What's new

Mig 29 bought for BAF?

world is shifting to 5th generation
baf still buying j-7 and mig-29

Well, nobody would sell current BAL gov anything better. Their only option is russian and so we have this fuel eating beast mig-29.

Well, nobody would sell current BAL gov anything better. Their only option is russian and so we have this fuel eating beast mig-29.

And they'd sell it through a BNP admin? :rolleyes:

Anyways, 5th generation fighters would only be used by a handful of nations.

If one 5th-gen fighter can put a lock on and shoot down multiple 4th-gen fighters in one go from a longer distance before 4th-gen radar can put a lock on a 5th-gen, then I think it is worth the money to buy the more expensive 5th-gen fighters, because even a few of these can tackle a whole bunch of 4th-gen fighters, as there is no match between these two. If we have some real pilots here, please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Essentially what I am saying is that, in a real world situation, if we do not have the most advanced fighter, we may not be able to even fight for air superiority. And our air force should target to beat only Burma, since India is out of our league for the time being.

If one 5th-gen fighter can put a lock on and shoot down multiple 4th-gen fighters in one go from a longer distance before 4th-gen radar can put a lock on a 5th-gen, then I think it is worth the money to buy the more expensive 5th-gen fighters, because even a few of these can tackle a whole bunch of 4th-gen fighters, as there is no match between these two. If we have some real pilots here, please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Essentially what I am saying is that, in a real world situation, if we do not have the most advanced fighter, we may not be able to even fight for air superiority. And our air force should target to beat only Burma, since India is out of our league for the time being.

Umm no 5th gen doesn't automatically mean invincible to other jets. In fact the new 4++ has many advantages over current 5th gen programs mainly the F-35. The F-35 might be able to use BVR from further away but BVR missiles are still the least likely to hit targets compared to WVR missiles. But those jets aren't sitting ducks either, they also have enormous capabilities under their sleeves.

Most importantly for instance let's compare the F-35 to the Typhoon. The F-35 going into an interception mission will optimally carry 2 AMRAAMs and 2 AIM9X missiles and that is about as much It can carry in its internal weapons bay. Looking at the Typhoon on the other hand it can carry in an interception or Air Patrol mission optimally Carry 6 AMRAAMS( or Meteor) and 4 AIM9X (or IRIS-T) and you can pro ally figure it out from here.

Now if you are talking about lock-on capabilities both have excellent radars The F-35 APG-81 vs the CAPTOR-E for the Typhoon I would actually put my money on the CAPTOR-E.

Now talking about a DOG-Fight I would again put my money on the Typhoon mainly because it was designed from the get go as an interceptor and it is Aerodynamically unstable for increased manuvierbality while on the other hand you have the F-35 EODAS but so far this system had faces huge problems and it might be scrapped and this in turn will have a huge toll on the F-35 WVR capability.

This is talking on general I might go into details if you ask.

And they'd sell it through a BNP admin? :rolleyes:

Anyways, 5th generation fighters would only be used by a handful of nations.

They will sell advance jets provided we earn their trust. BAL can never earn anybody's trust considering that they are Indian dalals. If BNP stays for 2 consecutive terms china will sell us J10s and
other sources will also be available.

Erm...no, not necessarily.

There was one case in which a Growler shot down an F-22 during an exercise.
Growler Power: EA-18G boasts F-22 kill (PHOTOS) - The DEW Line

The F-35 is perhaps the only known fighter that is going to be exported, although many are doubting its capabilities. Oh, and I also forgot to add the HAL/Sukhoi FGFA which is yet to be seen :P

That's nothing new, there was that incident of an F 117
being shot down by a Isayev S-125 air defence system
that alone in only manual proximity mode. :lol:

Not to mention that S-125 was so primitive :rofl:

Behold, the boss:
800px-SA-3_EP_2006.JPG

:rofl: :rofl:

Did bangladeshi government signed any contract for that or it is still in pipe lines only ???

Back
Top Bottom