What's new

Majority Pakistanis want legislation to be influenced by Islam, survey reveals

Living in a secular country does not make one a secularist just as living in an Islamic country does not make one an Islamist.

Yet you enjoy the benefits of a "kafir" system and choose to live there over an Islamic country. Now I really don't want to get personal but the fact that someone chooses, under no duress, to live under a system that they are so diametrically opposed to yet actively voice the need for an alternative system in another country, reeks to me of hypocrisy.

If that is what the people want, then it is their right to get the system of laws they desire.
Yet you enjoy the benefits of a "kafir" system and choose to live there over an Islamic country. Now I really don't want to get personal but the fact that someone chooses, under no duress, to live under a system that they are so diametrically opposed to yet actively voice the need for an alternative system in another country, reeks to me of hypocrisy.

I didn't choose to live in the West btw. If Pakistan's economy was good, then I would gladly migrate back to Pakistan.

Also Allah has said in Quran that you are kaafir if you judge/rule by other than Shariah. Do I rule Australia? NO.

But Pakistan is a Muslim land. It is absolutely imperative for its Muslims to rule with Sharia.

“Which of the following three statements comes closer to your view:

1)Laws in your country should strictly follow the teachings of the Quran,

2)laws in your country should follow the values and principles of Islam but not strictly follow the teachings of Quran,

3) Laws in your country should not be influenced by the teachings of The Noble Qur'an.”

1) No practising Muslims will say no, to question number one, just like, if the same question is asked to other respected religions about their holy books and laws in there countries, I doubt most religious people will say no either, so why only ask this to Muslims and excludes others from it. Other than to make Muslims comes across extremist.

2) Values and principles of Islam is part of the teachings of The Noble Qur'an.

3) Muslims will say yes and Non Muslims will say no.

I agree with that Islam is a system of how you live a life for itself and for others we don't need man made Constitution the Constitution of Islam is enough which tells us everything which is not even our knowledge today

If secularism was an anti Islamic system then 44 Million muslims would not be living in Europe under a completely secular setup. The way we have been brought up and raised makes us think of secularism as an evil despite even living in such a country. Its hypocrisy in one way. We live in one system which we make fun of but want another system for Pakistan.

I believe we need reformation in the Islamic world.

If secularism was an anti Islamic system then 44 Million muslims would not be living in Europe under a completely secular setup. The way we have been brought up and raised makes us think of secularism as an evil despite even living in such a country. Its hypocrisy in one way. We live in one system which we make fun of but want another system for Pakistan.

I believe we need reformation in the Islamic world.

Muslims living in secular countries has nothing to do
with the laws in Muslim lands.

You were kidnapped at gunpoint and force to move to Australia.

:no:

Allah says in Quran that it makes you a kaafir to rule by other than shariah. OK.

Now he does NOT say you are a kaafir for living in a secular country.

There is a difference.

I think this is an existential question. You would need to see (1) the main motive of the creation of your country, (2) What the majority of the people want. Isn't it that the democracy says that the majority should decide what system and laws be implemented in the country. However you need to watch out a certain interpretation to be implemented. I don't have in-depth knowledge your society but I guess when majority is saying, normally they are talking about the prevailing interpretation which favours peace and kindness, equality and justice for all. Being a beginner in Islamic knowledge and history, I guess people want the similar extortion free economic system that was implemented in start of by prophet of Islam and the initial successors. According to my analysis, that kind of social welfare system has been implemented in certain parts of northern Europe, namely Scandinavia and they always stay on top of UN charts for all kind of human development. But be careful to avoid the extreme and fringe definitions that can adversely affect the society and stifle freedom and peace in the society.

with the laws in Muslim lands.:no:

Whats Muslim Land ?

with the laws in Muslim lands.

:no:

Allah says in Quran that it makes you a kaafir to rule by other than shariah. OK.

There is a difference.

First, please share with us all where in THE NOBLE QUR'AN it says that, if you can't edit your post. Second, and this is very important, no country in the world has sharia laws does that mean all Muslims living on this planet are Kafir?

There is a difference.

Islam is a Religion not PDF that you can edit, whatever doesn't suit you.

Whats Muslim Land ?

Land where Muslims dominate. Simple.

First, please share with us all where in THE NOBLE QUR'AN it says that, if you can't edit your post.

It says that in Surah Maidah. Ayat number 44

''those who do not judge by the law which Allah has revealed, are indeed kafirs''

Second, and this is very important, no country in the world has sharia laws does that mean all Muslims living on this planet are Kafir?

How are you connecting the dots here? Did I say that (bold bit)? NO

I said that the laws must be Islamic law, otherwise its kufr law.

And most Muslims everywhere support Islamic law.

Irony of this survey is majority of those who want laws according to Quran have never read Quran with full understanding and context. They wouldn't even know what Quran wants from them.

If the question was, how much of your personal life is in accordance with Quran, outcome percentage will paint an entirely different picture. We are too eager to apply Islam (of our own liking) on others but don't want to do it on ourselves!

Irony of this survey is majority of those who want laws according to Quran have never read Quran with full understanding and context. They wouldn't even know what Quran wants from them.

If the question was, how much of your personal life is in accordance with Quran, outcome percentage will paint an entirely different picture. We are too eager to apply Islam (of our own liking) on others but don't want to do it on ourselves!
It is the failure of Government that they did not implement these systems when the original 1973 Constitution was drafted.

There is an other issue on the religious divide which also plays a part when the courts try to implement Islamic Law. Looking at the legal documents of Pakistan the language used is not easy to understand. If we compare this to the European Union Law or any other European Law we see that the language is very simple.

This is what you said first

Allah says in Quran that it makes you a kaafir to rule by other than shariah

After I question, this is what you are saying now.

those who do not judge by the law which Allah has revealed, are indeed kafirs''

This is the suarh and the verse.

Indeed We revealed the Taurat to Moses, in which there is guidance and light: By its laws, all the Prophets, who were Muslims, judged those who call themselves Jews and so did the rabbis and jurists of law. They were entrusted the protection of Allah's Book and they themselves were witnesses. Have no fear of people; fear Me, and do not sell My revelations for a petty price: those who do not judge by the law which Allah has revealed, are indeed kafirs (unbelievers).

5.jpg

5a.gif

I have posted English, Urdu and Arabic, please feel free to show us all how you came up with your own version.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom