What's new

Memoirs of a (Pakistani) Hindu girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true than its shameful and I am ashamed of it, but everything is so blurry these days cant see the difference between truth and propaganda. but, you should also put the memoir of muslim girl living in the lands of Vadera in rural sind, it will be no different than this hindu girl.

tell me one thing if a muslim girl burns you BHAGWANT GITA what will u hindus do to them? if it was up to LK ADVANI and his BJP supporters then they will burn not only that girl but all her family members

Goons are everywhere in every country.. But in Pakistan they get the legitimacy of the Blasphemy law to kill / beat up anyone they want..

Requoting from another thread,

On a side note the Indian Govt must negotiate with GoP for a one time transfer of all the Hindus remaining there and provide them citizenship in India so that they can spend atleast the rest of their life with honor,dignity and safety.

=====================================

I wonder if we can work out some type of swap formula with Pakistan.

It would not work. No one will come forward to go to Pakistan even the ones with Pakistaniiyat in their hearts.

Just negotiate with the GoP for a one time transfer of all Hindus who are willing to migrate and be done with it. Pakistan may have forsaken the people in whose name it was formed in the first place..but India should not do that.

And that is a BS. Comes from a Pakistani whose family migrated from South India.

Tell that to the likes of Omar, Atanz, jinxed_girl et al.

What do you expect pakistanis to post here..at best some sane people will write condolences. But they are not the people who form the majority in Pakistan. The majority in Pakistan consists of those who shower petals on a killer, beat an 11 year old kid for blasphemy and talk about how Muslims are not 'secure' in India.

Creeping radicalization of Pakistan is a fact. And we have to learn to live with it.

The vast majority stays silent because of the militant reaction of those who carry out such wrongs. I am very commonly asked "why does the Pakistani public not come out on the streets and take matters into their own hands?" and to me the answer is quite simple. Unless and until the government and the public take on these wrongs together, it won't happen. More specifically, which poor tom, dick or harry wants to give his life, the only source of sustenance for his family, for a cause which may not find other backers (you need powerful ones too to take on the extremist lobby). The fact that a person like Salman Taseer was murdered and then on top of that his son was kidnapped to blackmail the family on the case against that murderer-cum-bodyguard tells you that in Pakistan people are scared to take on certain elements.

I know the point of view of Muhajirs and others don't think in the same way including your historians and people from UP-Bihar or South India don't fit in their definition.

up bihar ,muhajirs are same people for me and they are ...intelligent people :pop:(bhairava is taking my comment in a wrong way ,i mean to say i support bihari )
:angry::angry:
Well every one has it's opinion. No matter how stupid and idiotic it is. Majority doesn't agree with it. I know many from UP and Bihar who hate India more than anybody else.May be because of the stories of hindu bigotry they have heared from their elders. Anyways majority doesn't believe in anything like this.

some muhajirs donot like india but their roots are from bihar ...so they and their grand fathers like bihar state only ......:pop:

The vast majority stays silent because of the militant reaction of those who carry out such wrongs. I am very commonly asked "why does the Pakistani public not come out on the streets and take matters into their own hands?" and to me the answer is quite simple. Unless and until the government and the public take on these wrongs together, it won't happen. More specifically, which poor tom, dick or harry wants to give his life, the only source of sustenance for his family, for a cause which may not find other backers (you need powerful ones too to take on the extremist lobby). The fact that a person like Salman Taseer was murdered and then on top of that his son was kidnapped to blackmail the family on the case against that murderer-cum-bodyguard tells you that in Pakistan people are scared to take on certain elements.
You are very right. No one will shout against such acts if there is a threat of life.
But what then is the solution to such problems? These are only increasing, i am sure you would not have missed the trend lines of increasing intolerance of diversity in Pakistan. Clearly it is not acceptable to many Pakistani's such as yourself and many other fine people on this forum.

What then is the way forward? Because if silence continues, those with a narrow agenda will only gain more confidence and society becomes more intolerant and radicalized. This was not the Pakistan two decades ago, it was a lot more liberal and accepting. And if things continue on this path, two decades from now, it will only get worse.

Google Syrian Lesbian blogger and you will get your answer.

Leave the country dear. In fact the country in the east would love to take you in since they have an increasing Muslim population to counter with. Bye Bye. Don't cry us a river here.

Pathetic... just pathetic mentality!!!!

How can she leave now. Her life is already devastated because she has been forcefully married and converted.
Yaar tumhein sharam bhi nahin aati aise baat bolte hue?
Leave the country dear. In fact the country in the east would love to take you in since they have an increasing Muslim population to counter with. Bye Bye. Don't cry us a river here.

You are very right. No one will shout against such acts if there is a threat of life.
But what then is the solution to such problems? These are only increasing, i am sure you would not have missed the trend lines of increasing intolerance of diversity in Pakistan. Clearly it is not acceptable to many Pakistani's such as yourself and many other fine people on this forum.

What then is the way forward? Because if silence continues, those with a narrow agenda will only gain more confidence and society becomes more intolerant and radicalized. This was not the Pakistan two decades ago, it was a lot more liberal and accepting. And if things continue on this path, two decades from now, it will only get worse.

We are going a full circle here. The extremists think that by forcing others they will have achieved something that Pakistan never had. In my mind, the people of Pakistan will reject their version too just like Zia's cosmetic efforts failed. But for this to fail, the people first have to see it and experience it. What I know for sure, and most Pakistanis may not agree with me, is that Pakistan needs something like the Turkish model. Have Islam in our lives but not to the extent that everyone else is being forced fed the same or in the manner its being done in Pakistan. Proselytizing is not a problem by itself, but it should be limited to conveying the message and if someone tells you to get out of their face, you must!

One other thing, there has to be a compelling moment where people will react to the extremist ideology (not to be confused with the mainstream Islamic ideology, which has been a part of our lives for the past 60+ years). I am not sure what this compelling event will be, but I know that most people in Pakistan are seriously upset with the murder of Salman Taseer and things like this are slowly eroding the support of the Islamist parties.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are theocratic Islamic states, but the minorities don't feel as choked there as they do in Pakistan, and the reason for this is that the governments moderate the leeway given to their people in these countries. In Pakistan, our government is hapless, helpless and clueless, thus individuals like the local village mullah become the government!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom