What's new

Mi-28 For Pakistan - Russia Agrees

In my opinion, upto 20 Mi-35 would be enough quantity for the COIN job, while 60-70 Mi-28 should be procured for the anti-tank and other support role. Regarding MMW radar, Russian technology would be more mature & better than Chinese one, but Turkish one looked great. For anti-tank missiles on Mi-28, integration of other options (TOW, etc) should also be incorporated in the deal. Similarly customized version (on requirement basis) can come-up with mutual consents. Overhauling facility should also be sought in every deal. But if TOT comes with the deal, then Pakistan will have options to upgrade any sub-systems with foreign collaborations.

It is good news that Pakistan will be getting these helicopters from Russia. One simple question. If we are going to spend more than a billion dollars for these machines, then why don't we acquire them through transfer of technology and assemble them here.
After our experience with JF-17 I assume that Pakistan now has enough trained manpower and infrastructure facilities to locally assemble these helicopters under licence from Russia.
Will Russia agree to give us the licence to manufacture these helicopters ? Your comments are welcome.

Great news cant wait to see both new beast in PA , oh yes I can smell a stinky pinky from all the Indians trolls getting their a$$ burned with hate as usual grow up man I mean really its gotten old now and is pathetic .

In my opinion, upto 20 Mi-35 would be enough quantity for the COIN job, while 60-70 Mi-28 should be procured for the anti-tank and other support role. Regarding MMW radar, Russian technology would be more mature & better than Chinese one, but Turkish one looked great. For anti-tank missiles on Mi-28, integration of other options (TOW, etc) should also be incorporated in the deal. Similarly customized version (on requirement basis) can come-up with mutual consents. Overhauling facility should also be sought in every deal. But if TOT comes with the deal, then Pakistan will have options to upgrade any sub-systems with foreign collaborations.

60-70 Mi-28 means shutting the door on other options. Pakistan generally prefers to procure weapons from multiple sources so as not to keep all eggs in one basket. My guess is of initial batch of 20-25 with option of more. Meanwhile see how Chinese and Turkish helicopters develop. There might be an opening for US AH-1Z AFTER signing deal with India for AH-64D.

China's gift of three Z-10 helicopters to Pakistan also got me thinking. If you put Mi-28 deal into this context, it is possible that China saw Mi-28 as a deal killer for Z-10. They handed over three as a gift to show its capability to Pakistan in real operations. With Pakistan's Cobra fleet ageing it was a good gesture. It also helps China test its new weapon in a war theatre, something that really adds to its credentials as an export bird. But again Pakistan must be really close at sealing the deal for Mi-28 which prompted China to do this.

60-70 Mi-28 means shutting the door on other options. Pakistan generally prefers to procure weapons from multiple sources so as not to keep all eggs in one basket. My guess is of initial batch of 20-25 with option of more. Meanwhile see how Chinese and Turkish helicopters develop. There might be an opening for US AH-1Z AFTER signing deal with India for AH-64D.

China's gift of three Z-10 helicopters to Pakistan also got me thinking. If you put Mi-28 deal into this context, it is possible that China saw Mi-28 as a deal killer for Z-10. They handed over three as a gift to show its capability to Pakistan in real operations. With Pakistan's Cobra fleet ageing it was a good gesture. It also helps China test its new weapon in a war theatre, something that really adds to its credentials as an export bird. But again Pakistan must be really close at sealing the deal for Mi-28 which prompted China to do this.

If Pakistan does procure MI28, then there is absolutely no reason to go for any other platfrom. Mi28 is more than sufficient for the anti-armor/CAS role. I don't see how T-129/Z-10 or cobras would be better.

These helis will be for conventional warfare.For countring terrorists we r getting mi35

Good .
But Mi 28 good for anti terrorism . its more compact . And y already have Mi 35 I guess

If Pakistan does procure MI28, then there is absolutely no reason to go for any other platfrom. Mi28 is more than sufficient for the anti-armor/CAS role. I don't see how T-129/Z-10 or cobras would be better.

Not necessarily better but Russia can choke us in case of conflict with India. Entire fleet will come to a grinding halt for shortage of spares. Not a good idea!

Who is getting these Mi-28s? PAF, Pakistan Army or Navy? or any two of these organizations?

It says 48 MI 35 that is good thing and I think its true during IDEX 2014 Russia itself offere us MI 28 and 3 different Air Defence Systems so we should hope we go for 60 MI 28 and also lot of batteries of Air Defence systems
we need long range sams after this deal is done

Z10 acquisition should proceed. Military relationship with Russia will take sometime to mature.
z10 needs to mature first, but that would be the best helicopter to get in the future

I think the deal is final
i have a strong feeling that the deal for the helicopters, block2 jf17 and j10b will be signed on Republic day/March 23

PAF does not operate attack helicopters. Pak Army will operate them. Unit price was 15-16 million $ in 2002. It should be between 20-25 million $ today depending on what you want installed in it. Algeria recently received its order for 42 Mi-28NE + 6 Mi-26T worth 3 Billion $. They ommited the radars due to price but kept the night capability.

Russia is also improving this helicopter after reports of increased vibrations in its main gear box.

I don't think deal for Pakistan is finalized yet. Probably will be in advanced negotiations stage. My guess is order will be of about 25 or so bird worth at about 600-700 million $ with an option for another 20 or so birds. Procurement of weaponry, training of personnel, procurement of spares and setting up maintenance facilities will cost another 300-400 million $. We are probably looking at something like 1-1.3 billion $ deal in making over the period of 3-7 years. But again its too early to know details or even if it will finally go through.
Thanks for the info sir!
And by the way i think 600$ million is affordable even if its propagated upto 1$ billion still it will be within our range. Dont you think,

indians worry a lot about pakistan ,thanks,don't worry guys we have enough funds and cash to get us these heli's and if we want 200 of these machines though 50 will be fine in my view,indians don't realize that our politicians might be F up ,but our people trust the army to the extent that during any natural disaster they give out the aid needed in cash and goods to army camps only, not to civil institutions nor to ngo's,THE ARMY
I can say with 200 percent surety that if GEN. Raheel Sharif tmw comes out addresses pakistani nation and tells them what the forces need and what it will cost them and ask people to contribute to their defense to meet the bill ,i assure u every pakistani even the ones that evade taxes,rich and poor will give generously,also the dual nationals in west and paksitani's in mideast ,thats just to destroy ur indian illusion that pak can't afford these weapons .though pak army never asks for help financially or even in manpower from the public even when its stretched to its limits financially or in manpower, it always manages and comes out triumphant

Personally, i have little hope as we dont have a full time Foreign minister. Nawaz Sharif has appointed only Sartaj Aziz as Adviser. 88 year old man with dimensia problem cant handle or act to the demands of being Pakistan foreign minister.

I think we have a very serious looking FM these days, who is taking care of lots of matters very actively and efficiently as compared to any politicians.

Itni bhik nahi milegi tumhe bikhari , in sab ke liye paise hain tumhare pass , pehle bijli pani aur petrol bharwa lo

Munnay phelay ja k kissi toilet may apni potty saf kar lo phir bari bari batain karna ok, aur jab 2 bary moot rahay ho na to beech may nai aty kapry kharab ho jaty hain. Samj ai ya translate karo?

Nice Helicopters. Very good for anti-terror operations .

Mi-35 will be very good for many roles on western border and if needed on eastern border too.

Arrival of any new advance Attack Helo will be big boost to PA as now they think that those helos will be crucial in defending any surprise IBG strike (cold start type misadventure) from IA and also will reduce load on PAF too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom