What's new

Make Gilgit-Baltistan the fifth province of Pakistan

Why not India put a claim on entire pak since Pak lay adjacent to India proper .... dude is the the logic you wish to apply ???

By the way the topic is GB as fifth province of Pakistan, which makes sense all around , you do what ever good you want on your side of LOC and we do what ever good we want on our side, lets make it Intl border, call for truce and move on !

Why not India put a claim on entire pak since Pak lay adjacent to India proper .... dude is the the logic you wish to apply ???

You clearly don't understand.

That is actually the foolish logic your fellows are using. They are claiming GB is apart of Kashmir, which it is not, though it is true GB is adjacent to Kashmir. My point is GB is a regular part of Pakistan and GB is not apart of Kashmir, and it is Pakistan's by Lahore Resolution.

I mentioned HP, to draw a comparison of the logic your fellows were using in regards to GB. If Indians want to claim GB because GB happens to be adjacent to Kashmir, then I said, Pakistan might as well put a claim on Himachal Pradesh considering it is also adjacent to Kashmir.

You clearly don't understand.

That is actually the foolish logic your fellows are using. They are claiming GB is apart of Kashmir, which it is not, though it is true GB is adjacent to Kashmir. My point is GB is a regular part of Pakistan and GB is not apart of Kashmir, and it is Pakistan's by Lahore Resolution.

I mentioned HP, to draw a comparison of the logic your fellows were using in regards to GB. If Indians want to claim GB because GB happens to be adjacent to Kashmir, then I said, Pakistan might as well put a claim on Himachal Pradesh considering it is also adjacent to Kashmir.
UN resolution recognises it as a part of dispute
and you consider your own lahore resolution greater than UN resoltion and we dont claim gb just because it is adjacent to kashmir it is based on treaty of ascension andwe legaly have right to claim it

If we declare it a disputed territory as a province, then India will be able to do the same. It sounds great in theory but we lose any claim to Kashmir by diplomacy if we do this

UN resolution recognises it as a part of dispute
and you consider your own lahore resolution greater than UN resoltion and we dont claim gb just because it is adjacent to kashmir it is based on treaty of ascension andwe legaly have right to claim it

Treaty of Accession is an unproven document, nor does India possess the original document if any ever existed. If you want to argue Treaty of Accession, then India should have honored the demands of the Muslim Emirate in Hyderabad Deccan region.

You have no legal claim, no original document, no original signatures, etc. Besides, Gilgit-Baltistan and it's people are an integral part of Pakistan, and unlike what happens in IoK people are demonstrating or calling for liberation and self-determination, these people actually fought on Pakistan's side in 1947.

Treaty of Accession is an unproven document, nor does India possess the original document if any ever existed. If you want to argue Treaty of Accession, then India should have honored the demands of the Muslim Emirate in Hyderabad Deccan region.

You have no legal claim, no original document, no original signatures, etc. Besides, Gilgit-Baltistan and it's people are an integral part of Pakistan, and unlike what happens in IoK people are demonstrating or calling for liberation and self-determination, these people actually fought on Pakistan's side in 1947.
Still not a UN resolution. You're right but the UN would never recognise this and we would lose all claims on Kashmir and give India the right to do the same. They're both on the same footing for the UN. The only option left after this would be military

If we declare it a disputed territory as a province, then India will be able to do the same. It sounds great in theory but we lose any claim to Kashmir by diplomacy if we do this

You hit the nail on the head ,

A) It is disputed territory
B) Indians claim it as part of India as much as Pakistan claim Indian administered regions as much as part of yours .
C)For many in this forum it may appear stupid since , right from our childhood we have read that entire disputed portions as our own both India and Pak , so its very difficult for some people who are very patriotic to accept the reality that LOC is the truth and nothing can be done to take over each others portions across LOC either by diplomacy or by force.

You name GB as a province or not is immaterial since Indians wont give up an inch of our territory , at the same time many of us are rational enuf to understand that status quo suits is the only way ahead .. i stress on the word "only way"

Still not a UN resolution. You're right but the UN would never recognise this and we would lose all claims on Kashmir and give India the right to do the same. They're both on the same footing for the UN. The only option left after this would be military
war is not an option we all know that

UN supports plebiscite, as UN doctrine states "right to self-determination". Though, we know that won't happen unless miraculously a reasonable and sensible administration takes place in Delhi with practical policies agrees to a plebiscite on Kashmir. Chances of that happening are very low, considering Politicians there would be under pressure by the ignorant commoner.

UN supports plebiscite, as UN doctrine states "right to self-determination". Though, we know that won't happen unless miraculously a reasonable and sensible administration takes place in Delhi with practical policies agrees to a plebiscite on Kashmir. Chances of that happening are very low, considering Politicians there would be under pressure by the ignorant commoner.

The "ignorant commoner" here is suggesting Status quo and to turn LOC as Intl border where as the high IQ Einsteins in pk are suggesting to occupy it through another war ???? If history hasn't thought you anything , at least i would have hoped for common sense to have thought !!!

The "ignorant commoner" here is suggesting Status quo and to turn LOC as Intl border where as the high IQ Einsteins in pk are suggesting to occupy it through another war ???? If history hasn't thought you anything , at least i would have hoped for common sense to have thought !!!
At least we have high IQ Einsteins

Back
Top Bottom