What's new

Meet Iran's suicide UAV with 2000km range

Some of these uavs are blurring the lines with cruise missiles, ssm, & sams. Consider if the Arash uav is pre programmed, or a HARM variant then once launched, it would be somewhere in altitude between a cruise missile and ballistic missile.
In a coordinated attack, IRGCASF and Artesh can launch a barrage of cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, and various drones in EW, HARM, possible wild weasel, and overall demolition of a target. Of course I always do wonder how resilient they are in EW in the event of war. Seems the pre programmed roles are the most reliable in terms of resisting EW.
I am pleasantly surprised that artesh has come up with very some very good equipment that can coordinate with IRGC and carry out attacks encompassing almost all altitudes.
Irans strength. 😎🇮🇷
Relative weak in "typically" conventional warfare vs nations like US, Russia, China or any other European country who found it's nuts and prepare for a larger conventional war but as a whole a better armed Hezbollah-asymetric-warfighting style which will in the end triumph because you can't really "get them" on a larger scale imo.
Compare it to other T1 capable asymetric warfare forces like Viet Minh vs the Frenchies or NVA (regular Army of North Vietnam) in "American Phase" of Vietnam war.

Why would this be called a UAV and not a cruise missile. Can it return to base if need be? Or perform other missions?

Well we could refer to a cruise missile as an Unmanned aerial vehicle if we wanted, because technically that was it is. It's all just semantic. I would not get bogged down on definition. if we had to create a difference, we could talk about propulsions systems, i.e most UAVs in use utilise piston engines whereas all "cruise missiles" use jet engine.

2000km? does it run on air? not big enough to carry the fuel, the equipment and the explosive to reach even 200km

Since the 80's Iran has been one of pioneers in UAV technology. During the recent days in a large scale drill, we have seen many new UAVs ranging from helicopter launched UAVs to micro swarm UAVs. One of the most important of these UAVs which has been successfully tested is the "Arash" suicide UAV with a range of over 2000km, with some variants even going up to 4000km. Arash is able to be programmed and work without the use of satellite navigation i.e GPS and is protected against e-warfare. Some variants are equipped with seekers to be used as an anti-radiation system i.e against enemy radars. Other important aspects to this UAV is the application of Radar absorbing coating to reduce RCS.

View attachment 704999

View attachment 704998

What makes such systems extremely deadly is the capability they deliver for their relatively low price as compared with something like a cruise missile. Moreover, these systems can be produced relatively easily in the 1000's. Presumably Iran would be willing to export these to friendly nations, if so, they would be a nightmare for an opposing side.

foreigners dont know anything about this, yet already talk with jealous skepticism. Is your country making this or testing this or in possession of it? No. How can u tell about its effectiveness other than just being speculative? Too bad ur country is so far behind in terms of indigenous military production. KEEP UP THE WAR MACHINE, MIGTY PERSIA.
You got autism or what? Every post looks a 10 year old arguing about his daddy bigger than the other kid’s daddy.

Since the 80's Iran has been one of pioneers in UAV technology. During the recent days in a large scale drill, we have seen many new UAVs ranging from helicopter launched UAVs to micro swarm UAVs. One of the most important of these UAVs which has been successfully tested is the "Arash" suicide UAV with a range of over 2000km, with some variants even going up to 4000km. Arash is able to be programmed and work without the use of satellite navigation i.e GPS and is protected against e-warfare. Some variants are equipped with seekers to be used as an anti-radiation system i.e against enemy radars. Other important aspects to this UAV is the application of Radar absorbing coating to reduce RCS.

View attachment 704999

View attachment 704998

What makes such systems extremely deadly is the capability they deliver for their relatively low price as compared with something like a cruise missile. Moreover, these systems can be produced relatively easily in the 1000's. Presumably Iran would be willing to export these to friendly nations, if so, they would be a nightmare for an opposing side.

LOL typical Iranian propaganda.

This drone wont even go beyond 100KM range since its wings are almost non existent compared to drones with 1000+ km range.
And then god knows how jamming resistant or how effective the seeker is at such high range.

These long range drones are very effective even though they are very slow flying (100-200kmph). The drones barely fly above the ground which makes detecting them almost impossible.

SAM systems are blind for objects that fly a few hundred feet/meters above ground.

2000km? does it run on air? not big enough to carry the fuel, the equipment and the explosive to reach even 200km

I wouldnt rule it out. Iran has access to turbo engines that can be used in drones/cruise missiles. Judging from the size the warhead also is def less than 100kg. The drone would def be slow moving though within the 100-200kmph range. Thus yes 2000km range would be achievable.

Such ranges are easily achievable for UAVs. piston powered UAVs can travel for many hours. For example, this Iranian UAV called Kaman has an entrance of 12 hours and travels at 400km/h and it is similar size of this Kian. Do basic mathematics and calculate how far it could travel.

1610212217978.png

These long range drones are very effective even though they are very slow flying (100-200kmph). The drones barely fly above the ground which makes detecting them almost impossible.

SAM systems are blind for objects that fly a few hundred feet/meters above ground.

The problem with this drone is it has tiny wings which will not be effective at low level unless its travelling at 600-800 km/hr..

LOL typical Iranian propaganda.
This drone wont even go beyond 100KM range since its wings are almost non existent compared to drones with 1000+ km range.

Stop embarrassing yourself. What do wings have to do with range of this UAV? When was the last time you saw a cruise missile? And this suicide UAV travels far slower than a cruise missiles.

That's means brother piston engine variant has lesser range than microjet one???

It depends on the efficiency of the microjet they use, however given the large ranges we have been hearing from 2000-4000km, these are piston powered systems. Here you're sacrificing speed for range. Also, keep in mind that piston powered systems would be easier and cheaper to produce. These systems can be produced in very large numbers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom