What's new

Malaysia wants India to send LCA-Tejas to the Country for Evaluations

Buck stops at the fact that The Thunder has two confirmed export orders with more on the way while tejas isn't even wanted by its own indian air force in spite of having virtually all parts and components including the engine being from the u.s. to isreal to france, no one wants it...the indian aviation industry, in spite of having the claim of making fighters since the 60s, isn't even able to make a half decent samosa based on the 60s design of that old canadian darter.

chal ja bhag.[

Big f**king whoop. There are fighters that have never seen export orders, doesn't prove how good or not good they are, and saying so is only resorting to a strawman argument.

Resting on the laurels of the chinese while not even having the guts to fly against a supposedly weak fighter. Enjoy living in the bubble brought on by peacetime. LOL.

What was that, IAF doesn't want the Tejas?

https://quwa.org/2018/03/20/indian-air-force-commits-to-procure-a-total-of-324-hal-tejas-fighters/

Yeah confirmation bias does that.

The Indian aviation industry has done more with what it's got(low budgets, sanctions, bureaucracy) than pakistani aviation industry will probably ever achieve.

Big f**king whoop. There are fighters that have never seen export orders, doesn't prove how good or not good they are, and saying so is only resorting to a strawman argument.

Resting on the laurels of the chinese while not even having the guts to fly against a supposedly weak fighter. Enjoy living in the bubble brought on by peacetime. LOL.

What was that, IAF doesn't want the Tejas?

https://quwa.org/2018/03/20/indian-air-force-commits-to-procure-a-total-of-324-hal-tejas-fighters/

Yeah confirmation bias does that.

The Indian aviation industry has done more with what it's got(low budgets, sanctions, bureaucracy) than pakistani aviation industry will probably ever achieve.
iaf is being force fed the tejas, ideally they rejected it. your aviation industry, like your tejas, is still in diapers in spite of all the help from the u.s. france and isreal. All the while The Thunder has the vlk 3 coming out that will be at par with the latest 4.5 gen fighters out there. There is just no comparison between The Thunder and your samosa tejas.:lol:

Thank the chinese and their mature industry for that.
No one in their right mind thinks pakistan could ever pull any of it off on its own, hell even 10% of JF-17 on its own.

And.... I am not claiming pak could do it without Chinese support. I am claiming theres a market for jf 17. 3 airforce flying it. More to come.

iaf is being force fed the tejas, ideally they rejected it. your aviation industry, like your tejas, is still in diapers in spite of all the help from the u.s. france and isreal. All the while The Thunder has the vlk 3 coming out that will be at par with the latest 4.5 gen fighters out there. There is just no comparison between The Thunder and your samosa tejas.:lol:

Yawn, no wonder IAF unilaterally wants 324 Tejas, because they are being "force fed". Great logic.

If the Indian aviation industry is in diapers then pakistani aviation industry isn't even born yet.

LOL, The IOC-1 Tejas itself has quadruplex fly-by-wire and HMS/D now, that your Blk-3(only the chinese know when it will even arrive) will get.

Oh btw, how many pakistani subsystems will there be in JF-17 Blk3? Clearly pakistan is sooooo ahead of India, it must be more than what we can integrate in the Tejas. :lol:

Last edited:
Fighter jet acquisitions (or any major military contract) don't always land with the product that scores the highest points during evaluation. Political influence/leveraging, supplier history, price, technology offset agreements etc all play a role in the final decision.

I don't see Pakistanis losing sleep over the JF-17 not winning the Malaysian contract, though obviously there will be some disappointment.

I never said anything about winning a contract. Even though I am an Indian, I said Gripen or latest F16 would be an ideal choice if anybody have money, as it is proven with quality & capability, If you seen my first post I even said T 50 has a chance as it is a low end balanced package.

My post was about JF 17 not pulling out just because Tejas going to participate. Then it's like empty vessel always making noise & when it comes to walk the talk, you give excuse & escape but still won't accept defeat or inferiority. This is challenging the opponent by calling it coward/ weak & claiming I have the ability to throttle you, crush you, but when you are given a chance to just come & demonstrate or display your powers, you are petrified to even face the opponent. Later once the event is over, you again continue the same glorification - I have the ability to smash you.

Childish post Both have advantages and disadvantages, Tejas has a better sustain turn, whereas JF-17 has a better instantaneous turn rate but at this you can't export it because its just inducted on IAF your IAF want it first in numbers than think for export @Oscar sir is right that India will able to export Tejas in 2025-2028 time frame @Sheena1980 :angel:

Yes that's right, as some people were already getting nervous of losing & going personal on attacking me. Childish post are better way of defending than being abusive.

I don't understand why go off-topic & attack. All I said was let's hope Pakistan don't pull out like Bahrain & many people started feeling insecure. Just my post has made people lose the confidence & all the great qualities over Tejas they boast. If you are going off topic to attack someone when debating it means you are accepting defeat or approving what I said.

All I expect is both fighters get a neutral assessment by coming face to face & put to rest these name calling & never ending egoistic attacking debates. Both sides will keep claiming their product is better especially being India Pakistan, rather than debating & acknowledging the merits & de-merits on facts. So it's best it gets a 3 person review. Yes I do expect & wish Tejas is rated better & capable than JF 17 & wish I am right. That's a win for us. I am not expecting or professing India will win the export order. If we win the order, excellent, if not it's fine.

Anyway I appreciate your post, don't know if that was first, at-least you are saying both have advantages & disadvantages. But regarding time-frame you mentioned, 30 Fighters can be supplied before 2025 If they confirm the order according to me, as it would be the first order & Malaysia would be a reasonably dignified start for Tejas as the country is not a 3rd world country, so definitely all attempts would be made to grab the order & honor it. India is not cash-strapped country, so setting up a bigger production line to honor the order is not difficult. Research & development take time. We have ample experience in production of other jets.

Last edited:
Yawn, no wonder IAF unilaterally wants 324 Tejas, because they are being "force fed". Great logic.

If the Indian aviation industry is in diapers then pakistani aviation industry isn't even born yet.

LOL, The IOC-1 Tejas itself has quadruplex fly-by-wire and HMS/D now, that your Blk-3(only the chinese know when it will even arrive) will get.

Oh btw, how many pakistani subsystems will there be in JF-17 Blk3? Clearly pakistan is sooooo ahead of India, it must be more than what we can integrate in the Tejas. :lol:
:lol:
under a murderous government froth with corruption and a military that gobbles up the rations of its own soldiers and an air force headed by a dunce idiot who thinks he was able to see the stealth J20 on radar without realizing that it was carrying a luneburg lens...of course they can easily be forced. And all the claims of your leaking samosa are exactly that...claims and that too on components that have to be imported. We never claimed that The Thunder had Pakistani components or sub systems, the research is done but the Chinese and we accept it. This is just a learning phase for us. unlike india that plagerizes and lies that it's imported components are actually made india... and its already been announced, right blk 3 is set to fly this August so buy up on a whole lotta burnol you'll need it. ;)

The Indian link besides the population came via the TMKM’s , which are almost hangar queens much like their MKi sisters but worse due to lack of funds as well.

A Su-30 forum has been set up with Malaysia. And this includes sharing spares. So things are going to improve for them.

The Indian ancestry and linked element in the military is pushing this as a reaction pushed by their diplomats in response to the JF17z
while the more apt and professionally independent ones are resisting this.

If they choose the LCA, apart from providing MRO services to Malaysian Su-30s, we can even take their Mig-29s off their hands. In case it works out in both countries, the Malaysians can also take delivery of Rafales from India at a later date.

That's a lot of advantages for Malaysia, even the more apt and professionally independent ones will agree.

Still, saner minds looking for any “export” (read low ball diplomacy against Pakistan) Tejas know that any operational considerations wont be available well into the mid to late 2020s.

The first Mk1A is to be delivered in 2021. With all 4 squadrons before 2025. So it's going to be a lot quicker than you imagine, never mind the fact that the Mk1 has been flying with its full operational envelope opened since 2016.

You are litrally losing the point... IAF need to replace the aging MiG 21s... SO, priority should be IAF...

We have enough excess production to take care of IAF's needs and allow exports. The LCA's production line can easily be expanded to 27 jets per year with the current real estate.

In fact, the Nasik factory can double its LCA output after the MKI production ends, which is just a year from now.

Plus, selling a weapon platform is not a piece of cake... technical evaluation by a neutral country does not mean that they will buy it... China is an economic mammoth and can easily influence any defence deal... specially with MALAYSIA...

The Malaysians are not particularly keen on major weapons purchases from China due to the SCS dispute.

Plus, the Malaysian LCAs will come with western avionics and engines. You can even expect the US to encourage the Malaysians to choose the Indian or Korean option over Chinese.

Dont think Tejas production is yet to hit stability. Private sector just starting to funnel in it's modules. Once MK1A production is rolling smoothly, exports should be fine.

It should be done by the time the Malaysians finish making a decision and a contract is negotiated and signed.

Even if hypothetically i believe you and that's a big IF....Even then atleast the free truck that they will get will be Made in India unlike your country where even the cycles that you buy are made in China.....

Got ya! Its kind of "buy 1 get 1 truck free" kind of deal.

The Indian ancestry and linked element in the military is pushing this as a reaction pushed by their diplomats in response to the JF17z
while the more apt and professionally independent ones are resisting this.

The RMAF originally was looking at F/A-50s but the JF-17 was an option that came up via Air Show push.

The Indian link besides the population came via the TMKM’s , which are almost hangar queens much like their MKi sisters but worse due to lack of funds as well.

Still, saner minds looking for any “export” (read low ball diplomacy against Pakistan) Tejas know that any operational considerations wont be available well into the mid to late 2020s.
Interesting Hangar queen quip, given neither China nor Pakistan has ever released any information on service rate of an aircraft powered by the same RD33 variant which apparently has service issues world over nor either of the country has any central audit organisation which can report service rate of any operated equipment or commercial processes conducted with tax payer money, there is no information of operational availability o JF17 to begin with.

If LCA's inclusion is low ball diplomacy, are Pakistanis now Anti South Korea, LCA sits in the same weight category, there is nothing wrong in it's participation, there is no predatory pricing involved ; yet.

The great irony is that you guys cant even make the TATA, Ashok Leyland, etc. trucks. :rofl:

Its funny when I see their iron brothers riding even our motorcycles (given there is a pittance of trade between the two for some reason past the iron-brotherliness...that of course mard-e-momin style will never be introspected about)...and here you are going about trucks (thats too big already dude :disagree:...start small!)....I always enjoy in contemplating the feelings of the stronky-feelz types on both iron brother sides when they see such videos:

@KediKesenFare @padamchen

And now the big chest thumping is always out to stronk-defend a "joint" project basically done by another big brother....but hey 50/50 investment feelz!...just like CPEC feelz!...and simply because Malaysia wants to even have just a look at the eternal baddy/cheater/baniya (but vastly more genuinely industrialised and accelerating away each year from their lot) stuff.

Its pretty hillarious, barely have read a few posts in this thread...and more good stuff yet to come I bet....just like adding a few more multiplies of total market caps of Pakistan to our own this year again. :coffee:

@Mage @Skull and Bones @ranjeet @Soumitra @bluesky

Interesting Hangar queen quip, given neither China nor Pakistan has ever released any information on service rate of an aircraft powered by the same RD33 variant which apparently has service issues world over nor either of the country has any central audit organisation which can report service rate of any operated equipment or commercial processes conducted with tax payer money, there is no information of operational availability o JF17 to begin with.

If LCA's inclusion is low ball diplomacy, are Pakistanis now Anti South Korea, LCA sits in the same weight category, there is nothing wrong in it's participation, there is no predatory pricing involved ; yet.
Walk into the next Dubai Air show, get the data; its pretty freely available. Or do a search here since the data is available here.

The F/A-50 is operational and selling; the LCA isn’t even a finished product.
The JF-17 and F/A-50 competed in some recent acquisitions where some were wins and others were not.
The LCA only was shoved in wherever news of the JF-17 came up.
Only reason to take an unfinished product to the market like that is cheap low ball diplomacy, same way obsolete trainers are being sent to Myanmar so that foot in the door is made.

Walk into the next Dubai Air show, get the data; its pretty freely available. Or do a search here since the data is available here.

The F/A-50 is operational and selling; the LCA isn’t even a finished product.
The JF-17 and F/A-50 competed in some recent acquisitions where some were wins and others were not.
The LCA only was shoved in wherever news of the JF-17 came up.
Only reason to take an unfinished product to the market like that is cheap low ball diplomacy, same way obsolete trainers are being sent to Myanmar so that foot in the door is made.
WAS Unfinished by IAF's FOC requirement which it cleared on 4th of Jan, Also not necessary if other potential operators would have the same FOC requirements; India Placed confirmed orders fo 150 aircraft of MKI variant based of SU30K which did not exist at the time of placing order. Given LCA has the architecture to integrate whole host of avionics options there is no reason why it shouldn't compete.
One wonders if many operational platforms (including legacy russian platforms ) out there have even been subjected to the criterion LCA was subjected to.

One wonders if many operational platforms (including legacy russian platforms ) out there have even been subjected to the criterion LCA was subjected to.

Malaysia is practically on the equator where it's always hot and humid. And their air bases are close to the coasts.

Royal_Malaysian_Air_Force_Bases.png

I would love to see how well the FA-50 or JF-17 would perform in such conditions there in comparison to the LCA.

Back
Top Bottom