What's new

Michael Holding During PAK VS WI match said right things about IPL

seriously just like football....national teams are gonna die...once all the different leagues start coming up...
I hate the notion of people playing for capitalist clubs and managers rather than their own country...

how are football national games dead?

Cricket is the only major team sport that promotes national teams over domestic teams.

Domestic helps develop players and also develop that sport in a particular area.

IMO national games are supose to be somewhat like a special event like in Football and Rugby.

Thats rich coming from someone who abandoned his board and played the Packer world series.......

IPL is good for cricket esp those who have retired (eg; s/warne etc) and is a good retirement fund for such players - Pakistani cricketers wuold also love to play in IPL. having said that, cricketers must keep playing for country first and foremeost.

What's the incentive for playing for your country and not taking an early retirement? Cricket boards are completely mismanaged and players don't get their dues which they can get from a corporate league.

But its defeating the spirit it was started with, when it shamed the ICL and was like "we will not drag any player out of their national team matches". Sooner or later there will be more and more voices speaking up against this jugga shahi by the BCCI.

Dude.. No body is forced to play. There is an yearly schedule of IPL and whoever is able to make himself free during that time (with his board's permission), gets to play (provided he is chosen). If I have to throw a party on a particular day and one guest misses his work to make it to the party, is it my fault ? And I will surely ensure that I throw that party when I dont have anything important lined up. Thats how it works..

And most of the so called voices are the ones who havent managed to get a piece of IPL action. Coincidence ?? lol

Seriously, some Pakistani members have got this thing of sour grapes down to a bloody art :D

All Cricket boards shld ban those crickters playing in IPL and not for thier nation.

America is a military and economic superpower , everyone hates america..
India is a cricketing superpower, everyone hates them (So wats new)
We Indians are enjoying it(thats wat matters to 1 billion indians)
Hatred and Frustration comes when others cant match u and feel defeated

In a nutshell "I am Loving it"

Is it India or BCCI fault, that all the best players want to play in the IPL?

No, so Holding critiize your own players, not BCCI.

All Cricket boards shld ban those crickters playing in IPL and not for thier nation.

Then international cricket will be DEAD!

Likes of Malinga would choose IPL over playing test cricket with SL.

Pakistani players all want to play in India but cant.

"Tony it's impossible to bowl the doosra, it's a joke"

"Is that arm 15%, I don't think so"

Michael holding calling saheed Ajmal a chucker

I hope pakistanis will respect Holding views ..

Happened on 1st ODI two days back

that is what i said in my thread of players reagrding money....michael holding said that taylor is injured for the WI but fit for the IPL....then ramiz raja said that the IPL should be given a window of six weeks adn during that time no international cricket should be played....he is right.....and to all the goon indian members.....michael holding said that the IPL is ruining indian cricket not ramiz raja or any other pakistani......the ICC should do something about this but alas.....there is haroon lorgat at the top of the tree catching the bags of cash with both hands!!!

yes if you love cricket you should hate IPL it is not doing anything good for the game as football also died it is not national interset after these clubs came in i think if Nations play against Nation thats why any game was on its best
please hate IPL, If Jerome Taylor isnt up for his national duties its his mistake not IPL, ravi bopara also skipped this years IPL in order to cement his place in the national side why cant taylor do it?

its a fault of the cricket boards as well....why the WICB give NOC to taylor to play for IPL rather than the national team???....money???

Back
Top Bottom