What's new

Maritime war between France and Italy in Egypt!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Only the Scalp naval is not included.. everything else is:

Read the full article till the end if something is not included they say it explicitly inside parenthesis
http://www.navalanalyses.com/2014/07/aquitaine-class-fremm-frigates-of.html
And this is what can be done to replace the Scalp naval:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]» The Egyptian Navy could have made the request to replace the 16x Sylver A70 with a second row of A50 model in order to deploy up to 32x ASTER 15 SAM.[/FONT]

» For commonality with its four future Gowind corvettes, the Egyptian Navy may have requested to replace the A70 VLS with A43 model: The FREMM would then be fitted with 16x VLS cells similar to those fitted on its corvettes and would therefore be able to launch up to 16x VL MICA missiles in addition to the 16x ASTER 15.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]» [/FONT]An even cheaper alternative of course would be to leave the 16x A70 cells in place since they can launch ASTER 15 missiles as well. The Egyptian Navy FREMM would then be able to deploy up to 32x ASTER 15.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...remm-frigate-plus-some-technical-details.html
As well as other cruise missiles that are MTCR compliant..[/FONT]
So what I'm getting from this is Scalp is not included but which ones will? Aster 15 is inferior to ESSM I have to admit and the ship lacks a CIWS. In my opinion the VL Mica won't them that much because of the lack of range and how it is much more suited for small ships. Overall it has good numbers in terms of missiles if that information is correct.

So what I'm getting from this is Scalp is not included but which ones will? Aster 15 is inferior to ESSM I have to admit and the ship lacks a CIWS. In my opinion the VL Mica won't them that much because of the lack of range and how it is much more suited for small ships. Overall it has good numbers in terms of missiles if that information is correct.
They can keep the VLS for Scalp naval and use other cruise missiles that are on the market and are MTCR compliant (300 Km range).. or use more Aster-15 or better yet Aster-30.. the solutions are there.. and one of these options will be taken..

only 415 of SOM Cruise Missiles are enough to destroy Egyptian+Greek and other Navies combined
and 150km J600T and 165km ATACMS and 280km KHAN Tactical Ballistic Missiles can burn military targets in Greece and Greek Islands

-- also Turkish Airforce has 50 of 270km AGM-84 SLAM-ER Cruise Missiles ( land attack/anti ship ) and 90 of 150 km AGM-88 HARM anti radiation Missiles and 97 POPEYE Cruise Missiles and Turkey has developed its own 110km KGK Smart Bomb

and 6 CASA CN235 and 6 ATR-72 ASW Aircrafts and 23 S70B Seahawk ASW Helicopters armed with MK-54 Torpedos and 35km PINGUEN Anti Ship Missiles

-- also 8 OHP + 4 MEKO-200II + 4 MILGEM class Frigates and 4 ADA class Corvettes and 22 FACs and 8 Type209 class Submarines armed with 416 of HARPOON and ATMACA Anti ship Missiles

-- also There will be Mobile Coastal Defense System variant of 220+ km ATMACA Anti Ship Missiles to block Eastern Mediternean

-- and 8 OHP + 4 MEKO-200II + 4 MILGEM class Frigates armed with 864 of ESSM and SM-1 Air Defense Missiles
and 250-400km S-400 Air Defense System and F-16C/D Fighter Jets armed with 283 of 74km AIM-120B and 120km AIM-120C7 Air to Air Missiles to block Eastern Mediternean

even I am not talking about upcoming game changer weapons such as

-- 100 of F-35A stealth Fighter Jets armed with SOM-J Cruise Missiles and AIM-120C7 Air to Air Missile
-- TAI HURJET light attack Jet and AKINCI UCAV armed with SOM Cruise Missile
-- MIUS stealth UCAV armed with SOM Cruise Missile
-- 4 of Airborne stand off Jammer Aircrafts
-- 1.000+ km BORA Ballistic Missile and GEZGIN land-naval based Cruise Missile
-- HISAR-A , HISAR-O and SIPER low-medium-high altitude Air Defense Systems
-- 22km GOKDOGAN and 65km BOZDOGAN Air to Air Missiles
-- Land based variant of GOKTUG Air to Air Missile ( similar to French VL MICA )
-- RAMJET powered supersonic anti ship Missile
-- 4 TF-2000 class Destroyers
-- 6 Type214TN class AIP Submarines
-- 2 Amphibious Assault Ships with F-35B Fighter Jets

also 4 Boeing E7-T AEWC , 600km EIRS Early Warning AESA Radars and KORAL Radar Electronic Warfare System

Egypt and Greece never can stand against the Turkish Armed Forces in the Eastern Mediterranean

Last edited:
The French will get the contract. France will finance its Fremm which Italy wouldn’t.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom