What's new

Maoists Getting Stronger In India

Are you high?!!

Mate unless you can provide some imperial data that The Moasits are gaining ground in India please keep quiet.

Empirical you mean, I think the spell-check on your web browser made a mistake there.

It does that to me too sometimes.

Are you high?!!

Mate unless you can provide some imperial data that The Moasits are gaining ground in India please keep quiet.

Read the damn article.

Btw a gunfight reported today between Maoists and Indians

Oh I see. They made an announcement that they didn't do it. That's how Maoists "strongly stood behind India" when 26/11 happened. I should have made such an announcement too, if that's what counts. By the way Pakistan too made such announcements, as did hafiz saeed and the lashkar e toiba. Guess they all strongly stood behind India.

It would be particularly bad for a nation called India. But then we don't have to worry about such a scenario, because they can get as strong as they want in their hidey holes in the forests. They will never come out of the forests thanks to our CRPF and state police forces. And even in the forests, the COBRAs are picking them out one by one every day of the week. A bunch of thugs who kill the odd policemen and a few tribals every now and then - that is what they have been reduced to. To call them insurgents is a gross insult to insurgents everywhere.

Again comparing their movement to foreign is completely incorrect. Ask yourself why are they able to mobilize so much support in India from all classes from the Untouchables to the highly educated? I think you are kind of confused. They pose a threat of course but really for whom?

How many of you have seen Chakravyooh, Paan Singh Tomar, Fizaa etc ?

I can give you endless list of movies who are made on Indian social evils, internal conflicts and even against God.

The violent Maoists are loosing ground. In recent years there is a shift in Maoist movement. Actually now the people who are joining the cause are those who are educated and want to work for poor, oppressed people against the state by fair, political and non-violent means.

Telling you guys from personal experience.

Thank you. You have a lot of morons on this post who have no clue what they are talking about. Intellectuals have supported this movement from the very beginning. Our politicans and govt has been the main cause of this.

I don't see any actual EVIDENCE to that backs up the absurd claims that the Moaists are getting stronger! By all accounts they are on the back foot they have been decimated and the movement is in its last days.

Come on guy. ULFA, Kashmiri separatists, and a host of other fighters have not been completely routed. What makes you think otherwise. Of course they will change their tactics to suit the present environment. It called guerilla tactics for a reason.

CRPF and police faced casualties in earlier days because of their poor training. But now CRPF is giving special training to counter these moist. And CRPF has access to any kind of weapons.
One guy said about dress. Well You should see COBRA latest dress and their formal dress that they wear in HQ. I wanted to troll on dress but leave it, don't want to hurt your feelings.

About Chakravyooh movie, Well some things are true and some not. Police never get involved in operation. They send some small rank officers only. There are too many things to say but you do not need to know.
About Moist problem- Moist problem is not increasing. Even we have reduced casualties to a low level.Operating in forest is not a easy task. This is the most dangerous place in India. We do not want to hurry up and face much casualties. So you can understand why it is taking too much time to clear these Moist.

Of course training and weapons is a problem. It always has been. We expect our soldiers, police and para miitary to fight to with the least amount of prep. Nothing new about an indifferent govt that does nothing but appoint Z security for their own. Maoists don;t wear an uniform. They dont stand out in the open. They blend in wherever, whenever. You state they are not in cities. How would you or anyone know? Do you know they have operatives in almost every major corporation and govt? This is not a foreign movement. This is a movement started by Indians only who rose up the against challenges posed by lack of justice, corrupt officials and a govt that did nothing for decades.

where did it say that naxlas are getting stronger..i'm from andhra pradesh...trust me..they wet their pants listening to the words"grey hounds".today its almost nill in a.p..
"Fatalities data also reflects remarkable shifts. From a peak of 1,005 Maoist-related fatalities in 2010 according to MHA data (1,180 according to SATP), total fatalities in 2011 had dropped sharply to 606 (602). The most dramatic decline was recorded in West Bengal, which had emerged, abruptly, as the State with the highest number of incidents and fatalities in 2010, according to SATP data, with killings dropping from 258 (425) in 2010 to just 41 (53) in 2011."
India Maoist Assessment 2012

i've also seen bhoot..so u say they exist...theyre just movies..

You mean the same greyhounds that they decimated in a sneak attack before? Listen, we had to call the army in for support. This could not be tackled by our police and para for a variety of reasons. Im sure certain elements in Maoists movement are corrupt but what is not to say our on govt has planted some of these acts to malign the movement. It is a very classic move.

I dont hope or wish for anymore violence but the only way to truly crush this movement is to listen to the problems they have experienced and give them justice. Look at those gov;ts where they operate the most. Some of those govts in the past have represented the worst in goverance. Its a no brainer why they took to arms

Thank you. You have a lot of morons on this post who have no clue what they are talking about. Intellectauals have supported this movement from the very beginning. Our politicans and govt has been the main cause of this.
Actually if you talk to these intellectuals, many of them are so convincing in their argument that its easy to understand how people are now following them. I have spent time with few of these and its a good debate to have with them over this issue.

I would rather support these people who wants to bring change in peaceful and democratic way by educating people and showing them who important their vote is so that they can choose better leaders. The violent Maoists are actually not supported by these people as they think violence is detrimental to their cause.

Most of these intellectuals are doctors, engineers, teachers, MBA degree holders from good institutes etc. who have taken this path to educate the masses for their basic rights.

You mean the same greyhounds that they decimated in a sneak attack before? Listen, we had to call he army in for support. This could not be tackled by our police and para for a variety of reasons. Im sure certain elements in Moaists movement are corrupt but what is not to say our on govt has planted some of these acts to malign the movement. It is a very classic move.

i dont hope or wish for anymore violence but the only way to truly crush this movement is to listen to the problems they have experienced and give them justice. Look at those gov;ts where they operate the most. Some of those govts in the past have represented the worst in goverance. Its a non brainer why they took to arms
In many areas, government has taken some initiative where they provide education, vocational trainings, employment and also carry out rehabilitation programs for surrendered Maoists. Its a two prong strategy, helping the new generation and surrendered ones while increasing the security. At many places this has results in good outcome. Hope government understand all their grievances.

Problem is that people don't try to find reason why these people have picked up guns ? The major factor that is evident in our society is that we don't look at bad conditions in any area which creates so much discontent among the local population that for their rights, they often pick up arms. Now I know violence is not the solution but I also know the reason behind it.

Rest of India don't understand it. They think, Oh, they are oppressed, who isn't ? This indifference is the main cause for growing rebellion of these oppressed people. When State takes away your land, your fields and if you are not offered a better alternate or no compensation and then State sends security forces to throw these people out of their homes, what will happen ? Of course they will pick arms. One of the arguments given by one of Maoists supporter was that If CRPF forces comes to your village with sure aim to kill you, what choice we have than to pick up the arms and fight.

I know many Indians won't understand my point as it doesn't sound rational to them, but if you look at ground reality and understand these people, you will find its not that tough to convince people to pick guns to fight for their rights.

if they are killing one terrorists with 5 innocent children and women it means they are creating 25 more terrorists.

Poking here means in internal matters of your all neighboring countries.

Yes agree its not justification but revenge is also bad part of our society. at that moment we forget who right and whats right,

The part about innocents is true.

Well every country pokes its nose citing strategic or security reasons.

Education is the key here as the society gets more educated it will get enlightened, unless those in power manipulate the masses. I say this because even educated masses aren't invulnerable to manipulation.

Actually if you talk to these intellectuals, many of them are so convincing in their argument that its easy to understand how people are now following them. I have spent time with few of these and its a good debate to have with them over this issue.

I would rather support these people who wants to bring change in peaceful and democratic way by educating people and showing them who important their vote is so that they can choose better leaders. The violent Maoists are actually not supported by these people as they think violence is detrimental to their cause.

Most of these intellectuals are doctors, engineers, teachers, MBA degree holders from good institutes etc. who have taken this path to educate the masses for their basic rights.

In many areas, government has taken some initiative where they provide education, vocational trainings, employment and also carry out rehabilitation programs for surrendered Maoists. Its a two prong strategy, helping the new generation and surrendered ones while increasing the security. At many places this has results in good outcome. Hope government understand all their grievances.

I agree violence is not the answer but I also understand why they chose that path as the govt was not sincere in its efforts. I think with MMS acknowledging the problem he has in fact pushed more momentum to solve this problem properly. I mean, I can honestly say while this govt is not perfect MMS under his control has done as much as he can to make things rights from decades of incompetence. I am neither pro Congress or BJP.....I simply want effective rulers who have the merit and the a bility to get things done.

Intellectuals have been attracted to the Maoists because they have seen what the actual ground realities are. It was a planned move to cut down on violence on focus on peaceful methods. At least they have a govt more willing to hear them out. So when folks point out violence going down due to increased security, I have to point out that it is the combined efforts on both sides.

The violent Maoists are actually not supported by these people as they think violence is detrimental to their cause

i agree with that. I have seen ppl who support the movement, shy away from it due to the harm it caused on both sides.

The main issue is that our most ppl are not educated to fully utilize democracy to their benefit. THese past gov;ts wanted it that way, it served them better. I mean there are limits on criminals running for office, no laws stopping politicans from engaging insider trading, etc. Yet, when ppl are starving and contemplating where their next meal will come, its hard for them to focus or even understand the importance of choosing a great candidate. THat;s why I tip my hat to those intellectuals who work to uplift the poor. They are our ppl, we need to take care of them so they make India the best.

I never forget Einstein started out quite poor and thru luck was able to get access to some math and physic txtbooks. I feel India has many Einsteins but their potential is never realized due to their extreme poverty, family situation and injustices.

Of course training and weapons is a problem. It always has been. We expect our soldiers, police and para miitary to fight to with the least amount of prep. Nothing new about an indifferent govt that does nothing but appoint Z security for their own. Maoists don;t wear an uniform. They dont stand out in the open. They blend in wherever, whenever. You state they are not in cities. How would you or anyone know? Do you know they have operatives in almost every major corporation and govt? This is not a foreign movement. This is a movement started by Indians only who rose up the against challenges posed by lack of justice, corrupt officials and a govt that did nothing for decades.
Good post mate. Couldn't have put better myself. Hope people will look at other side of the story too.

You mean the same greyhounds that they decimated in a sneak attack before? Listen, we had to call the army in for support. This could not be tackled by our police and para for a variety of reasons. Im sure certain elements in Maoists movement are corrupt but what is not to say our on govt has planted some of these acts to malign the movement. It is a very classic move.

I dont hope or wish for anymore violence but the only way to truly crush this movement is to listen to the problems they have experienced and give them justice. Look at those gov;ts where they operate the most. Some of those govts in the past have represented the worst in goverance. Its a no brainer why they took to arms

I didn't get the drift of this post, its true grey hounds suffered due to the sneak attack and this country lost some valuable defenders; are you rejoicing this incident?? your superb strategic thinking of planting corrupt elements among maoists is a no brainer. You think this is a movie where abhay deol fights two to three cops breaks the nose of sub inspector and becomes a maoist?? The intelligence network of these guys is so strong that they are always a step ahead of the Police. They aren't exactly seperated from outside news.

How many people have u spoken to who are from the insurgency hit areas?? Do u know the number of maoist supporters who live in Hyderabad capital of AP right near to the Assembly of the govt they fight??

Please don't pass high and mighty judgement without knowing the ground realities. Please read upon the effectiveness of maoists in Andhra Pradesh now from the internet to know how effective the grey hounds are, one setback for the grey hounds doesn't make them ineffective. Even today they (maoists) are careful when operating in areas with the greyhounds presence.

I didn't get the drift of this post, its true grey hounds suffered due to the sneak attack and this country lost some valuable defenders; are you rejoicing this incident?? your superb strategic thinking of planting corrupt elements among maoists is a no brainer. You think this is a movie where abhay deol fights two to three cops breaks the nose of sub inspector and becomes a maoist?? The intelligence network of these guys is so strong that they are always a step ahead of the Police. They aren't exactly seperated from outside news.

How many people have u spoken to who are from the insurgency hit areas?? Do u know the number of maoist supporters who live in Hyderabad capital of AP right near to the Assembly of the govt they fight??

Please don't pass high and mighty judgement without knowing the ground realities. Please read upon the effectiveness of maoists in Andhra Pradesh now from the internet to know how effective the grey hounds are, one setback for the grey hounds doesn't make them ineffective. Even today they (maoists) are careful when operating in areas with the greyhounds presence.

If you noticed my post was a response to Neehar. I wasn;t celebrating their death. I was pointing out we aren't as successful some think, at least back then. Greyhounds are alot better today due to the military helping them out. There was no superb strategic thinking involved. I was merely pointing out that the govt can do and will do certain things out of the ordinary to malign their movement. That being said I am fully aware Maosits were and are using violence. Im aware AP is a lot better now than it was before and I dont get my info from the net buddy, maybe you do. I think Maoists are careful operating anywhere with or without Greyhounds, isn;t that logical? And Im not saying the Greyhounds arenlt effective, I am saying there are lot more factors than the presence of armed security. Thats hasn;t stopped them before and it certainly won;t stop them in the future if that is thei perogative. YOu really have to see the entire world post 9/11. nations and ppl aren;t supporting armed movements like they wer eonce before. Times are changing and the Maoists see it is better to engage in a nonviolent manner. Thats might be a good reason why violence has come down. Ever think they may made a conscious effort to put down the gun temporarily, re group, re orient themsleves and see what might transpire from talking?

If you noticed my post was a response to Neehar. I wasn;t celebrating their death. I was pointing out we aren't as successful some think, at least back then. Greyhounds are alot better today due to the military helping them out. There was no superb strategic thinking involved. I was merely pointing out that the govt can do and will do certain things out of the ordinary to malign their movement. That being said I am fully aware Maosits were and are using violence. Im aware AP is a lot better now than it was before and I dont get my info from the net buddy, maybe you do. I think Maoists are careful operating anywhere with or without Greyhounds, isn;t that logical? And Im not saying the Greyhounds arenlt effective, I am saying there are lot more factors than the presence of armed security. Thats hasn;t stopped them before and it certainly won;t stop them in the future if that is thei perogative. YOu really have to see the entire world post 9/11. nations and ppl aren;t supporting armed movements like they wer eonce before. Times are changing and the Maoists see it is better to engage in a nonviolent manner. Thats might be a good reason why violence has come down. Ever think they may made a conscious effort to put down the gun temporarily, re group, re orient themsleves and see what might transpire from talking?

From the posts of yours in this thread i gathered u are supporting them ideologically atleast, if u say that u don't support their violent methods then fine with me. No i don't get my info from internet, i know people who worked there born there etc etc lets not get into some point scoring its not the issue here.

There is no way the govt can plant somebody among them, this thinking has already been done by the ones fighting them. You know about the point of maoists putting down arms etc u speak of , sometime back there were talks between Chandra Babu Naidu CM at that time and naxal groups. These talks happened and highlighted in Media as some breakthrough bla blah but the naxals used this chance to regroup and arm themselves as they were getting the living daylights knocked out of them at that time.

All i can say is this, the ideals morals and values which these groups believed in and operated upon have changed today. They are no longer the same.

From the posts of yours in this thread i gathered u are supporting them ideologically atleast, if u say that u don't support their violent methods then fine with me. No i don't get my info from internet, i know people who worked there born there etc etc lets not get into some point scoring its not the issue here.

There is no way the govt can plant somebody among them, this thinking has already been done by the ones fighting them. You know about the point of maoists putting down arms etc u speak of , sometime back there were talks between Chandra Babu Naidu CM at that time and naxal groups. These talks happened and highlighted in Media as some breakthrough bla blah but the naxals used this chance to regroup and arm themselves as they were getting the living daylights knocked out of them at that time.

All i can say is this, the ideals morals and values which these groups believed in and operated upon have changed today. They are no longer the same.

I just understand why they went the route they did. Its easy to say their ideals and morals have changed but I think certain elements in the top we may got corrupted with the wealth, wine, and women. I agree the talks may work or may not but either way they are going to re group and re arm. They are well trained to fight guerilla warfare and will use any advantage. The govt should make it seen that they are willing to do anything in public so that the Maoists are seen in a negative light if they choose fight rather than continue talks. Planting among them while difficult is not impossible it just requires a different train of thought. But all in all, I think this movement is different with regard to independence movements, Islamic/hindu terror, etc. its fought over class warfare. That is a huge issue

Back
Top Bottom