What's new

Malaysian Malays and their "Chinese pig" song

Everyone knows the real reason was to signal to the USSR that they could not protect Vietnam. The secondary reason was to back up Cambodia.

Otherwise what about the Indonesian riots which killed over a million. SE Asian countries love to kill their Chinese ethnic minorities, I wonder why those ethnic Chinese still love their SE Asian countries.

But remember, don't run to the Chinese embassy unless you are a Chinese national, otherwise they cannot do anything.

Poignant.

Perhaps we should also recognize that South East Asians who have Chinese ancestry benefit a lot from their current nations. Their populations have increased , enjoy civil liberties that they ancestors were denied / deprived of , and thus was the catalyst for their migration into South East Asia.

And the majority of South East Asians who have Chinese ancestry enjoy economic freedoms in their new lands. So, with this in mind, should consider their blessings and amicability of the environment.

@Lux de Veritas is a rabid racist who has been admonished before, but he is incorrigible.

As regards the topic, I haven't read the thread, and there is never an excuse for racial prejudice, but the Malay situation has to be understood in context.

The fact is that the ethnic Chinese in Malaysia are the affluent elite, and many Chinese consider themselves superior to the Malays. We see the racist comments from Chinese members here all the time about Malays, based purely on their race. The Chinese elite in Malaysia have their own schools, residential communities and elite society, where ethnic Malays are excluded, and they form an exclusionary racial elite.

Now, it is true that the Chinese community achieved its affluence through hard work, but there is also a very strong racial prejudice component.

How would the Chinese in China feel if there was a snobbish, elitist ethnic minority in China, which held itself aloof and openly looked down upon the majority population?

After centuries of colonial domination, the Malays are finally free, and the residue of colonialism will have ongoing effects for a long time. Again, this doesn't excuse racial prejudice, and it goes both ways -- Malays towards Chinese and Chinese towards Malays.

Thank You for your input, @Developereo .

@Lux de Veritas is a rabid racist who has been admonished before, but he is incorrigible.

He hates Chinese even more than he hates Muslims.

The fact is that the ethnic Chinese in Malaysia are the affluent elite, and many Chinese consider themselves superior to the Malays. We see the racist comments from Chinese members here all the time about Malays, based purely on their race. The Chinese elite in Malaysia have their own schools, residential communities and elite society, where ethnic Malays are excluded, and they form an exclusionary racial elite.

Jews of the East, isn't that what ethnic Chinese in SE Asia are called?

Then again, they are ethnic Chinese, not Chinese citizens.

They are now Malaysians/Indonesians/Thai/etc. and are thus the responsibility of their own countries and governments.

Chinese are so successful in South East Asia is due to their social etiquette. It is something foreign to most South East Asia and South East Asians. Chinese immigrants there , like the Koreans and Japanese , have and uphold the Confucian culture. East Asians, the majority, exercise importance in hard work, saving one's earnings, and helping each other out. It is part of the 'Collectivist' mentality that Japanese, Korean and Chinese have in common.

This is the reason why, in my opinion, so many South East Asians of Chinese ancestry are successful in their businesses and finances.

There is an old Japanese adage that I'm sure you understand well:

王様のように過ごす。貧民のように死ぬ。

If we translate it, it means "Live like a king, die like a pauper".

Importance: It is easy to spend one's finances/ savings by frivolous spending. But without financial inhibition, all one's earnings will be lost. It is better to live modestly, and save one's earnings !

Could be.

Like Jews in the West, and Indians/Pakistanis in Africa, the ethnic Chinese in SE Asia tend to be an elitist minority which has achieved its affluence through a combination of hard work and ethnic nepotism. In all three cases, the success and ethnic nepotism often creates resentment and a backlash among the majority population.

Then again, they are ethnic Chinese, not Chinese citizens.

They are now Malaysians/Indonesians/Thai/etc. and are thus the responsibility of their own countries and governments.

There needs to be accommodation on both sides: the Malays need to see the Chinese as fellow Malaysian citizens, and the Chinese need to see themselves as equal to the Malays, not superior. They are Malaysian first and Chinese second. During the MH370 disaster, it was clear that there is a lot of racism amongst Chinese towards Malays, so the racism goes both ways.

The fact remains that, if the Chinese are facing racial prejudice, then it should be addressed.

yes, in some way
How are you more Chinese than us, my friend?

I don't know why the SEA Chinese such as SS and Lux always feel insecure with the inferiority complex.

Maybe this could be reason that they hate PRC so much? Since most of us grow up within the PRC culture.

Chinese Dragon didn't grow up with the PRC culture either, but he loves PRC due his strong patriotism. But as for SS and Lux, I only see their jealousy of the PRC achievements.
They are frustrated because we don't protect them. They expect us to protect them but when we are in trouble, they hide in their closest. Like I said, you can only rely on the Greater China for motherland protection. These distant cousin will not be there and should not be expect to rely upon.

They are frustrated because we don't protect them. They expect us to protect them but when we are in trouble, they hide in their closest. Like I said, you can only rely on the Greater China for motherland protection. These distant cousin will not be there and should not be expect to rely upon.

Wise words.

I think Malaysia is actually protected by International Law atmosphere created by U.S. against our expansionism. Therefore, I think U.S deserves ASEAN as her protectorates. Here is the history of China protection of Malay against Thai interest. China now is weak and cannot protect any people, therefore she does not deserve to protect anyone.

I think strait of Malaca's peace and security should be protected by world's sole super power only.

China–Thailand relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chinese protection of Malays against Thailand

I think Malaysia is actually protected by International Law atmosphere created by U.S. against our expansionism. Therefore, I think U.S deserves ASEAN as her protectorates. Here is the history of China protection of Malay against Thai interest. China now is weak and cannot protect any people, therefore she does not deserve to protect anyone.

I think strait of Malaca's peace and security should be protected by world's sole super power only.

Pee Chai @somsak ,

It is not that China is not capable of protecting , because that is the furthest from the truth. China , in all actuality, has the capability, and potential to project its power abroad to protect any interests / assets. It is just that China (People's Republic of China) maintains a policy of Non-Interference. They have maintained this policy since the founding of the PRC, and thus, they are compelled to maintain its continuity.

There is a difference between: 1) incapability and 2) capable but not interfering

The latter is the case in regards to the People's Republic of China.

Kap koon na krap,
@Nihonjin1051

Stop getting butthurt over my words. This is why I avoid these type of discussions. We can't speak our opinion without hurting our friends, in this case, Thailand.

@somsak ,

It is not that China is not capable of protecting , because that is the furthest from the truth. China , in all actuality, has the capability, and potential to project its power abroad to protect any interests / assets. It is just that China (People's Republic of China) maintains a policy of Non-Interference. They have maintained this policy since the founding of the PRC, and thus, they are compelled to maintain its continuity.

There is a difference between: 1) incapability and 2) capable but not interfering

The latter is the case in regards to the People's Republic of China.

I see PRC China's double standard.
If PRC's truly non-interventionist, which is good, why did she invade VN?

VN invasion to Cambodia is non PRC's business. PRC's real intention was to conquer the islands in South China Sea.
Therefore PRC war with VN is totally illegal.

US has records of Human right intervention. Ethnic cleansing is one of protection provided by U.S. at least in theory. When people need protection, and only U.S can provide them, yes we should be under U.S protection, thus giving U.S the protector status, and we the U.S protectorates.

It already is. The United States Pacific Command , and its greatest arm, the 7th Fleet, does exactly just that.

I'm now placed in a position where I am defending China. lol

----------

In regards to Vietnam-China 1979 War, that was an internal affair , to the Chinese political vantage point. Thus she intervened. She (China) will not intervene if it does not affect Chinese core interests, and when it does not affect China's geopolitical calculus.

The only time China intervened was when She was threatened. There are 3 cases of this:

1) The Korean War
2) Sino-Indian Border Conflict of 1962
3) Sino-Vietnam Border War of 1979

If PRC's truly non-interventionist, which is good, why did she invade VN?

VN invasion to Cambodia is non PRC's business. PRC's real intention was to conquer the islands in South China Sea.
Therefore PRC war with VN is totally illegal.

US has records of Human right intervention. Ethnic cleansing is one of protection provided by U.S. at least in theory. When people need protection, and only U.S can provide them, yes we should be under U.S protection, thus giving U.S the protector status, and we the U.S protectorates.
We only craft our non-intervention policy after 1979s. It came into mature existence in the late 1980s, though.

I'm now placed in a position where I am defending China. lol

Do you feel up side down?
:D

Yeah. I think U.S. has been good in regulating sea lanes & oil routes.
If U.S. use Thai refinery instead of Singapore's it will be great.
We are so jealous about Singapore as oil middle man.
We will go to beg U.S. for that.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom