What's new

Malaysia wants India to send LCA-Tejas to the Country for Evaluations

Production has been cleared for foc version tejas without actual achievment of foc,,,rrright,r u even sure what u r talking about??
Or is that similar to what u n othr dpsu bhakts have been peddling about "83 confirmed mk1a" n how they will be delivered in 2021-22,,,,when actually no firm orders for any mk1a has been placed yet,let alone any concrete work on its development.

I know 400cr is not unit price coz mk1a doesn't exist.its an estimate by shukla(btw which is more believable that likes of LSA n what not)
Hi @halupridol
Kindly first learn to write correctly with proper punctuation and letters. Secondly, also learn to find out credible evidence. Ajay Shukla is not a credible source.
Apart from the structural vibration test, everything else has been cleared for the FOC- and how do I know so? I have got my batchmates in ADA and folks I know of in HAL. Lets go back and little and try to make sense here, the FOC has all the major improvements like BVR, ERP, to name a few, the structural vibration tests are going on as we speak and it will not hamper the production plans. The actual contract for MK-1A will be signed soon and the first MK-1A will be ready 3 years after signing of the contract. It will not take a lot of time now because pvt companies have increased their participation in the program, for instance SP-16's entire wing was manufactured by L&T divison. ADA is not PSU and it has got some really good engineers I know of. The current head of ADA himself is a Btech ('84 batch), IIT Bombay, Electrical Engineering.

Except for the price JF 17 Block 1 & 2 will be of no use in actual war like situation. It can be only used for bombing, terror activities & small confrontation. JF 17 for now is just a cheap fighter which can do basic functions without even Fly by wire & Helmet mounted display. Block 3 won't be available for export delivery till 2023. If Malaysia has time to wait till 2023-25 then may be, they may consider JF 17 Block 3 only for its competitive price. This is my opinion.

They can choose Gripen or latest F 16, if budget is not an issue as both are quite expensive but value for money.(Assured Proven Quality) So chances are T 50 Golden Eagle, though Korean it's American tech, priced quite cheap & the delivery would be faster.

But if their requirement is post 2022 delivery for interception & good defence, Tejas has the chance as it has speed, stealth, strike & size suitable for air superiority & dog fight. It has BVR, good weapon carrying capability & higher thrust advantage. Though combat range is less, it can stay airborne by refueling, as it doesn't have to fly into enemy's territory for deep penetration attacks. Tejas is developed for defending borders with Multi role capabilities. The price is going to be a slight challenge if they have budget constraints, as it's still new to the market & not proven.

Considering it's borders, I feel they won't need a deep penetration fighter, they may need a defensive squadron. Like India, Malaysia also possess SU 30 & Boeing FA 18 as their main strike fighter, so for interception & defending, LCA can be a wise choice including T 50 Golden Eagle. They also had MIG 29's but I am not sure how long it's in service or is already retired. JF17 can be considered but in actual war it would be detected due to its metal body & smokey engine earlier by its rivals as detection in BVR is the key, so it's a waste of money invested, even though cheap.

Actual War scenario analysis comparison of present JF 17 & Tejas above

And even after getting their asses handed to them recently, JF17 is no good. Yeah you keep telling this to yourself you bharti.

What a value adding post for the forum.
@waz @Irfan Baloch
Such comments add the same value to PDF as Bhartis do, NONE WHAT SO EVER.

Yes, we are planning to put it on a very big shp named INS Vikrant and it will go all around world.

Oh I see, just make sure your incompetent Navy also dont bungle this one as well.

And even after getting their asses handed to them recently, JF17 is no good. Yeah you keep telling this to yourself you bharti.

You can sell this manjan to your public, not the world.

Don't worry very soon your claim of JF 17 heroic bubble is also going to bust. Do you know who's Hassan Siddiqui & Nouman Ali. Can you tell me their Piloting history. You will find your country & establishment's lie in the answer when you research.

Sorry but I don't trade sarcasms I trade facts and I value the statements of those at helm much more than anyone else. You can use lol generously but that's inconsequential really.
Facts are cool and you have not provided any. You are merely another in a line of "Its going to be" types that pop up on here every so often.I have been on these fora off and on for 15 years. The reality is that the project has consistently failed to meet any target and we are supposed to believe you?
This project has truly earned the sarcasm it receives.

Facts are cool and you have not provided any. You are merely another in a line of "Its going to be" types that pop up on here every so often.I have been on these fora off and on for 15 years. The reality is that the project has consistently failed to meet any target and we are supposed to believe you?
This project has truly earned the sarcasm it receives.
You might be here for 100s of years, I really do not care. What I really care is the industry and research credentials. You should know how the product development process evolves. If you still feel that the industry in India is at the same level it was 15 years back then I really can't help it. Most of the changes for MK1A are already done, it doesn't require re design of any major components. MK2 is different though. As I said, what you feel or believe is inconsequential as I am working on some of these things, not to mention the fact that a lot of my batchmates are working in ADA etc

You can sell this manjan to your public, not the world.

Don't worry very soon your claim of JF 17 heroic bubble is also going to bust. Do you know who's Hassan Siddiqui & Nouman Ali. Can you tell me their Piloting history. You will find your country & establishment's lie in the answer when you research.
Anbhinandan was flying su-30 than? Because not long ago your own tv interviewed him when he was part of su-30 equipped squadron..

Chutiya logic.

Anbhinandan was flying su-30 than? Because not long ago your own tv interviewed him when he was part of su-30 equipped squadron..

Chutiya logic.

Fighter jet are not cars or bikes to just pick any jet available & fly. You can't just take a jet which you are not used to & go for war. It needs years of training & specialization to master the machine. It's not a toy for a jolly ride. You are putting your life, a sophisticated machine, Millions of dollars & country at stake when you are in war.

Before commenting you should have gone & done a research on Abhinandan. Yes he used to fly Su 30. But he didn't take a MIG 21 on Feb 27 & fly, which is practically illogical & senseless. Only a unprofessional banana Air-force will do that

There was a Squadron leader's requirement for MIG 21 & when he was asked if he wanted to lead the squadron, he accepted it. He has been a Squadron leader for MIG 21 for past 7 years. So he got a promotion even though he now flies a vintage fighter, he chose it for monetary, career growth & other higher designation benefits, as the chances for him to grow to highest level is faster, which makes sense.

Now go do your homework on your pilots & If you can't find the details (which you won't) ask me, but when I give you proof accept your establishment's lie.

Let me see what logic you come up with & decide yourself which is chutiya logic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom