What's new

Make Gilgit-Baltistan the fifth province of Pakistan

As it so happens I'm fortunate enough to be a die-hard fan of football and I play here in Lahore at a club where we've got 7 Pathans, 3 Baloch, 2 Sereikis, about a dozen Punjabi including me and 3 people from Gilgit - The Gilgitis occasionally bring their fellow Gilgitis for a 11 a side and so I've had the good luck of sitting down with around 15 people from Gilgit Baltistan, every other month ! They are, all of them, on scholarships or financial aid from either the Federal Govt. or the Govt. of Punjab and by virtue of the quota systems they managed to get admissions in GCU, PU, UET and KEMU (amongst the best Universities in Pakistan) ahead of countless hundreds of us Punjabis despite having much lesser numbers because they belong to an impoverished area ! So believe me when I say this : They love Pakistan...but like the rest of us...they hate Zardari and Co. because they've destroyed Pakistan's economy and governance ! Whereas cities like Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad can take the hit and by virtue of their industrial or strategic presence still sustain themselves our not so well off areas (whether its in Punjab, Sindh, KP, Balochistan or GB) take a much more significant hit !

P.S I've never heard anyone hate Zardari as passionately as they do ! Heck...I don't like him but I don't want him dead but guess who wanted to ?

Zardari and PIA has completely destroyed the Tourism wave started during the Mush era as much of it was concentrated in the GB area and many GB businessmen made massive investments in tourism only to see them go down the drain a few years later.

Secondly, being an improvised area extra facilities are provided to start a industry but now much of our industry is facing foreclosure due to electricity problem once again thanks to zardari rental power plants.

What zardari wants in true imperial fashion is to close all avenues of sustainable income and the populance should make a bee line to beg in the name of "Benazir Income Support" scheme.

Times are changing fast.
People are regretting accession of GilgitBaltistan to state of Pakistan.

More like people are regretting to vote for PPP..remember PPP clean sweeped the elections in GB

This sooba or that sooba, its just a political stunt by PPP,& a new kind of blackmailing politics by , PPP !!
Which is getting it through, their masters?
Any way pakistan , should be divided into 12, defrent provinces, on adminstrative bassis, but good will is the key, to sucsses , bt not by blackmailing?
Pakistan is facing, many problems but, sooba problem, is not on top of list!
Just to deflect, & divert , the attention of pakistani(jazbatti) nation, PPP is using this not important, issue as honey, to get 5 more , years of lootings & cheatings?

@ Somebozo : Bhai..itne chapatee tou mujhe abu seh nahin pare when I was learning to drive ! Tou yeh tou phir iss ka bhai thaa !

This will actually make Pakistan much stronger....time to make Gilgit Province as the fifth province of Pakistan!

Back
Top Bottom