What's new

Memoirs of a (Pakistani) Hindu girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the way they killed those shias? If they can butcher their fellow Muslims like that Hindus stand no chance. Purer by the day, just a matter of time.

We are shamed by these so called Muslims. This is not Islam but new made up ideology that has nothing to do with the religion I follow. I am a proud believer of the true Islam not this pus on the face of our faith.

The solution? A strong & binding ethnic, cultural & linguistic identity with religion & education thrown in to the mix. It's amazing how many issues can be traced back to a lack of education. That alone enunciates its importance. Until this solution can be implemented, those of good character & judgment must take it upon themselves to ensure religious minorities feel proud of residing in what is essentially their own land.
I have to say one thing, while it is true that education brings down levels of bigotry(albeit slowly), it takes 2 generations of educated people to change the original bigotry.
But, in Pakistan, the education system initself is not secular. It is Islamicized to show Hindus and other minorities in a bad light while portraying Muslims all the all conquering and all enlightened true belief.

Forgive me for saying this, you may or may not agree with it, but take a look at Indian CBSE school text books, i think you will find it as a model book to go along with.

I am deliberately saying CBSE- Central Board of Secondary Education and/or ICSE and not State Education Boards as i donot have knowledge about their contents. CBSE and ICSE are the biggest education boards in India.

These things are foreign to us, when we see these news our parents and they're generation are more surprised about his as it never happened back then in the good days of Pakistan.
While the opposite is true in India.

I link what you say with the above mentioned point. Education in India is steadily increasing, and it is mostly secular. I agree with what you say, i find that too about India and Pakistan. The kind of religious bigotry and riots that were a hallmark of India are not there in the same kind of frequency or intensity today - ofcourse it still happens though, but not the same intensity and frequency. Its going down slowly.
Its reverse in Pakistan, i find increasing levels of hate and intolerance in Pakistan over the last decade.

I have to say one thing, while it is true that education brings down levels of bigotry(albeit slowly), it takes 2 generations of educated people to change the original bigotry.
But, in Pakistan, the education system initself is not secular. It is Islamicized to show Hindus and other minorities in a bad light while portraying Muslims all the all conquering and all enlightened true belief.

Forgive me for saying this, you may or may not agree with it, but take a look at Indian CBSE school text books, i think you will find it as a model book to go along with.

I am deliberately saying CBSE- Central Board of Secondary Education and/or ICSE and not State Education Boards as i donot have knowledge about their contents. CBSE and ICSE are the biggest education boards in India.

Education isn't the only solution, but it is without doubt one of the most important ones among them, & it can not be neglected. The number of generations it could take for education to have an impact on intolerance is debatable. The mindset of the society is another factor determining the impact of education, those who are motivated & willing to correct themselves would be able to rectify their previous mistakes. Although there is a degree of truth in the phrase: old habits die hard. This means that it could take some time to correct the mindset of those who believe that religious minorities are not a part of their society.

The only aspects of our education system's curricula that may require revision are the subjects of Pakistan's history starting from the beginning of the Indus Valley Civilization & of course Islamic studies. Most school books as far as I know do teach about pre-islamic civilizations that existed & thrived on our land, but unfortunately there is a degree of bias when discussing the arrival of Islam. That needs to be correct, history must always be taught from an impartial point of view. The Islamic curriculum has to be revised to present the appropriate values of Islam. One source of problems is the number of unchecked religious schools consisting of teachers preaching intolerance. It's the government's responsibility to take some corrective action against this issue & provide children with cheap, affordable, & quality education. This will deter parents from sending their kids to odd or shady religious schools.

I don't know much if anything at all about Indian text books, so I will not be able check out their curricula or make any comments regarding them. I am sure that if Pakistan wants, it will be able to educate children on matters of religion & history from an unbiased perspective.

Well, for that Pakistan must first start investing in education a lot more than it currently does. A lot of the funding of the education sector of Pakistan comes from Arabian countries. They naturally have an interest in showing things from a perspective convenient to them.

I wonder why is this allowed? Why is the govt not regulating all of this?

Well, for that Pakistan must first start investing in education a lot more than it currently does. A lot of the funding of the education sector of Pakistan comes from Arabian countries. They naturally have an interest in showing things from a perspective convenient to them.

I wonder why is this allowed? Why is the govt not regulating all of this?

Pakistan's government has to spend more on the education sector, there is no doubt about that. However, they must also improve the standards of education in government schools so that it becomes easier for lower income families to provide their kids with good education.

Speaking of Arabian countries, are you referring to the allegations of funding extremist religious schools? If so, that funding used to come from charity organizations illegally in the past. However, Arab countries like Saudi Arabia have taken steps against those organizations themselves. They have even revised their own Islamic curriculum to get rid of topics inciting hatred for other beliefs.

The Pakistani government needs to take similar measures obviously, but it's well known that the current government is corrupt & incompetent. Most people do not have any remaining good expectations from this government.

if had this girl seen been islamic girl and had seen the same day in india.. all the mullahs had raise their gun on india. See how hindus are behaving with our womens and daughters.. Then bashing and condolences. And if possible few killings and blast... this is slap on pakistani faces who call them liberal and say minorities are enjoying their rights.:angry:

if had this girl seen been islamic girl and had seen the same day in india.. all the mullahs had raise their gun on india. See how hindus are behaving with our womens and daughters.. Then bashing and condolences. And if possible few killings and blast... this is slap on pakistani faces who call them liberal and say minorities are enjoying their rights.:angry:

You are right and we are ashamed of this. I apologise for my country and I apologise to this young girl. What happened to her did not respect her rights. All I can say is that the true Islam respects all faiths and all people of all colour and creed. This is Jahilism. This is the new religion in our land. We must all unite to defeat this menace.

This is not Islam and any one who defends this in the name of Islam is a liar and a jahil too.

So those sunnis who refused to identify Shias must belong to the balance 59% .. Does not discount the fact that for 41% of Pakistanis, Quaid e azam Jinnah was a non muslim

Surveys can easily be manipulated and can have their own agenda. In many cases they are for the apetite of bigots like you. :)

Tell that to Riaz Haq who is all over the moon because according to a survey by the same org, 81% of Pakistanis believe hard work is the solution to everything..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...is-strongly-believe-working-hard-succeed.html

After reading this, i was thinking what to say and i got nothing to say..

don't know why these people are facing such problems too much and many hindu/sikh people coming in India. don't know they are involved in crime or in terrorism or any other kind of crime.. ?? i don't think so,

But i don't have problem with pakistan, whatever they are doing is what they wanna do and this is their majority mentality...

but i feel shame on my government and India , where our Indian people feel proud to say i am Indian , where our leader think they ll be super power but they are not even trying to protect these people, but this fu#king government is busy to save these bangladeshi,burma people @ss.

Some people here ll make it religious topic by adding some past incident but what ll do after spreading your religion when they are not allowing other to live in their way ?
I think religion is the most worst thing ever that human invented..

So those sunnis who refused to identify Shias must belong to the balance 59% .. Does not discount the fact that for 41% of Pakistanis, Quaid e azam Jinnah was a non muslim

Tell that to Riaz Haq who is all over the moon because according to a survey by the same org, 81% of Pakistanis believe hard work is the solution to everything..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...is-strongly-believe-working-hard-succeed.html

They are working hard..
don't you see ??

Is it true that you guys have thrown a kid with Down's into the locker for burning the Koran?

Yes.. After giving her and her mother a sound thrashing it seems... Also, it was not Koran that she burnt, but some school book that teaches about koran.. Something called "Noorani Qaida,"

Well every one has it's opinion. No matter how stupid and idiotic it is. Majority doesn't agree with it. I know many from UP and Bihar who hate India more than anybody else.May be because of the stories of hindu bigotry they have heared from their elders. Anyways majority doesn't believe in anything like this.

I know the point of view of Muhajirs and others don't think in the same way including your historians and people from UP-Bihar or South India don't fit in their definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom