What's new

Lt. General Azhar Abbas to take early retirement

Rumors on Twitter that LG Faiz Hameed is also thinking of early retirement.

He was candidate of Mir Bajwa. Mir Bajwa stabbed by Mir Nawaz.😛😛😛

Iss ka phuddu lagtay lagtay aakhari waqt main reh geya.😛😛😛
Sahir Shamshad was more close to Gen Bajwa IMO.

Rumors on Twitter that LG Faiz Hameed is also thinking of early retirement.
Rumor has it that Gen Faiz and Asif Ghafoor will "take" retirement in 6 months.

Sahir Shamshad was more close to Gen Bajwa IMO.

Reportedly, Mir Bajwa's candidate for CJCSC was Sahir Shamshad, but for COAS, which is the real post, was Azhar Abbas, which was not acceptable to Mian NS. So they made their choice, which is Asim Muneer.

Hopefully, all the politcal generals need to go

Out of question. Pakistan Army will never come out of politics, on their own.

Reportedly, Mir Bajwa's candidate for CJCSC was Sahir Shamshad, but for COAS, which is the real post, was Azhar Abbas, which was not acceptable to Mian NS. So they made their choice, which is Asim Muneer.
The material on Asim Muneer makes it seems like he's a good guy but I don't think he'll be any better. It is said he wants to be involved in politics even further than other COAS.

The material on Asim Muneer makes it seems like he's a good guy but I don't think he'll be any better. It is said he wants to be involved in politics even further than other COAS.

I don't want to pre-judge him and am holding my opinion for a few weeks. Let us await, I would suggest.

People I know said he was Bajwa's ball holder, so don't expect much from him. Another said he was like a geico.

People I know said he was Bajwa's ball holder, so don't expect much from him. Another said he was like a geico.

Mir Bajwa's most favorites were Azhar Abbas and Sahir Shamshad, whom he recommended for COAS and CJCSC posts, respectively.

If he is really leaving then it only means one of two things. Either he is being kicked out or is jumping before he is pushed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom