What's new

Mi-35M Attack Helicopter

in attack helicopters currently we have
+- 49 AH1F cobra's (which will be replaced by different helicopter)
and 3 WZ10 helicopters
and in scouting and light attack 10 Fennec 550 C3 version (total 27 purchased , only 10 are armed)

On Confirm Order
15 AH1Z Zulu Viper Attack helicopter
4 Mi35 M helicopters

Future orders assumptions
More Mi35
More Z10 or any other attack helicopter to replace AH1F Cobra
Rest of Fennec/ Ecureuil will be enhanced with armed capabilities

@Jango @DESERT FIGHTER Can you confirm:

1) if the WZ10's have been inducted, or are still under going trials? From what I know, they weren't inducted, but I could be wrong.
2) The actual numbers that we may eventually go for. From what I have heard it is 50 over 3 ~ 4 years.

@Jango @DESERT FIGHTER Can you confirm:

1) if the WZ10's have been inducted, or are still under going trials? From what I know, they weren't inducted, but I could be wrong.
2) The actual numbers that we may eventually go for. From what I have heard it is 50 over 3 ~ 4 years.

We have over 55 Cobras ...
Aa for Z-10s they are still being tested .. No induction as of yet..

Mi-35e = more to come.

Last edited:
I remember about 5 years ago, PDF posters used to ridicule the Mi35 which India operated saying that their fleet of Cobras was much better and Mi35 can easily be shot down by Stinger, as was seen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

How times have changed

You operate the decades old mi-24 variant..Which is much less capable than this improved much more cable variant that entered service in 2006! This is the latest 35E that will equip Pak SF.

Mi still isn't as effective as Cobras or other gunships when it comes to conventional war... It's less manueverable and agile ...

@Indus Falcon

Correction

Army Aviation of India has 20 Rudra in service, not 7.

Rudra isn't even a real gunship its an armed medium transport heli..

1) 4 have been confirmed. Beyond that, nothing has been publicly disclosed but my guess is another 8 ~ 12 minimum, if not more.

2) Currently PA Aviation has +/-49 Cobras + 15 more Zulu version on order.

3) Z10 is supposed to make up the lower tier and a number like 50 has been heard @Jango any comments?

4) Indian Army Aviation has 20 Mi-35, 7 Rudra, 3 LCH plus a lot more on order. They are inducting more, and newer types (AH-64 Apache) as well. They will have a bigger fleet in the foreseeable future. But at the moment yes they are numerically behind.

Capability wise, that not a lot. Cobras are very old systems. Numerical superiority is not always a sign of strength.

Last edited:
@Indus Falcon
No link available,but check the World Air Forces 2015.The HAL webpage which said they produced the 27Th piece earlier in July this year is not available. But 6 Squadrons of 10 aircrafts each were to be inducted. The first is already up according to First Rudra squadron formed

@DESERT FIGHTER
Sir Rudra is just a weaponised Medium chopper but the same can be said about your armed Ecurils. Indus Falcon included them in your side.

By the way it's armed with 20mm cannon, 70mm Belgian Unguided Rockets, MBDA Mistrals and HeliNa.(I haven't included others because they haven't been fired by this yet).

It is equipped with Integrated Defensive Aids Suite (IDAS) from SAAB, with electronic warfare self-protection which is fully integrated into the glass cockpit. On-board self-defence systems include radar & missile detectors, IR jammer, chaff and flare dispensers.

i am not Sir a simple member like you. unnecessary criticizing

You operate the decades old mi-24 variant..Which is much less capable than this improved much more cable variant that entered service in 2006! This is the latest 35E that will equip Pak SF.

Mi still isn't as effective as Cobras or other gunships when it comes to conventional war... It's less manueverable and agile ...

Rudra isn't even a real gunship its an armed medium transport heli..

Rudra will be a troop carrier/gunship
Also it has some serious firepower

I remember about 5 years ago, PDF posters used to ridicule the Mi35 which India operated saying that their fleet of Cobras was much better and Mi35 can easily be shot down by Stinger, as was seen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

How times have changed

yes, times do change. few years ago it was hard to think that Russia could sell hi tech military equipment to Pakistan with so called Indian influence.

Back
Top Bottom