What's new

Many Bangladeshis have Turkic admixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are white people, not Bangladeshis.

Are you sure????

10985242_10152848617064807_4989339533584141595_n.jpg

Dude I get confused for Mexicans in the US....that does not mean Bengalis have Mexican blood too....variations are finite in a species...so it is natural that many people will look similar...so what??!

First even the lowest castes folks like marasis and heck even mussalis are in general lighter than bengalis, when I meant regular punjabi I mean jats, gujjars ,arains ,maliks , rajputs ie. and when you see darks amongst theses castes, still they look completely different than bengalis, for starters most have large longish noses , I have never met a bangali who had even a remotely long nose, hope you can spot the difference because I doubt it due to your comments on carlos quiroz who looks more like persian than he does northern punjabi ( who happen to be the lightest indic people) let alone a banglo lol.
Carlos Quieroz and Tony Meo can almost pass as Bangladeshis. Interesting they both sort of have an Iranid look. A few of those guys I showed yesterday of Bangladeshis on another site people thought they were from Central Asia/Eastern European region. The thing is there is a lot of misconception among Indians and Pakistanis about Bangladesh. They don't know the diversity of the country. And trust me, Quieroz and Meo are very close to passing. Tony Meo looks like one of my distant uncles. I asked my mum a few months back to guess where Quieroz was from without telling her who he was and his origins. She thought he was Bangladeshi but at the same time I can see some doubts on her face. She thought he vaguely looked Bangladeshi but at the same time I could tell she knew he was from elsewhere.

It's not always about skin colour, even though there are plenty of Bangladeshis with lighter skin tone. If you look at these Punjabis, although they are on the lighter side for South Asians they still look very Indian to me.

image.jpg

If you know your history you will know that Punjab and the Northwest region always had a very high proportion of lower castes. I have seen plenty of Pakistanis that almost look half black. Many Sikhs also seem heavily veddoid. I have seen plenty of Tamils that sort of can pass in Pakistan as well. For example, Aziz Ansari, the US based comedian of Tamil parentage, could easily pass as Pakistani.

Interestingly, a professional anthropologist spent several months in Bangladesh and came to the conclusion that majority of Bangladeshis were Indo-Aryans with localised admixture (whatever that means). He also went on to say that some looked European and some Asian (similar to Far East). When he says some looked European and some Asian, I don't think he means outright but rather similar. When I look at certain Europeans like Carlos Queiroz or Tony Meo I sort of think they could pass in Bangladesh.

People in Pakistani rural punjab look like these videos.

In this video you will see kid collecting money, he look very dalit type.

When British used to do caste based census, in Pakistan punjab districts these are % of different tribes.

Zamindar/agricultural tribes like jats, gujjars, rajputs, arains, awans: Around 50-55% of population.
Trading castes like khatris, aroras, muslims khoja, sheikh, syed and brahmins: 15-20%

So one can say 70% of rural area population in those times belonged to these tribes. And 30% belonged to artisans and menial wokers. Artisans are more diverse but menials were mostly dalits. Now punjab is even more diverse because of large numbers of muhajirs who moved in after 1947, mostly in large cities like Gujranwala, Lahore, Sialkot, rawalpindi, Faisalabad etc But in rural areas people are still same mostly.

Personally overall I think sylhetis look different to everyday bangladeshis.
Most of the people you originally posted we're from sylhet

Are you sure????

10985242_10152848617064807_4989339533584141595_n.jpg
I am very sure..

Carlos Quieroz and Tony Meo can almost pass as Bangladeshis. Interesting they both sort of have an Iranid look. A few of those guys I showed yesterday of Bangladeshis on another site people thought they were from Central Asia/Eastern European region. The thing is there is a lot of misconception among Indians and Pakistanis about Bangladesh. They don't know the diversity of the country. And trust me, Quieroz and Meo are very close to passing. Tony Meo looks like one of my distant uncles. I asked my mum a few months back to guess where Quieroz was from without telling her who he was and his origins. She thought he was Bangladeshi but at the same time I can see some doubts on her face. She thought he vaguely looked Bangladeshi but at the same time I could tell she knew he was from elsewhere.

It's not always about skin colour, even though there are plenty of Bangladeshis with lighter skin tone. If you look at these Punjabis, although they are on the lighter side for South Asians they still look very Indian to me.

View attachment 194758
The stupid smile of an Indian is a dead giveaway, facial expression is mostly sociology.

Personally overall I think sylhetis look different to everyday bangladeshis.
Most of the people you originally posted we're from sylhet
I agree. Many of us do look different while others not so much.

But to white people, South Asians and Middle Easterners generally look similar. I don't think they can distinguish the people easily, although some Middle Easterners to them probably look European. Just a few months ago a group of Bangladeshis were set on by white Australians because they mistook them for Lebanese. The Lebanese have a horrible reputation in Australia.

Last edited:
as far as i know,Pakistanis are the ancestors of all the people of south asia

View attachment 194758

I think Pakistani punjabis in rural areas look little different then Indian punjabis ones IMO. These are jats from Gujranwala rural area which is in northen part of central punjab. Just based on facial features and not skin tone i think Pakistanis in rural areas look little different. What do you think?

10924816_708338282619952_4915019583866831784_n.jpg

10258760_708337655953348_8084504643355029010_n.jpg

10419581_708338139286633_3911091521866528780_n.jpg

as far as i know,Pakistanis are the ancestors of all the people of south asia

Sach bat boli. :P

I've always thought many Pakistani Punjabis looked different to their Indian counterpart but some also similar. I detect Afghan and Persian like admixture in some Punjabi Pakistanis. Personally I can tell a Pakistani Punjabi from an Indian Punjabi more often than not.

Last edited:
I give you a simple question, why the peoples of Satkhira, Jheinaida, Jessore, Chuadanda, Chapai, Nawabganj, Rajshahi, Noagaon, Bogra, Joypurhat etc are so desperate against Awami Leaque and hence out and out anti-India ?????

Poverty lack of education, why not? Bihar of BD can be called these areas. Yes some were victims of riots in India. Religious retardness is such a thing which cant be cured so easily. JMB Bangla vai had huge support in these areas.

After independence many of them became the victim of Awami Leaque govt. Another thing I have observed among these people that either they support BNP or Jammat but never never support Awami Leaque.

Many of them supports AL. And most of them are pro BD. Happy with separation from Pak.

Most of the people of this region belongs to Afgan blood and more specific to "Sher Shah Suri". See their languages, " Ha jee,ami ki korbo, amar monta mane, hao sha ta mane na jee " ( What can I do ! I can hold my mind but can't control my sword ).

Yes we know different admixtures that is not a big deal. Never heard these types of tones of Bengalis. Not a big deal Sher Shah Suri expanded from Bengal.

@ You are saying that I am criminal minded ? How come ? "Na bhai eta thik na, mey bhohat hi shareef hu !". What ever I am saying is not complete bulshit. Definitely there is some truth in it.

Im telling some Bengalis are criminal minded. Who knows maybe you also. But agree on traits of Bengalis which may came from fugitives.

By the way who has done this genetical research and when ? Can we know that ? If it is done by the dada bhai then I have a doubt ?

Bangladeshi Muslims are almost similar to Assam and West Bengal Muslims. I dont have interest in these stuffs.
Just looked into these sources to see south Asian genetics.
Genetics and archaeogenetics of South Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blood genetic markers in Bengali Muslims of Bangladesh. - PubMed - NCBI

Lets see what more you see.

Last edited:
I've always thought many Pakistani Punjabis looked different to their Indian counterpart but some also similar. I detect Afghan and Persian like admixture in some Punjabi Pakistanis. Personally I can tell a Pakistani Punjabi from Indian Punjabi more often than not.

I don't know about afghan/persian admixture or possibly its ancient admixture. I think reason can be that 90% of Pakistani punjabis in rural areas are natives to west punjab aka current day Pak punjab.

I think Pakistani punjabis in rural areas look little different then Indian punjabis ones IMO. These are jats from Gujranwala rural area which is in northen part of central punjab. Just based on facial features and not skin tone i think Pakistanis in rural areas look little different. What do you think?

10924816_708338282619952_4915019583866831784_n.jpg

10258760_708337655953348_8084504643355029010_n.jpg

10419581_708338139286633_3911091521866528780_n.jpg

Sach bat boli. :P

Its difficult to say, the guy in the middle (in the above pictire) could pass of as a awan or tanoli from hazara, this type of look is not uncommon amongst jats from northern punjab and the potohar. it is not uncommon to find whole families with green eyes and olive skin amongst the zamindar tribes from these areas, heck I have relatives who even have blue eyes.
I know plenty of sikhs who if were clean shaven could pass of as chachi hindkowans so it is pretty difficult to differentiate.

View attachment 194758
Yes they look indian but they dont look bangla but how can you Tahsin possibly tell the difference if you believe that quiroz looks bengali. Honestly the other day i walked into a takeaway, one of the workers had a hat on so i was unable to see his hair, i assumed he was somali but then the afghan owner of the shop told me he was bengali. Just like somalis, bengalis have small flat noses and very dark skin (occasionally you find some with a yellowish colour due to burmese admixture) somalis tend to be a lot taller
I will be convinced that qeiroz looks bengali on on the day i see a flying pig

Its difficult to say, the guy in the middle (in the above pictire) could pass of as a awan or tanoli from hazara, this type of look is not uncommon amongst jats from northern punjab and the potohar. it is not uncommon to find whole families with green eyes and olive skin amongst the zamindar tribes from these areas, heck I have relatives who even have blue eyes.
I know plenty of sikhs who if were clean shaven could pass of as chachi hindkowans so it is pretty difficult to differentiate.

Yeah i already said only on average i have noticed differences, otherwise there is lot of overlap. I think its because most sikhs zamindars are natives of east punjab and most muslim punjabi zamindars in rural areas are natives of west punjab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom