What's new

Meet the flesh eating cannibal Aghori monks of Varanasi, India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gie
Incredible images show life of India's cannibal Aghori tribe | Daily Mail Online
Meet the flesh eating cannibal Aghori monks of Varanasi, India, in pictures - Telegraph

Feared across India, the exiled Aghori monks of Varanasi feast on human flesh and reside near cremation sites in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Showing the monks with painted faces and beads strung around their necks, these incredible images were taken by Italian photographer Cristiano Ostinelli, who spent time with the tribe to discover more about their way of life.

The mysterious tribe members live in cemeteries and feast on human flesh as part of their rituals, as well as drinking from human skulls, chewing the heads off live animals and meditating on top of cadavers in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Mr Ostinelli explained: 'There is a great mystery around them and the Indians fear them, they say they can predict the future, walk on water and do evil prophecies.'

The monks use a combination of marijuana, alcohol and meditation to help them reach a disconnected state of heightened awareness and bring themselves closer to revered Hindu god Lord Shiva.

The Aghori also believe that by immersing themselves without prejudice in what others deem taboo or disturbing, they're on course to achieving enlightenment.

They live among India's cremation sites - where Lord Shiva and goddess Kali Ma are said to dwell - and feed on what others throw away.

Bodies are often cremated and then scattered into the sacred Ganges river, but some bodies are disposed of without cremation.

Read more: Incredible images show life of India's cannibal Aghori tribe | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: Incredible images show life of India's cannibal Aghori tribe | Daily Mail Online

Guess the OP has never read about his own religion: Islam and Cannibalism - Walid Shoebat

Wonder why I never heard about him, but I'm always interested in knowing more about the historical religious figures of Hindu Bengalis. Trailanga seems to have many similarities to our Sufi Saints of the past.

Thanks for the videos. :)

Trailanga Swami was not a Bengali. He was from Andhra Pradesh as his name suggests. His name is the corruption of Telenga swami. But he lived in Varanasi for a long time.

He was famous in Bengal due to the fact that even a Siddhi like Ramakrishan Paramahanse bowed to him and considered him one of the greatest Siddhi's of his time.

Chopping of the arm of a dead body n munching on it is considered disgusting n creepy in the entire world. Reminded me of those fukers police caught in Lyah Pak...
hey, you should read that book I recommended earlier in the thread (at the left hand of god) it'll explain a few things.

to the Aghori, everything is divine, they don't get grossed out with anything.. they can eat their own shit, a dead rat in a sewer, or even their own flesh... necrophilia and "black magic" .. fascinating stuff

I smoke weed because it just helps me concentrating my mind and accomplishing extreme yogic practices, which otherwise would be difficult for me to do."

True, all the paka sacha charsis I have met give me the same reason for smoking weed.

Because when something harms society it is no longer personal.

Then every religion should be banned.. Religions as a whole did more damage than good to society..

hey, you should read that book I recommended earlier in the thread (at the left hand of god) it'll explain a few things.

to the Aghori, everything is divine, they don't get grossed out with anything.. they can eat their own shit, a dead rat in a sewer, or even their own flesh... necrophilia and "black magic" .. fascinating stuff

They can do that but they usually don't.

Aghori consume human flesh only when they are ready to rise from Sravak to Siva. From being the disciple to becoming the enlightened one, his own master. When they have completed the Tantra Shava sadhana to attain Siddhi.

Then every religion should be banned.. Religions as a whole did more damage than good to society..

err.... maybe your religion. Not Hinduism.

Why don't these babas and jogis etc don't care about about hygiene. It not just about India even in Pakistan you will find people like them in very poor hygiene. I don't know why people would follow some one who is not even responsible for his/her hygiene :sick:

Why don't these babas and jogis etc don't care about about hygiene. It not just about India even in Pakistan you will find people like them in very poor hygiene. I don't know why people would follow some one who is not even responsible for his/her hygiene :sick:

Probably because they realize that this body is transitionary and the world is illusionary. :lol:

Bodies are just the disposable clothes the soul wears.

Last edited:
Agreed. But those fake fakeers are better than the pics I have seen on this thread.
Yeah they don eat dead bodies b do wierd stuff.. All they do is smoke hash,prey and beg for arms.. and dance n sing Sufi stuff..

Gujarat needs another Mehmood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom