What's new

Mi-28 For Pakistan - Russia Agrees

well sir pakistan got every thing from USA was infact a aid but if you dont agree whay should i be bothered :)

chalo ji aapki baat maan lete hain sannu ki ;)

as for russian deal of attack helos to you we are not loosing any sleep over it as we already have Mi-35s and apache , rudra and LCH are on order... so good luck bro :)

good glad I stand corrected. thanks for proving that you can only troll about "pakistan got everythinng from USA as aid" however, you have no evidence of your Bh*rat "raks""k claims.

hence please stick to your Bh*rat "raks""k and troll there.

But even Janes and many international agencies reported that Russia was offered MI 28 and 3 different Air Defence systems to us and gave presentation during IDEX 2014

Big difference between offer and agree, don't u agree!

No offence to anyone ,but pakistani members show their love for Russian equipment without even giving a second thought.Here my take:
1>If Russian really offered you anything or just lot of hot air.
2>Russian MI-28N rejected by India due to problem with MMW radar and in efficient survival electronic suit while not to forget to Mi28N failed in high altitude.
3>Wake me up when Pakistan forces get their 1st Mi 35.

China has more buying power than India and it has always enjoyed a leverage because of that. This economic equation doesn't hold true in case of Pakistan - but I doubt Russia would think through Indian lens every-time it has to sell something. They just sold S-400 and Mig-35 to China and they know against who it is going to be used and this is happening at a time when India is bigger buyer of Russian hardware than China.
no mig 35 su 35 (48)

but u hav american planes..and we r getting israeli missiles which ha american tech...

first buy then talk....from what i get from u key board warriors is Pakistan is the best in the world in everything, but in reality ur diplomats r incompetent in hell and Indians r better negotiators than u guys will ever be...

btw check out ur news channels in the last few days during obama's visit to india...itna rondu log main zindagi main nahi dekha...
negotiators lamo hahahahhahahahahha we have seen your negotiation on rafael with france huh and BTW bhai rakho lo america saray ka sara rakh lo america dosti sy to dushmi achi hai wo dont give shit chal bhag charsi

A local newspaper has reported that Russia has agreed to supply Pakistan with Mi-28 helicopter gunships. Lets see if this news turns out to be correct.

View attachment 188547

dont these people do any proofreading, in the middle of the article he says "Pakistan Rous ko MI-28 faraham kare ga."

No offence to anyone ,but pakistani members show their love for Russian equipment without even giving a second thought.Here my take:
1>If Russian really offered you anything or just lot of hot air.
2>Russian MI-28N rejected by India due to problem with MMW radar and in efficient survival electronic suit while not to forget to Mi28N failed in high altitude.
3>Wake me up when Pakistan forces get their 1st Mi 35.
Even if it isnt true why all indian asses are on fire??

Even if it isnt true why all indian asses are on fire??
bandar ko milli haldi ki gaanth pansaari ban baith ..... ye kahawat to apne bhi pakistan me suni hi hogi sir

well thats exactli most pakistani internet worriors are trying to project with news of pakistani interests in russian attack helos .... when and how they buy it or what is russias role in is another matter have a nice day

Pakistan is not OFFICIALLY buying any russian weaponry as yet. even the engines for JF-17 the RD-93 are not bought directly from RUSSIA they come via China.

So please let us not jump the gun and wait for something concrete. let us not forget that Pakistan buys alot of equipment from Ukraine a nation that Russia is currently at war with. So us getting these Helicopters currently is unlikely

ATAK-129 the turkish helicopters are more likely to be bought.

If the news is correct, it also signals the end of Pakistan's interest in Turkish attack helicopter. Thats rather unfortunate as Turkish ATAK helicopter is great weapons and avionics platform too.

But we cant have so many attack helicopters of so many types.

I know this is loud thinking but I am stretching the line forward to make few questions.

Q1: As we are getting Mi-28, we will be getting armament which comes along with the helicopter and that may include anti-tank missiles. Does that mean Russian tanks in India would be targeted by Russian helicopters using Russian anti-tank missiles?

Mi-35, which is a done deal also carry same anti tank missiles that Mi-28 can. A finalized deal is a signal that Russia will play both ways just like US.

As far as Mi 28 is concerned again you have only $15 billion so i would call it just a dream like your earlier J 10B even that i am sure Modi would do to stop when he visit Russia

We will come and look for some Indian baniya to loan some money. Dont worry.

If there are signs of deal, it means financing is being or has been worked out. If Mi-28 is rejected, it could be for operational reasons. Russia does not have a great reputation for customer service.

Pakistan is not OFFICIALLY buying any russian weaponry as yet. even the engines for JF-17 the RD-93 are not bought directly from RUSSIA they come via China.

So please let us not jump the gun and wait for something concrete. let us not forget that Pakistan buys alot of equipment from Ukraine a nation that Russia is currently at war with. So us getting these Helicopters currently is unlikely

ATAK-129 the turkish helicopters are more likely to be bought.
We are buying MI 35 and soon will buy MI 28 to and Russia has also agreed to sell RD 93 engines directly

The production lines shut years ago i think

Russia is retiring them now but 48 may be too high a figure as of now

Recently a retired one was sold to Nigeria

Russia is still producing Mi-35.

Can someone plz tell me whats the cost of each unit of both of these helis. And when will they be fully operational in PAF?
Thanks!

PAF does not operate attack helicopters. Pak Army will operate them. Unit price was 15-16 million $ in 2002. It should be between 20-25 million $ today depending on what you want installed in it. Algeria recently received its order for 42 Mi-28NE + 6 Mi-26T worth 3 Billion $. Iraq also bought 15 of them but they ommited the radars due to price but kept the night capability. Algerian Mi-28NE have radar but those are not yet mounted. It will be interesting to see how Iraqi Mi-28 perform against ISIS. I'm sure PA will be watching closely.

Russia is also improving this helicopter after reports of increased vibrations in its main gear box.

I don't think deal for Pakistan is finalized yet. Probably will be in advanced negotiations stage. My guess is order will be of about 25 or so bird worth at about 600-700 million $ with an option for another 20 or so birds. Procurement of weaponry, training of personnel, procurement of spares and setting up maintenance facilities will cost another 300-400 million $. We are probably looking at something like 1-1.3 billion $ deal in making over the period of 3-7 years. But again its too early to know details or even if it will finally go through.

Edit: Algerian Mi-28 are with Radar while Iraqi are without it.

Last edited:
This is a very nice development for Pakistan. Why is that in every post indian comes and try their best to put down and insult Pakistan, in anyway they can. Pakistan interest must come first, be it a Pakistani website, or a any Pakistani media. Even USA don't allow that much freedom of speech to let enemies insult their country in their own media.

Welcome! Once you stay here, you will see a reflection of Indian mindset towards Pakistan. Its demeaning, disrespectful and disgusting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom