What's new

Italy, Egypt To Sign Mega Arms Deal Includes 24 Eurofighters, 24 M346 Trainers and 6 Frigates

If the EAF's intention is to replace the old Mirage 2000s with them, then it's perfectly fine. It's actually a good benefit against an enemy than having the same aircraft for that special unit which operates on its own almost all the time.

There are also other strategic elements to think of and that is maybe the EAF is thinking of being able to operate much more effectively with Saudi Arabia and its Typhoons within the coalition and all the Red Sea NEOM projects. This could be a major reason for the choice while replacing the old Mirage 2000s at the same time.

If you really break down the differences, the EFT is different in the sense that the canards are used more as moving surfaces or forward horizontal stabilizers while the Rafale's canards are active close-coupled surfaces that control the movement of air over the wings. Operating cost of EFT is much less than Rafale as well as its RCS is lower, but that last part is not 100% verifified.
Then just replace French mirages with French rafales already bought for air force haven't you
Both euro fighter and rafales are of same category multi role delta canard MCA
You could also customise the most suitable platform per your needs more economical then buying two similar jets in the long run

The most obvious reason for buying both is kickbacks
Group a got connections with French

Group b also wanna make $$ so makes another deal with Italians
First you must fight with India and conquer Kashmir then you can teach us about balls
Already holding onto 40% of Kashmir since 48 sonny and infiltrating Indian occupied Kashmir which as those chumps said killing em with a 1000 cuts

And also giving em bloody nose when they try to retaliate as we did to em on 27 Feb 19
When did you had the balls to claim all the Egyptian territories Israel still holding west bank Gaza
Oh wait you retracted your claim these are no longer Egyptian lands ;)

Last edited:
Then just replace French mirages with French rafales already bought for air force haven't you
Both euro fighter and rafales are of same category multi role delta canard MCA
You could also customise the most suitable platform per your needs more economical then buying two similar jets in the long run

The most obvious reason for buying both is kickbacks
Group a got connections with French

Group b also wanna make $$ so makes another deal with Italians

Kickbacks and all that stuff is just subjective claims. No proof except to make a point and insult a legitimate army trying to become modern and as strong as possible. With all due respect, our military nowadays is not making deals like some corrupt entity.

What we've seen since Sisi's tenure as president is unprecedented and every single item bought (including the 2 mistrals) has had specific purposes, contrary to a certain former member's constant criticism of repeating the same mistakes.

The rapid modernization is across the board, not just the air force. And no, we don't know if the Typhoons are actually purchased yet. They claimed to be part of this mega deal but with the recent order of 30 Rafales that came out of nowhere, that might alter the Typhoon order and they might just take them out and replace them with either another FREMM or whatever. But something tells me that since the Aeromacchi M-346 is a pretty much done deal as part of the package, I expect the Typhoons to also be in there because there is a strong history of RSAF and the EAF working together, be it in Yemen or Red Sea oil production and the huge NEOM project that will take place and because our F-16s weren't filled with all the goodies that the Saudi F-15s and UAE F-16 blck52s had, there was a problem with Egypt's effectiveness. So I can almost guarantee that if they are part of this purchase, it's to strengthen the EAF's role in the coalition via commonality with the RSAF Typhoons. And retire the last few left Mirage 2ks.

Hey, you and I can counter each other's points until we're blue in the face lol. Let's see if they make the deal since it should be a matter of weeks or less before we find out as they are in the very last stages of agreeing on the contract. If they get them, we can get into serious detail of the aircraft's makeup and how the EAF will use them and compare them extensively to the Rafales etc. If not, we can look forward to these bad Larries flying over the Pyramids for @Lord Of Gondor pleasure. :-)

1620785743510.png

That's right, I did forget about that. It seems like the Typhoon might've been the better option from the start, but I think the RBE2 AESA radar made the difference plus the whole price on the package deal with the naval ships etc.

But please clarify your post on the difference between the RBE2 on the first batch of 24 Rafales compared to the newer RBE2 on this new contract. Are you saying the original RBE2 on the first batch were not AESA but this new batch will be? I hope that's not what you meant because I'm positive that was not the case. This newer one has more modules and is just a slighter improvement of the first one. But there is no doubt the first 24 Rafales came with the RBE2 AESA radar.

I think the MICAs and MBDA and the ToT on the corvettes made the difference between the Raffy or Typhoon. Otherwise, perhaps the Typhoon might've been a better option for the main procurement of fighter jets. Just thinking our loud.
I never said it was not the AESA on the first batch..lol
Where did you get that?

There was a post on the Egyptian Armed Forces thread where I was clarifying the difference between the former RBE2 PESA (that was on the Rafale much before the Egyptian first deal that had the AESA) and the RBE2 AESA.. in range.... check the post before mine.. where the guy was talkig about 140 km range of the Rafale Radar..

BTW.. don't you think that the Typhon with this antiship capability should be dedicated to the EN..??
When a Sortie of just 2 Typhoons will make a sweep of a full navy formation!

Typhoon With 6 MARTE ER 100++ km range
033_visita_4_stormo_delegazione_kuwait_27-11-2018-1.jpg

Or 3 AGM-84 Harpoon missiles

Typhoon with Harpoons - BAE Systems

Already holding onto 40% of Kashmir since 48 sonny and infiltrating Indian occupied Kashmir which as those chumps said killing em with a 1000 cuts

And also giving em bloody nose when they try to retaliate as we did to em on 27 Feb 19
When did you had the balls to claim all the Egyptian territories Israel still holding west bank Gaza
Oh wait you retracted your claim these are no longer Egyptian lands ;)
Where did you learn your history and geography???
West bank and Gaza are now Egyptian or Palestinian land..

So pls retract your own uneducated claims..

Last edited:
I never said it was not the AESA on the first batch..lol
Where did you get that?

There was a post on the Egyptian Armed Forces thread where I was clarifying the difference between the former RBE2 PESA (that was on the Rafale much before the Egyptian first deal that had the AESA) and the RBE2 AESA.. in range.... check the post before mine.. where the guy was talkig about 140 km range of the Rafale Radar..

BTW.. don't you think that the Typhon with this antiship capability should be dedicated to the EN..??

Typhoon With 6 MARTE ER 100++ km range
033_visita_4_stormo_delegazione_kuwait_27-11-2018-1.jpg

Or 3 AGM-84 Harpoon missiles

Typhoon with Harpoons - BAE Systems

Where did you learn your history and geography???
West bank and Gaza are now Egyptian or Palestinian land..

So pls retract your own uneducated claims..
So Gaza wasn't Egyptian territory prior 1967 war ???

Last edited:

Ok I was just trying to clarify that you were talking about the older Rafales in L'armee to de li'ar and not the first batch on 24 EAF fighters, that's all. Your post was worded in a way that was a bit unclear to me.

My hope is that they replace the Mirage 2Ks with those 24 Typhoons. Keep the squadrons operating under their former duties plus the anti-ship role also since the Mirages were doing that as well with Exocet missiles. Hide them as much as possible and like them somehow to Saudi's Typoons so they don't run into that problem of data sharing that they had and basically told the EAF to just resort to recon activities. This way, participation in the coalition can be much deadlier. I wouldn't mind seeing them fly alongside Rafales once in a while but let them create a special operations unit out of them that is separate from all the other aircraft. I think that is an excellent strategy, but that's just me.

Let's just hope the don't put that gorish Tayhya Mirs on the side of the Typhoon fuselages and ruins their beautiull and aesthetically pleasing look. That was the worst decision they made and I was hoping it was temporary but doesn't seem so.

1620874540124.png

Ok I was just trying to clarify that you were talking about the older Rafales in L'armee to de li'ar and not the first batch on 24 EAF fighters, that's all. Your post was worded in a way that was a bit unclear to me.

My hope is that they replace the Mirage 2Ks with those 24 Typhoons. Keep the squadrons operating under their former duties plus the anti-ship role also since the Mirages were doing that as well with Exocet missiles. Hide them as much as possible and like them somehow to Saudi's Typoons so they don't run into that problem of data sharing that they had and basically told the EAF to just resort to recon activities. This way, participation in the coalition can be much deadlier. I wouldn't mind seeing them fly alongside Rafales once in a while but let them create a special operations unit out of them that is separate from all the other aircraft. I think that is an excellent strategy, but that's just me.

Let's just hope the don't put that gorish Tayhya Mirs on the side of the Typhoon fuselages and ruins their beautiull and aesthetically pleasing look. That was the worst decision they made and I was hoping it was temporary but doesn't seem so.

View attachment 743187
I respect your opinion.. still thinking about the UAE Mirage 2k-9 that are yet to come.. maybe to replace or supplement the Egyptian Mirage 2k special missions unit..

HaHaHa..It is temporary.. in case of conflict that won't appear on the Rafale nor the Typhoon..
The EAF is proud of its Rafale and uses it to say Tahya Misr..High and loud in the sky..

Last edited:
First you must fight with India and conquer Kashmir then you can teach us about balls
We have balls to shot down indian fughter jets whenever they tried to cross the LOC and killing indians is a routine job for PA at LOC. Million dollar question is does egypt have balls to show solidarity with palestinians in this difficult times and protect al aqsa mosque. What a losers arabs have become. once a loser always a loser. BTW half of the kashimir have already been conquered while titsy bitsy israel is screwing arabs everyday and the so called mighty ball less egypt is one of them.

We have balls to shot down indian fughter jets whenever they tried to cross the LOC and killing indians is a routine job for PA at LOC. Million dollar question is does egypt have balls to show solidarity with palestinians in this difficult times and protect al aqsa mosque. What a losers arabs have become. once a loser always a loser. BTW half of the kashimir have already been conquered while titsy bitsy israel is screwing arabs everyday and the so called mighty ball less egypt is one of them.
Shot down aircraft in clashs not enough capture the Kashmir then tell us about it
Wher are Pakistanis when Indians kill Kashmiri people?
You and India have nukes
But we have not and Israel have
If you can't understand the reality of world I can't teach you

See my friend.. The Usraeli fighter jets don't even dare to cross the borders..that is a big difference when talking about balls..HaHaHa..

You forgot the F-18..
That's in US navy their too two separate category jets first mid weight f18 heavy weight f14
Then when they made bigger version of f18 super hornet they retired f14
And now have fourth generation f18 and fifth generation f35
Separate category jets not two jets of same category

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom