What's new

Lt. General Azhar Abbas to take early retirement

This entire institution is becoming a farce. Hoping some miracle happens and Asim sets things straight, because PTI has no confrontational plans.
Exactly why Army will penetrate it's claws even deeper because IK has no plans of confrontation. He can bring in 1 million tomorrow to Pindi, do some speeches and nothing will change.

Can someone write a brief on what's happening? Been busy, haven't read much of what's happening, and things seem pretty fluid.

Pakistan is still being raped by Wardi-Mafia, Black-Gowns-Mafia and Political Mafia. That is the summary.

Hoping some miracle happens and Asim sets things straight, ....

Yes, let us pray and hope that Pakistan is not raped by a Hafiz, now, after being successfully molested by a Haji.

Exactly why Army will penetrate it's claws even deeper because IK has no plans of confrontation. He can bring in 1 million tomorrow to Pindi, do some speeches and nothing will change.

Precisely.

They want his naïve followers to think all of this is meaningful. Granted, awareness has increased. But that's it. It's not nearly enough.

They want his naïve followers to think all of this is meaningful. Granted, awareness has increased. But that's it. It's not nearly enough.

Who knows, but, may be, that many of us are expecting too much from IK, precisely, because we have nowhere else to look for. No individual leader, of whatever caliber, can go beyond the inherent potential of a nation.

Who knows, but, may be, that many of us are expecting too much from IK, precisely, because we have nowhere else to look for. No individual leader, of whatever caliber, can go beyond the inherent potential of a nation.

I know exactly what you mean and have asked myself this many times.

But I don't think that's the case. Had IK heated up the rhetoric to revolutionary levels, and still failed, I would have agreed with you. But he hasn't nearly taken things to that level and now simply can't. Timing matters. You can't build momentum out of thin air once things start to settle.

The Establishment has strategic patience --- it can wait all of this stuff out.

There is NO EXCUSE for IK to use the 'I want the fruits of revolution without the costs of revolution' approach. History may judge him harshly, as he had the opportunity to uproot this system. There are always costs associated with meaningful change. Systems that are beyond repair cannot be fixed from within.

My 2c.

I know exactly what you mean and have asked myself this many times.

But I don't think that's the case. Had IK heated up the rhetoric to revolutionary levels, and still failed, I would have agreed with you. But he hasn't nearly taken things to that level and now simply can't. Timing matters. You can't build momentum out of thin air once things start to settle.

The Establishment has strategic patience --- it can wait all of this stuff out.

There is NO EXCUSE for IK to use the 'I want the fruits of revolution without the costs of revolution' approach. History may judge him harshly, as he had the opportunity to uproot this system. There are always costs associated with meaningful change. Systems that are beyond repair cannot be fixed from within.

My 2c.

Of course, my views are different than yours. In my reckoning, IK has done all whatever was within the range of his own potential and capacity. He cannot surpass the inherent sociopolitical limitations of the nation, he represents. No leader has ever. If nothing comes out of it، then let we lament our own destiny, or whatever one wants to call it.

"Khuda nay aaj tak uss qaum ki haalat naheen badli
Na ho jiss ko khayaal aap apni haalat kay badalnay ka"

IK trying to please the army so they can make him PM again

Sab kursi ki daur ha bhai, koi pm banna chahta to koi coas, to koi president.

Sab chor dacoits hain apne apne matlab k liyay kuch ker rahay

Economy tabah. Bas yahan siyasat bach gai, bc bas har haramzada siyasatdan ban jata ha idher…..then rapes the treasury and ppl for 70 yrs, then their kids do it

Proper cleansing required otherwise we can’t get rid of these mofo snakes and mafias.
They hold dual nationalities yet become MNAs and compromise national security.

@Jango @sur @waz @HRK

Any Idea? It seems there was martial law idea? As summary wasn't moved. Then hours long meeting happened between chief and corps commander except Asim and Amir? post #67

@Jango @sur @waz @HRK

Any Idea? It seems there was martial law idea? As summary wasn't moved. Then hours long meeting happened between chief and corps commander except Asim and Amir? post #67

Not taking into account the rest of the trash, I have no doubt in my mind that the Noorani story was PML sponsored.

Of course, my views are different than yours. In my reckoning, IK has done all whatever was within the range of his own potential and capacity. He cannot surpass the inherent sociopolitical limitations of the nation, he represents. No leader has ever. If nothing comes out of it، then let we lament our own destiny, or whatever one wants to call it.

"Khuda nay aaj tak uss qaum ki haalat naheen badli
Na ho jiss ko khayaal aap apni haalat kay badalnay ka"

These limitations can be broken and reimagined. China had become an opium addicted, quasi postcolonial, poor 'nation.' Look at them now.

Iran was a essentially a colony/satellite state under a retarded monarch. They took back their freedom, however imperfectly.

But the rhetoric --- the goal --- the confrontation has to be CLEAR. Direct. Fiery. Here, IK could barely even take names. Even if there was some SMALL chance that the nation might awaken in greater numbers, the lack of any revolutionary rhetoric killed it.

BTW, IK's all we've got, so I have no choice but to hope --- even demand --- from him the very best.

@Jango @sur @waz @HRK

No idea, actually I am busy with some unavoidable family matters therefore unable to closely follow the current political developments.

Gen Faiz Hameed took retirement today. No word on Gen Amir retirement confirmation yet.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom