What's new

Meet the flesh eating cannibal Aghori monks of Varanasi, India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Lord Shiva . Very interesting god . He just very angry and used Weed to calm himself . Versatile war god .

These guys are aghoris devotees of Lord shiva himself. They extreme sacrifices gives them will power to achieve the unbelievable .

I wish shaivatism was banned. shiva worshippers believe in the dumbest things.

Come on.. After destroying all other religions, who will Hindu supermacists fight other than themselves.. Lets focus on uprooting evil abrahamic religions first, then will decide about vaishnavites and shivaites...

Come on.. After destroying all other religions, who will Hindu supermacists fight other than themselves.. Lets focus on uprooting evil abrahamic religions first, then will decide about vaishnavites and shivaites...

Now that is funny coming for a christian. :lol: ............. its christianity which looks to eliminate all religion other that itself.

Hinduism OTOH provides shelter and home to All other religions in the world :coffee:

From the Jews to the parsis to the the black afro Siddi in gujarat

It was meant to be a joke genius. :rolleyes:

You know what the really funny part is ? :D

The Aghories are originally from Pakistan :P

Their primary deity is from pakistan and that goddess is still worshipped in Pakistan, by both Hindus and Muslims :lol:

I want Sikhism to be banned, guru nanak followers believe in the dumbest things. :coffee:

Now that is funny coming for a christian. :lol: ............. its christianity which looks to eliminate all religion other that itself.

Hinduism OTOH provides shelter and home to All other religions in the world :coffee:

Their primary deity is from pakistan and that goddess is still worshipped in Pakistan, by both Hindus and Muslims :lol:

I want Sikhism to be banned, guru nanak followers believe in the dumbest things. :coffee:
who is that goddess ?

Offcourse, the Christian boogeyman strikes again..

lol @ this racist. Show me where stupid believes Guru Nanakji had? You think we've forgotten about shiva and the Pine forests? Or how the Vedic worshippers gave rudra their scraps cause they considered him a savage?

Seriously, shivaites make Indians look bad. They are a toxic panth.

Their primary deity is from pakistan and that goddess is still worshipped in Pakistan, by both Hindus and Muslims
:lol:

Can you shed some light on this?

An answer I read on quora some time back, tbh I am spooked by these people but interesting POV:

Why do Aghoris consume marijuana at some holy shrines? How is it linked with spirituality?

It takes two massive balls to ask this very question to an Aghori for real.
(Nobody fucks with Aghoris here in India. They are both feared and respected among religious minded folks.)

I remember I met an Aghori baba couple of years ago on my trip to Rishikesh. He was sitting there alone, meditating on the banks of the river Ganga.

I greeted him with namaste and politely asked him if I could ask him few questions.

He was nice and said OK.

I asked him why do they take weed and do all that creepy stuff.

He smiled and here is what he replied:

"Look, boy, you are too young to understand the difference. You just watch us eating meat, smoking weed and doing things you people classify as "creepy stuff". What you don't see is the subtle and mysterious connection between things. We use human skull, blood, and bones in our rituals because that remind us of our human body. How many times a day you think of this fact that you are dying at this very moment? You worldly people just think of life as you were never going to die and so these words like "death" and "bones" freak you out. Isn't there any difference between an Aghori smoking weed and a naive young guy taking drugs in a nightclub? For you there's no difference because you give importance to matter (weed, drugs). While actually the difference is in the experiences and the intentions. I don't smoke weed for pleasure. I don't wear clothes, I don't have a penny, I don't keep any worldly relations with anyone, I've renounced almost everything. All for what? To smoke weed and get pleasure out of it? Pleasure is a meaningless thing for me. Pleasure is for worldly people. My senses don't seek pleasure any more. I smoke weed because it just helps me concentrating my mind and accomplishing extreme yogic practices, which otherwise would be difficult for me to do."

Dumbfounded by his that reply I couldn't even think of asking him another question.

I am more of an ascetic guy myself and I get fascinated by anything supernatural and occult practices like Tantra. But I follow the right-handed path (aka Dakṣiṇācāra) for my spiritual advancement. Why? Because that fits in my comfort zone.

Most people have nothing but "personal disdain" for left-handed path. That's utterly unfair.

The left handed path has this 5 Ms concept (aka Panchamakara) which all the Aghoris follow.

Yes, they eat human meat. But do they kill humans for meat? No. They just use the unidentified dead human bodies.

Yes, they consume marijuana. But do they act wildly after that and do bad things (like rape women, crush people on road) like the naive young guys do after taking drugs? Hell no.

Yes, they take weed. But do they have any relations with drug mafia guys? No.

Yes, they are extremists. But do they promote this lifestyle? No.

So who am I or who are you to declare left-hand path as immoral or wrong?

Did you get the point here, OP?

It's all about your point of view.

Watch an Aghori with your narrow worldly point of view and all you will see is a weird looking guy smoking weed.

Step out of your worldly point of view and all you will see is a "normal guy" just looking for spiritual enlightenment.

Why do Aghoris consume marijuana at some holy shrines? How is it linked with spirituality? - Quora

who is that goddess ?

Can you shed some light on this?

The Aghori is a Tantric sect who worship Shiv-Shakti.

Their patron goddess to who the Aghori pray to attain Siddhi is Hinglaj Mata who's temple is in Balochistan, Pakistan.

The Hinglaj Mata temple is also known as Nani Mandi probably because the grandmothers of the converts used to vist the place regularly. Even today there is a massive pilgrimage in Pakistan to the Hinglaj Mata temple from both Muslims and Hindus. Its a VERY powerful shrine and it is said to grant wishes to whoever goes to her in good faith.

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

hinglaj.jpg

Hinglaj-Mata.jpg

70538956.jpg

Offcourse, the Christian boogeyman strikes again..

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones :lol:

Last edited:
I've read up on them quite extensively, truly fascinating. Anyone wanting to know a bit more in a easy, light read should buy this book:
aghora1.jpg

or maybe find a PDF version e-book on the interwebs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom