such aircraft. Needless to say we won't be holding our breaths awaiting the next. It's not often. Certainly less often than the strikes which will be delivered by PREDATOR and REAPER.

Only because 'we' are not shooting down your drones, but the day this country gets a government that is sincere to its masses and not imposed on us by the west you will see matching hostility in our skies. Your own existence close to our border to threaten or attack us will be highly threatened. So far you enjoy no retaliation because there is no policy to repulse your attacks.

If true, nice shot. Go for double or nothing? If you hit it, I'll give you the nice soft bunny for your girlfriend. You know?...the one that's right here-:bunny::usflag:

Happy hunting!

Just so you knew the chances of shooting down these drones with assault weapons are probably a million to one. The drone that went down probably went down because of technical issues unless it was flying low enough to be visible and be shot down.

Afghanistan isn't "barely medieval". It has the potential to be a great nation like it once was.

All it will take is to not have any superpowers playing Great Games in the region.

Afghanistan before the Soviets invaded was more progressive than some Western nations.

Afghanistan and Iraq are under US/NATO occupation. The inhabitants of these countries have all the moral and legal rights to defend themselves and drive the occupation forces out of their country by any means. I'll always support their right to defend themselves against any occupation forces.

"Afghanistan isn't "barely medieval". It has the potential to be a great nation like it once was."

Quite the spin, Mr. think-tanky. I see that it's left you dizzy...again.

"barely medieval" might be a compliment. It could be closer to the "stone age". Your shining beacon of progressiveness was the core cause of the countryside's rebellion in the late summer of 1978.

As to it's potential, it won't achieve remotely such with your mentorship. There are 41 nations that are spending real money and sacrificing real blood to do something that's never crossed your minds-helping afghans of all ethnicities to build a real nation.

There's no argument here. You're either supporting the efforts of these nations to assist Afghanistan or you are an enemy in this war. You may complain all you wish about the mismanagement of effort but you can't shed one word against the mission's intent without revealing your true ambitions.

So you dissemble.

Pakistan can't and won't help Afghanistan. You can't even help yourselves.

Leave them, and us, alone. Until then, PREDATOR and REAPER will do everything they can to make life a living hell for those men and their supporters in the Islamic Republic of Pashtunistan.

I don't support Talibans but Steve you have to accept they have broken backs of USARMY.All i read about Afghanistan is 2 soldiers died today, 3 tomorrow etc..It does not matter how many afghanis are killed because we all know Americas are trigger happy and wont mind killing thousands of innocent people.It's America second Vietnam and this is not just my opinion.Several authors have said that America is not winning war in Afghaninstan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom