What's new

'Made in India' trains to chug in Pakistan, Bangladesh

Electrification of rail tracks isn't the prime concern for BD where whole country suffers shortage of electricity and if a train can go 80-90km/hr then it'd be enough for a small country like Bangladesh where other transport options like roadways and waterways are available.But India is a big country where trains have to make a long journey of some thousand KMs with so many passengers on board thus it had to be modernized.But BD railways didn't feel the urgency because it didn't have to make long journeys like trains in India do and Buses,Ships were enough for this.
Btw,Govt. has started the process to set up a new track along side the older one from Dhaka to Chittagong.And in this process,in my hometown my family lost lands worth of 6-7 crores to the railways because one of my oldie family members lost the original documents of the property.:frown:

Some Bangladeshis trying to run these

Bombardier-2200-LD-LF-20060901-944.jpg

on these tracks

7770.1297906658.jpg

with this kind of equipment

6631.1334958369.jpg

Here's more interesting Data:lol:

China: 1 death per 55.3 billion passenger-km.

Japan: 1 death per 51.4 billion passenger-km.

EU-27: 1 death per 10.2 billion billion passenger-km.

South Korea: 1 death per 6.7 billion passenger-km.

India: 1 death per 6.6 billion passenger-km.

US: 1 death per 3.4 billion passenger-km.

Its not the most reliable data but you get the drift!

Whether locos should have brought from bombardier or not but not from India. This is a big waste of money to buy all these low quality product mainly to facilitate transit. Looking at longer term prospect they should have gone for better locos not these junk which will be useless in couple of years.

and how do u know that?
we should encourage local (SAARC) trade and dependance.

I am sure that in coming time very soon, The Railway Engine Manufacturing Factory in Risalpur and Carriage Factory in Islamabad will going to be privatize and will be taken by the Auto Parts association of Pakistan and they will going to produce German Diesel Electric Engines along with the Carriages of Local Design with German Technology in it. INSHA ALLAH.

We also criticize Indian Railways but Project Uniguge and track electrification was their far sighted decision.
I have never traveled in meter gauge train in my entire life and I always have a wish to travel in meter gauge train once before all of them will converted to broad gauge.

But most of time, BNP has ruled over Bangladesh, why didn't they try for railway modernization electrification and gauge conversion.

All the commuting trains are meter guage in Japan. For a normal speed commuting train at, say, 100km/h meter gauge is good enough. However, broad gauge lines are used in long distance tracks. The high speed bullet train lines are much wider than broad gauge lines and have higher and heavier (in kg per meter length) lines.

whether indian locos are famous or not, but it is quite a fact that indian steel rails manufactured by SAIL and TATA are one of the top class in the world and they are one of the highest exporters in the world....A new type of strongest amalgated zinc alloy was developed by IITians for high speed rails quite a few years ago which is entirely expoted to europe as india doesn't have any HSRs at present!!!

thanks for info

I don't think pakistan has the capacity of doing reverse engineering....it is 100 % safe untill and unless transferred to chinese.

LOL......If pakistan was able to reverse engineer the stinger missile a few decades ago ,i am pretty sure if the need came up they could do the same for other "products" also.
What exactly are you going to "reverse engineer" on a train?....its not exactly high end tech.

I have no problem with pakistan buying trains from india but would prefer if it they built there own or went "chinese".

All the commuting trains are meter guage in Japan. For a normal speed commuting train at, say, 100km/h meter gauge is good enough. However, broad gauge lines are used in long distance tracks. The high speed bullet train lines are much wider than broad gauge lines and have higher and heavier (in kg per meter length) lines.

Broad gauge trains have more passenger capacity suitable for country like India where trains are overcrowded. India will have no metre/narrow gauge tracks by 2020 except for tourism routes.

Back
Top Bottom