What's new

Majority Pakistanis want legislation to be influenced by Islam, survey reveals

Exactly. Laws are made for the betterment of all people not some special interest groups as is the case with Pakistan
Totally agreed. But the problem is that some liberals which are funded by International NGOs are constantly blaming this law for all wrong doings in society. There are hundred of other laws which needs attention.

Totally agreed. But the problem is that some liberals which are funded by International NGOs are constantly blaming this law for all wrong doings in society. There are hundred of other laws which needs attention.
Laws themselves are not even a problem but their misuse by radicals.

Islam is our way of life, its only natural for us to see our way of life define our legislation.
Would you have us flog people for copulating, Or worse, Crush their heads with stones? I wonder If you'd like to watch and cheer?

Islam is our way of life, its only natural for us to see our way of life define our legislation.
What kind of Islam? Sunni, Shia, Deobandi, Barelvi? Legislation can be inspired by core Islamic values such is done in western laws that are inspired by Christian values. They are however not in favor of any Christian belief system

Of course not. welfare society cannot exist in counties with population bombs
I was pointing that the welfare societies have very high tax, nordic countries which are considered best in welfare have absure level of tax. Also Norway got lucky with oil, not sure how others cope.
UK is running a massive deficit even with decent tax rate(not too low).

sharia compliant tax law I meant. There is another thread about calculation but nobody is sure how much they are supposed to pay.
As I said, There is no such thing. Are you confusing it with Zakat? Which is charity. You can't fund roads, infrastructure, and public health care with charity, Can you?

As I said, There is no such thing. Are you confusing it with Zakat? Which is charity. You can't fund roads, infrastructure, and public health care with charity, Can you?
I thought zakat is tax?(one of the taxes?)

I was pointing that the welfare societies have very high tax, nordic countries which are considered best in welfare have absure level of tax. Also Norway got lucky with oil, not sure how others cope.
UK is running a massive deficit even with decent tax rate(not too low).
High taxation is necessary to support a welfare state but also low population and low migrations. As for Nordic countries their welfare state is destroyed by massive immigration from Muslim countries.

I thought zakat is tax?(one of the taxes?)
No it is not, Nor is it as substitute for tax. A very common misconception among the ignorant Pakistani Muslims who are fooled into believing this by our clergy who'd like them to fill their coffers instead of paying taxes to the government.

Easy cowboy, Malaysia is also a nation which has drawn its laws from Islam. One can only feel sorry on your limited knowledge about the Islamic jurisprudence. Saudi Arabia and Iran are not Islamic democracies, they are totalitarian theocracies similar to the ones found in Europe during the 15th century.

Islam is a complete code of life, its jurisprudence is to be defined by "Qayas", "Mukalima", and "Ijtehaad". We are not talking about a 7th century literalist state but a state that is capable of reinventing itself to meet or exceed modern times while using Islamic jurisprudence as a guide. Read Iqbal's lectures on the Reconstruction of the Religious Thought in Islam.

Would you have us flog people for copulating, Or worse, Crush their heads with stones? I wonder If you'd like to watch and cheer?

High taxation is necessary to support a welfare state but also low population and low migrations. As for Nordic countries their welfare state is destroyed by massive immigration from Muslim countries.
thats not true, you cant possibly destroy welfare state at current migration level(ignoring refugees due to war which is temporary). Anyway its off topic.

If that is what the people want, then it is their right to get the system of laws they desire.

Sometimes people just don't know whats good for them; the opinions of the US public on the slavery issue during the Civil War is a prime example of that.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom