What's new

Mass Graves of Sikhs killed in 1984 Sikh Genocide discovered after 26 years.

The fact remains that sikhs did not get justice yet. The point that it was not a hindu vs sikh violence is hardly of any consolation to the victims.
Secondly:
Not many sikhs condemn the murder of Indira Gandhi by their bodyguards. Riots do not wash away the wrongs that the body guards did.

The body guards killed just ONE person. The rioters killed thousands of Sikhs. now do you call it washing wrong done by a bodyguard ?

if Sikhs dont condemn the killing of Indira does it mean they should be killed enmass ? Gandhi was killed by Hindu fanatics how many Hindus were killed as revenge for that ?

About khalistanis: They were reported as militants before. Now militant/terrorists.

Ok good atleast someone clarified it a bit. Reported by whom? what is your view of those who supported/support or will support these Sikhs?? will you classify them as terrorists or supporter of freedom fighters ?

All the Bhartiye origin religions/sects such as arya samaj , followers of sant Ravidas, sant kabirdas ,sant Valmiki, jains(followers of bhagwan mahavir), followers of mahatma buddh, sikhs, followers of bhagwan Ram , followers of Bhagwan Krishan, sant kalidas , sant namdev, sant surdas, sant ramanand, sant jaidev, bhagwan shiva and many many more are broadly classified as Hindu religion.

Further more, please don’t take my words as the followers of the above said sants follow only their respective sants.

Pakistan was responsible for the bloodshed through their support to militants. You are hardly in any position to take this to the UN, not when your own Sikhs are moving to India.

The last time we saw it was Indian army who conducted killing of Sikhs, raiding Golden Temple and the last time we saw it was Hindu mobs who killed thousands of Sikhs in 84.

All the Bhartiye origin religions/sects such as arya samaj , followers of sant Ravidas, sant kabirdas ,sant Valmiki, jains(followers of bhagwan mahavir), followers of mahatma buddh, sikhs, followers of bhagwan Ram , followers of Bhagwan Krishan, sant kalidas , sant namdev, sant surdas, sant ramanand, sant jaidev, bhagwan shiva and many many more are broadly classified as Hindu religion.

Further more, please don’t take my words as the followers of the above said sants follow only their respective sants.

That is what Hindus consider not Sikhs. Ask Sikhs if they consider themselves as Hindus or a separate faith.

The last time we saw it was Indian army who conducted killing of Sikhs, raiding Golden Temple and the last time we saw it was Hindu mobs who killed thousands of Sikhs in 84.

Oh please get off this high morality ground, would you?

It's like me shedding tears for those Pashtuns in waziristan who's getting hammered by PA.

Two different things and topics. nowhere the forum rules stop us from discussing an issue here.

No the forum rules dont stop you.But we all know with what intention you guys are arguing here. Lets not pretend about it and think we are fools not to know that :disagree:

Was it not that worthless excuse of a leader, Benazir Bhutto, who dobbed in the Sikh ringleaders?

Indian army did what was necessary..just like, what your army did in Lal Masjid not 3 yrs back.

That report only says Supreme court is against reservation in religious lines.

Reservation is completely different issue. Sikhs are not a Hindu cast neither their consider themselves as. Sikhs hardly go for poverty related reservations. The Supreme Court ruling clearly commented on classification of casts and terming Sikhs as a sub-cast of Hinduism though the case was about reservations but the verdict clearly mentioned that Sikhs are not a separate faith according to the same article 25 of Indian Constitution .

Abir this is very tricky. If Sikhs are separate faith followers then why uptill now Sikh Marriage law is not passed by India ?

Indian army did what was necessary..just like, what your army did in Lal Masjid not 3 yrs back.

that is the not subject of my debate. its your army, your people and your country and you have the right to use it. i was only replying to your member's comment on Pakistan blaming us for bloodbath of Sikhs.

Reservation is completely different issue. Sikhs are not a Hindu cast neither their consider themselves as. Sikhs hardly go for poverty related reservations. The Supreme Court ruling clearly commented on classification of casts and terming Sikhs as a sub-cast of Hinduism though the case was about reservations but the verdict clearly mentioned that Sikhs are not a separate faith according to the same article 25 of Indian Constitution .

Abir this is very tricky. If Sikhs are separate faith followers then why uptill now Sikh Marriage law is not passed by India ?

The issue happened when Sikhs were asking for minority status in Punjab, it's like Bengalis asking minority status in Bengal. I mean if religious based reservation is allowed, why not linguistic based as well!

By policy we trying to abolish the existing ones, Hindu marriage act and Muslim marriage act, there should be one uniform act for all religions.

What happen,believe or not the name'Amritsar gold temple' in chinese and riot affairs of sikh in that decade came to my mind last night.
At that time when I was a middle school student the reports about sikh riots and Amritsar gold temple were on Chinese TV almost every night.
In chinese old view sikh is a nation different from major part of Indian nation.Now we see the PM of India is a sikh and acknowledge that sikh is a part of Hindu nation.

Back
Top Bottom