What's new

Mig 29 bought for BAF?

Mayanmar recently bought Mig-29 I think...BD should go for upgraded version of Mig-29 too because it'll help them retain the edge in the field of A2A and also there'll be fleet commonalty..

You don't have to worroy our Bangladeshi Brothers and Sisters . India WILL NOT violate your integrity in your borders and we are more than enough for Myanmar . One call and and all talks of war goes down the drain . That's the kind of Influence we have in Myanmar :)

F-7 or MiG-21 looks ugly :sick:

Me? I have fetish over these:
AIR_F-22A_F-15E_Alaska_lg.jpg

Yeah I know, my wet dream :P

You don't have to worroy our Bangladeshi Brothers and Sisters . India WILL NOT violate your integrity in your borders and we are more than enough for Myanmar . One call and and all talks of war goes down the drain . That's the kind of Influence we have in Myanmar :)

Yaaar mujhe bhi 'bhai' keh do ! :cry:

Yaaar mujhe bhi 'bhai' keh do ! :cry:
BHAI tu kahan tha.....aaj mila...kal raat ke baad....aage likha to infraction mil jayega....

@topic
they should have atleast one squadron..more than sufficient.

If one 5th-gen fighter can put a lock on and shoot down multiple 4th-gen fighters in one go from a longer distance before 4th-gen radar can put a lock on a 5th-gen, then I think it is worth the money to buy the more expensive 5th-gen fighters, because even a few of these can tackle a whole bunch of 4th-gen fighters, as there is no match between these two. If we have some real pilots here, please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Essentially what I am saying is that, in a real world situation, if we do not have the most advanced fighter, we may not be able to even fight for air superiority. And our air force should target to beat only Burma, since India is out of our league for the time being.
Exactly, you know in the dog fight between F22 and F15, the result was 122:0.
i will say even 3-10 fifth generation fighter can be nightmare for the opponent.
Again see Da Fcuk result F22 V f15. 122 :0.
F22 ate f15 like a sandwitch.

BHAI tu kahan tha.....aaj mila...kal raat ke baad....aage likha to infraction mil jayega....

@topic
they should have atleast one squadron..more than sufficient.

Haaahaaa ! Yaaar Firm waalei itni kameenei hain eik 'Textile Industrial Plant' ke 'Stock Take' pe bheeej diyaaa thaaa; mein na kahaa 'Travelling Allowance' tou haaath me Rs.100 pakraaa diyaaa aur kahaa 'Sundar Industrial Estate' pohaanch ja. Agar kumbakht yeh bhi bataaa deitei keh woh Lahore seh 20 Km aur office seh 30 Km dooor hein tou mein ghaar seh kuch aur paisee heee rakh leitaaa kameeenon nei teri bhai ko 15 km chalvayaaa aaaj aur woh bhi Lahore ki tapti hoi dhooop mein...upppar seh 'Client' bhi sayieeen, paaani taaak nahin pooochaaa ! Aaaaj tou waaaat lagei meri...allah maaf karein koi apnei bachooon ko Chartered Accountancy mein na bheeejei ! :rofl:

Merey Bichhdey hue bhai tu kahan tha .. dhoond dhoond ke meri aakhon ke paani sookh sookh gaye :) / At the end of the day india , pakistan and Bangladesh will have to live together for next hundreds of years unlike U.S :)

Yes...well said ! :cheers:

I actually think it'd be nice if Bangladesh went for JF17s. It has unbelievably low operating costs(fuel/spares), is integrated with the latest frontline Chinese weapons suite(SD-10B for BVR, PL-5E WVR, the latest laser guided munitions, same latest gen stuff the J-10, J-11, J-15, J-20 would use), so it packs quite a deadly punch. This stuff is more advanced than the Russians, something which even Russians admit, in the StrategyCenter article I posted earlier in this thread. And the pace the Chinese are progressing at, is pretty amazing.

It's not stealth but it's a small jet with a Radar Cross-Section lower than an F-16(which has the lowest RCS of all teen series aircraft).

And the Jet's price won't be gauged up to squeeze out profits, so Bangladesh could field them in somewhat more sizable numbers. And also use the lower fuel/operating costs to increase pilot training and expertise.

Sounds like a good fit.

I avtually think it'd be nice if Bangladesh went for JF17s. It has unbelievably low operating costs(fuel/spares), is integrated with the latest frontline Chinese weapons suite(SD-10B for BVR, PL-5E WVR, the latest laser guided munitions, same latest gen stuff the J-10, J-11, J-15, J-20 would use), so it packs quite a deadly punch. This stuff is more advanced than the Russians, something which even Russians admit, in the StrategyCenter article I posted earlier in this thread.

It's not stealth but it's a small jet with a Radar Cross-Section lower than an F-16(which has the lowest RCS of all teen series aircraft).

And the Jet's price won't be gauged up to squeeze out profits, so Bangladesh could field them in somewhat more sizable numbers. And also use the lower fuel/operating costs to increase pilot training and expertise.

The only thing is that FC 1 is an untested and untried plane unlike the fulcrum. Give it another 5 years to prove it self first

Exactly, you know in the dog fight between F22 and F15, the result was 122:0.
i will say even 3-10 fifth generation fighter can be nightmare for the opponent.
Again see Da Fcuk result F22 V f15. 122 :0.
F22 ate f15 like a sandwitch.

The F-22 is as much a strategic weapon as Nuclear Weapons are for the record. F-22 and F-35 are on completely different leagues. Each was made for a role different than the other. They compliment each other though.

I like the f22 raptor the best. This is exactly what I meant when I said you need just a few to put down a whole squadron of lower quality planes. But unfortunately its not for sale.

For immediate use, I guess the F35 would be our best choice, even if we get fewer of these. It is not the number but the higher ability of the fighter that wins. Not sure if we can afford or even US will let us purchase it. Here is a comparison of F35 vs Typhoon and Typhoon looks like an inferior older platform:
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-5525.html

Here is another comparison where Japan wants F22 but since the US has not approved its sale to anyone yet, they chose F35 as an alternative:
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/f22-raptors-to-japan-01909/

For future, if I was in charge of Bangladesh decision making, I would immediately start looking into these:
Mitsubishi ATD-X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
KAI KF-X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both of the above Japanese and Korean planned fighters are stealth and 5th generation. Korean one already has a partner, Indonesia which is paying for 20% development cost.

Considering quality and reliable product manufacturing prowess, I think all ASEAN (as well as ASEAN+) countries should look at the above Japanese and Korean planes. If these two programs could be joined together and have a captive market base in ASEAN, as well as some export market, then we may be able to have a competitor for any US/EU air superiority fighter plane.

I have been on Russian planes and cars and been to Russia a few times, and I would not spend my money on anything Russian, if I had a choice, specially for air superiority fighter plane. I would not recommend China for strategic reasons. If we could get a few f35, that would shut the mouth of Burmese for good.

^^We can't afford Western fighters. Let alone being offered. An Eurofighter Typhoon will cost over $100 million a pop. And the F-35 is an expensive flying bathtub.

ATD-X will never leave the drawing board.

Don't know about the KF-X.

Back
Top Bottom