What's new

Manmohan Singh talks tough, says 'there cannot be business as usual' with P

I fail to see the politics...only if national stand was that hard... remember Israel declaring war over kidnapped soldiers...

So, according to some members the speech by Sushma wasn't a political stunt but the official statement of the Hon'ble PM is a political stunt. I see hypocrisy here.

Same tactics used by Atal Bihari also....started a BUS,train what else....
Just count those terrorists attacks which were happening BEFORE NDA...and sharp increase @NDA and now....
Its not because of UPA smarty. Look at decrease in terrorist attacks and number of intrusion since 2001 when WoT started, increase in terrorist attacks in Pakistan.

Also, Indian Army strengthen its surveillance capabilities at borders with advance technologies.

Turmoil in Afghanistan is the main reason.

Talk is about the current govt which has been in power for 8 long years and about this PM who cannot see the bigger picture above his teenage crush for Pakistan.

And India has faced much more terrorist attacks under CONgress than under NDA. Thats a fact.

That is the people's fault and not Sushma's.

So, What MMS should have done in your opinion? Did opposition present any idea of what India should do?
What will they achive cancelling peace talks?

So, according to some members the speech by Sushma wasn't a political stunt but the official statement of the Hon'ble PM is a political stunt. I see hypocrisy here.

Whether or not he meant the words he spoke , we will see in a few months.

Going by past record, I dont think this is any different. As I said one or two months before he starts singing the "peace at any cost" tune again.

So, What MMS should have done in your opinion? Did opposition present any idea of what India should do?
What will they achive cancelling peace talks?

Suspend the peace talks, cancel any/all economic help/collaboration with Pak, announce some until the martyr's head is given back and is given the funeral. Then he could also announce some 'gifts' like few dozen APCs or guns to Afghanistan in the light of Indo-Afghan friendship..there are so many things.. In this time Pak needs peace at the eastern borders more than we need it. That is something this sardar does not seem to understand and does not use to extract the maximum mileage for India.

Going by past record, I dont think this is any different. As I said one or two months before he starts singing the "peace at any cost" tune again.

Similarly i see Sushma's words as political stunt.
and isn't peace the thing we all want? What do we stand by going to war? a war torn south asia.

Dont get me wrong... both BJP and congress leadership is toothless...When the soldiers are beheaded and parliament wants to trade onions and tomatoes, what solace does the nation has.... Enough of this nonsensical candy floss diplomacy... I say hell with it... dis engage completely, militarize the borders practically and then talk on kashmir first... rest can follow....

Its not because of UPA smarty. Look at decrease in terrorist attacks and number of intrusion since 2001 when WoT started, increase in terrorist attacks in Pakistan.

Also, Indian Army strengthen its surveillance capabilities at borders with advance technologies.

Turmoil in Afghanistan is the main reason.

When Every one was pointing at increasing terrorism in india every one tried to blame UPA....now when they should take the credit.

Its the fact that NDA time terrorism increased very sharply...worst is parliment attack and kargil war. UPA-1 it continued...later after chidambaram performed great....Now u see the result...

See, it took 6 days for PM to condemn this act. Did he not believe his army ? What was he waiting for ? Not a simple sentence in honor of soldiers and condemning the attack. Media gone hell bent, protests happened, all parties bashed them day and night, 2 army officials asked for govt. support, then he spoke.

This is the problem we have with PM. Read Salman Khurshid's statements after the incident and today. 180 degree turn.

We shouldn't stop peace process. Blah Blah Blah.
Today, No business as usual.

Govt. are supposed to take actions on a quick basis when situations are severe of this scale. Would you believe in this govt. if we are attacked ? A govt. who can't take systematic steps.

I agree that we should take steps with rationality. But rationality doesn't mean become indifferent and talk only when you are bashed over and over again.

and isn't peace the thing we all want? What do we stand by going to war? a war torn south asia.

Not peace at any cost. And alternative to peace talks is not war. There is so much inbetween..starting with suspending the peace talks without any actual war. Stop any economic collaboration like starting to block EU trade concessions, ADB loans etc.

Suspend the peace talks, cancel any/all economic help/collaboration with Pak, announce some until the martyr's head is given back and is given the funeral. Then he could also announce some 'gifts' like few dozen APCs or guns to Afghanistan in the light of Indo-Afghan friendship..there are so many things.. In this time Pak needs peace at the eastern borders more than we need it. That is something this sardar does not seem to understand and does not use to extract the maximum mileage for India.

Even if she suspends...life goes on...after few years there will be another government..which will again restart...Only other option is full scale war...

I think Atal Bihari had more love towards pak than this man.

When Every one was pointing at increasing terrorism in india every one tried to blame UPA....now when they should take the credit.Its the fact that NDA time terrorism increased very sharply...worst is parliment attack and kargil war. UPA-1 it continued...later after chidambaram performed great....Now u see the result...
Dude, you haven't read most of the posts we made in this mean time. We have discussed in detail why terrorism decreased in India.

Its not about UPA and NDA. Its about other more important factors.

In other words - We want peace even if Pakistan keeps on subverting, sabotaging, attacking, mocking, provoking Indians?

Yours is a dimwit argument.
You need a knowledge punishment, or, Foreign affairs subscription.
Lol

When Every one was pointing at increasing terrorism in india every one tried to blame UPA....now when they should take the credit.

Its the fact that NDA time terrorism increased very sharply...worst is parliment attack and kargil war. UPA-1 it continued...later after chidambaram performed great....Now u see the result...

Kargil war was exactly that "war". And it took place exactly after 1 month the NDA govt took power after 2 years of COngress suported United Front..so please talk sense.

Back
Top Bottom