What's new

'Made in India' trains to chug in Pakistan, Bangladesh

with this kind of equipment

6631.1334958369.jpg

The equipments reminds me of movies based on partition theme.

Whether locos should have brought from bombardier or not but not from India. This is a big waste of money to buy all these low quality product mainly to facilitate transit. Looking at longer term prospect they should have gone for better locos not these junk which will be useless in couple of years.

What is your opinion about the quality of this murir tin rail engine.

800px-Jamuna_Express.jpg

LOL......If pakistan was able to reverse engineer the stinger missile a few decades ago

It was china that did it. Then assisted Pakistan.
Anza is the name...

Some sources state that the Anza Mk-II was co-developed in a joint project by Pakistan and China. Pervez Musharraf has stated Pakistan cooperated with North Korea in the production of conventional weapons when it developed the Anza.

LOL......If pakistan was able to reverse engineer the stinger missile a few decades ago ,i am pretty sure if the need came up they could do the same for other "products" also.
What exactly are you going to "reverse engineer" on a train?....its not exactly high end tech.

I have no problem with pakistan buying trains from india but would prefer if it they built there own or went "chinese".

Really Pakistani Engineers are Capable of Making Engines as well as Carriages on their own but this is due to corruption in Railways that is leading it to buy Foreign one.

PR suspends 20 trains in Lahore Div

LAHORE – The Sub-Committee of National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Railways Chairman Ramesh Lal has held Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif responsible for the burning of trains in Kamoke.

Addressing a press conference after chairing the sub-committee meeting at Railways Headquarters on Tuesday, PPP MNA appealed to the Chief Justice of Pakistan to take notice of the incident.

Four coaches of Babu Passenger Train between Lahore and Sialkot were set on fire by angry protesters in Kamokea and Gujranwala during a protest against massive loadshedding on Monday night.

The Railways on Tuesday announced temporarily suspension of at least 20 passenger trains in Lahore division. The trains were closed down on security issues and would be restored after improvement in law and order situation, said the spokesman of the utility. He said the department had to suffer about Rs4 million loss because of complete burning of four coaches of Babu Train.

“Despite repeated requests by me and the Railways Police IG, neither the district police nor the rescue workers responded to the situation,” regretted Lal, adding that if Shahbaz Sharif claimed himself a true patriotic then he must stop the destruction of national assets in the Punjab.

The trains which the Railways announced to suspend are: one train from Lahore to Okara, one from Lahore to Jaranwala, two from Lahore to Shorkot, one from Lahore to Wazirabad, three from Lahore to Narowal, four from Lahore to Faisalabad and three from Lahore to Sialkot.

Earlier, the sub-committee members appreciated the Railways Lahore divisional superintendent on his performance against the land grabbers. The members expressed concerns over giving a Railways’ plot worth billions of rupees in Karachi only on Rs10,000 per month rent.

“What would happen with the department when its officers like DS Karachi would themselves involve in such theft?” commented Ramesh Lal when he was informed about the issue. He regretted that three deputy general managers of the department were transferred in only three months.

The committee was told that import and export were severely damaged at dry ports and big losses contributed to the utility because of shortage of locomotives. Railways Traffic AGM Razaq Shah, answering a question, replied that Shuttle Service between Lahore and Shahdara would be stopped if it failed to attract the passengers.

MNAs Pir Aslam Bodla and Ayub Shaikh were the other members who attended the meeting.

PR suspends 20 trains in Lahore Div | The Nation

Really Pakistani Engineers are Capable of Making Engines as well as Carriages on their own but this is due to corruption in Railways that is leading it to buy Foreign one.

mate in 65 yrs you have yet to make an engine or have the structural infra to make it . so what makes you think it can be made in Pakistan?

The fact remains from 1981, it is the most accident prone railway in the world.:lol:
But you people are just too arrogant and deluded to accept reality.:disagree:
What clap trap! The problem is that village idiots everywhere are prone to nonsensical twaddle. Now, what have accidents gotta do with the quality of engines/locomotives? Accidents occur due to fractures in tracks, human error or signalling faults. NOT quality of the locomotives!!

Jeeez! The crap we have to put up with here from some self styled know-it-alls! :sick:

Why?? Does pakistani engineers comes from some other world where knowledge comes just like that?? What kind of experience does pakistani engineers have when it comes to designing and making locomotive engines?? Is there some R&D going on in the relevant field?? Is there some infrastrucutre present where engineers are working to create your first locomotive engine??? If the answer to above questions is yes then of-course sooner or later you will see first Pakistani Locomotive engine..However if the answer is no then i am afraid.

Look don't think that i am trying to degrade or making some sarcastic comments but my overall point is that if there is no supporting infratructure, no R&D going on in a particular(let's say X) field then even if you are able to design rockets you cannot make that X thing howsoever simple it is...

Some BD people here are talking about buying very expensive German locomotives on the ground that these can pull trains at a faster speed such as 200km/h (?). It is like asking a helipad to work as a runway for jets. Thing is BD rly lines are not compatible to high speed trains.

It is same like Corolla Sedan being fitted with a Benz engine. They are certainly not compatible with each other. Please note the following to understand why there cannot be high speed trains in BD:

1) The thickness of ballast/stone layers under the sleepers and lines is insufficient. The minimum thickness shall be 50cm with about 4inch size broken stones.

2) In many cases only highly burnt broken bricks are used instead of ballast/stones. This practice should be stopped.

3) Sleepers are still wooden. No reinforced concrete or steel sleepers are in use. Wooden sleepers must be replaced with R.C. concrete and steel ones fitted very strongly with the lines above.

4) The trains are not run by electricity, but by diesel and sometimes by coal (?). Diesel cannot pull speeedily, but electricity can.

5) A highspeed train that is supposed to run at a certain speed requires a cetain weight per meter. BD rly. lines are all light weight which were designed for low speed trains. So, these must also be replaced with heavy ones.

So, pending the overhauling works BD cannot buy and run faster German electric trains on the present railway lines. BD has to cut its cloth according to its size. Indian locomotives will just suit our lines. Some people are arguing these bad quality locomotives will need repair.

I think, it is also a good omen. Why not BD Rly. engineers pull over their shirt sleeves and work with the repairing by themselves? It will give them an opportunity to know how these are built. You see, we are Babu people. It is a shame for us to dirt our Babu hands. The result is now a dependence upon other countries.
I've never seen in my life using bricks instead of stones on the rail tracks.
If i am not wrong all the wooden sleepers got replaced with concrete sleepers.
All are diesel engines,never ever seen any coal based engines other than movies lol
All the ticketing services have been computerized.
These trains run at some 80-90 Km/hr which is decent.
All the North-west rail tracks are broad gauge,the existing meter gauges are being transformed into broad gauges.

Why?? Does pakistani engineers comes from some other world where knowledge comes just like that?? What kind of experience does pakistani engineers have when it comes to designing and making locomotive engines?? Is there some R&D going on in the relevant field?? Is there some infrastrucutre present where engineers are working to create your first locomotive engine??? If the answer to above questions is yes then of-course sooner or later you will see first Pakistani Locomotive engine..However if the answer is no then i am afraid.

Look don't think that i am trying to degrade or making some sarcastic comments but my overall point is that if there is no supporting infratructure, no R&D going on in a particular(let's say X) field then even if you are able to design rockets you cannot make that X thing howsoever simple it is...

Diesel engine or diesel/electric technology for locomotive or ship use is quite old. It is almost 50 years too late to do a R&D work on this machine. A Govt or a company may easily purchase it under license from many european/asian companies. Diffficult thing is how the govt will patronize the building of a successful organizational setup by private industries that will build such engines.

In a developing country, it is certainly the responsibilty of the govt or rly. ministry to find out local companies willing to take a few years of pain to learn and build. However, the ministers themselves are not willing to pat on the shoulders of a Deshi company. He would rather contact a foreign company, get his commission and a beautiful necklace as a gift for his ugly fat wife and sign the contract.

In case of Pakistan, I have noticed only President Ayub Khan really understood how to develop industries both in the east and west wings by patronizing the industrialists. This is how all the developed countries of the world have industrialized themselves. This is what the GoI is doing right now. GoI is certainly patronizing their Deshi companies by allowing them to sell rather low quality local products, rather than buying fancy good quality products from Germany at a much higher price.

We shouldn't buy Indian engines, we don't want them stopping randomnly in the middle of the track

deck,

Its simple man..what R&D? If Indians can make it Pakistani can. Its too easy. If they can't it is because we got a lot of technology handed over by the british and hence we had a head start..if it was not left over by the British its low quality. Are you serious when you asked about engineering? Science? RnD?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom