What's new

Manmohan Singh talks tough, says 'there cannot be business as usual' with P

Even if she suspends...life goes on...after few years there will be another government..which will again restart...Only other option is full scale war...

So you mean to say..we dont/should not care about headless bodies of our soldiers arriving. We should not do anything. Life moves on. Wah. what an argument. You either did not read what I wrote about the possible steps than can be taken to put pressure on Pak without actually going to war or you did not understand them.

:lol:..paaji..seriously ? I dont think even MMS listens to what he speaks.

And talking of a woman as dickhead does not fit your profile.

Sir, I was not thinking of that woman specifically but all of the fools I have seen over the past few days who are trying to score cheap political points on the back of this issue. This is despicable behavior these people are indulging in and they aren't doing so for the good of India but themselves! This should have been a time when there was a united voice from the political class but instead,once again, the opposition took their title too literally and opposed the GoI just for the sake of it. What kind of morons are they? These people wold see India return to the stone age as long as they won an election and got into power.

Kargil war was exactly that "war". And it took place exactly after 1 month the NDA govt took power after 2 years of COngress suported United Front..so please talk sense.

So what? What did they do after that?? did they take same measures that u said??? like EU concessions, ADB?? No peace talk??

@Abingdonboy Buddy if you have any friend in Army, talk to him and ask him how he feels about our PM who took 6 days to condemn this incident and honor our soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, it took 6 days for PM to condemn this act. Did he not believe his army ? What was he waiting for ? Not a simple sentence in honor of soldiers and condemning the attack. Media gone hell bent, protests happened, all parties bashed them day and night, 2 army officials asked for govt. support, then he spoke.

This is the problem we have with PM. Read Salman Khurshid's statements after the incident and today. 180 degree turn.

We shouldn't stop peace process. Blah Blah Blah.
Today, No business as usual.

Govt. are supposed to take actions on a quick basis when situations are severe of this scale. Would you believe in this govt. if we are attacked ? A govt. who can't take systematic steps.

I agree that we should take steps with rationality. But rationality doesn't mean become indifferent and talk only when you are bashed over and over again.

See I am not a congress supporter or anything. Neither am I a great believer of democracy more so in India. What ruffled my feathers was the different approach towards the two speeches. I see them similar.

I agree that peace should be our focus (although we should present a tough stance and be ready for war if need arise) but warmongering at this moment is not what will diffuse the situation.

I saw the speech by the PM as the official stand of the GoI and not a political manifesto of any political party.

When Every one was pointing at increasing terrorism in india every one tried to blame UPA....now when they should take the credit.

Its the fact that NDA time terrorism increased very sharply...worst is parliment attack and kargil war. UPA-1 it continued...later after chidambaram performed great....Now u see the result...

Cannot look at the events in complete isolation from what happened around the world buddy, 9/11 brought the onus on terror and added pressure on pakistan from it's own dynamic political situation. Also if you could could you please inform me about the change in India's foriegn policy vis-a-vis pakistan with changing governments of Congress-UF-NDA-UPA1-UPA2, I have failed to see any as I have always seen it being formulated in the Central Secretariat instead of party headquarters.

In other words - We want peace even if Pakistan keeps on subverting, sabotaging, attacking, mocking, provoking Indians?

Yours is a dimwit argument.
You need a knowledge punishment, or, Foreign affairs subscription.
Lol

So what other option you suggest? As pointed out many times in this forum we have a lot to lose from a conflict then them. Opting for peace is the more logical thing.

Perhaps you weren't around when i advocated covert operations inside Pakistan. But is it sane to call for 10 pakistani heads.

By your logic, Ms. Sushma needs leadership lessons

@Abingdonboy Buddy if you have any friend in Army, talk to him and ask him how he feels about our PM who took 6 days to condemn this incident and honor our soldiers.

I've spoken to some of my contacts in the IA and they all say the same- they don't give two hoots what ANY politican has to say as they feel it is all lip-service, they are not idiots, they know no matter what PM was there or what government is in power Pakistan will keep doing what it is and India cannot do anything short of a war to stop it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you mean to say..we dont/should not care about headless bodies of our soldiers arriving. We should not do anything. Life moves on. Wah. what an argument. You either did not read what I wrote about the possible steps than can be taken to put pressure on Pak without actually going to war or you did not understand them.

I read..and i know what i was saying...
.But how long u will do?? How much will be loss for pak more than India? they them self stopped some trade...

I am sure army will retaliate some other day whenever they get chance...They said the same thing...

Steps what u said will lead to what? Nothing...

In my view full scale war is better than these steps...But unfortunately pak has nothing....its waste fighting a war against a country which is really at the bottom

So what? What did they do after that?? did they take same measures that u said??? like EU concessions, ADB?? No peace talk??

Kargil war is widely considered as military, diplomatic sucess for India considering that neither China nor America..Pakistan's staunchest allies came to its rescue nor any nation condemned India for military action. Rather India was widely praised for keeping the war within the limits and not escalating it.

Wait a minute....... MMS and TALK?!......MMS and TOUGH?!

WHO IS THAT GUY; AND WHAT HAS HE DONE WITH MANMOHAN? :blink: :blink: :blink:

So what other option you suggest? As pointed out many times in this forum we have a lot to lose from a conflict then them. Opting for peace is the more logical thing.

Perhaps you weren't around when i advocated covert operations inside Pakistan. But is it sane to call for 10 pakistani heads.

By your logic, Ms. Sushma needs leadership lessons

No....she just need to learn how to talk with dignity...she should start from basics...

They know easy way to get vote...just speak emotional things....l

She is the same lady who once said to shave her head if sonia becomes PM and later was shocked when her party had chance to select PM

Back
Top Bottom