What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

Pakistan has a chance to do fresh start.

Justice and accountability must happen from top to bottom.

Like the Ritz Carlton, or the process in China.

If the thieves are not punished & made example, I'm afraid this will turn out to be a sham.
We all know where this is going lmao.
If pigs could fly something something...

As I said earlier, onus is on the Military to prove it is loyal to the country. They have exhausted all of their goodwill with the awam.

One question. In ordinary commercial organisations, the stakeholders and investors select the CEO. But CEO is virtually the boss of the organisation.

Who "selects" COAS here? Dont tell me that its prime minister.

Promotion to 4-star before retirement is quite enough. There is no problem there. No retain needed if promotion is done before an office retires. The 'retain' issue in this case is to prevent any possible 25 day delay to said promotion that president can make. Retain ensures officer will be in service 25 days later. If president was not from an opposing party this would not be needed. However this is a precaution, president may not make any delay. I suppose We'll find out what happens there in due time.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

I guess it doesn't matter --- he's the COAS now.

Don't agree. Pakistan is a banana republic and a looter's paradise. No security issue.

We have to accept this to rebuild a better reality and find a new social contract. We're f****** under this system/constitution.

So lets put the events in order:

1 - The required summary wasn't being sent to the PM. The temperature reached to a point where some ministers started threatening that the PM doesn't need any summary to go with the appointment. (My assessment: Summary didn't have Lt Gen Amir's name in it. Lt Gen Amir was the first choice of Zardari and second choice of Nawaz Sharif)

2 - Suddenly, one guy comes forward and accuses Nawaz of murder and assassination attempt. Nawaz runs away.

3 - The next day, a PDM's favorite journalist (who happens to be establishment's biggest critic breaks a story that makes international headlines)

4 - Summary comes with 6 names

5 - Imran Khan says he will play within the laws and regulations when summary is forwarded to the President.

6 - PDM (that in my assessment was trying hard for Lt Gen Amir) becomes sure that Imran doesn't like Lt Gen Asim at all. They also remember the story of removal of Lt Gen Asim from DG ISI post. This situation (together with the prospects of a further bonus of possible rift between PTI and the next Army chief from the first day) helps them in selecting Lt Gen Asim right away. All of them then wait for IK to delay the proceedings.

7 - President, after a short consultation with IK, attests the PDM's choice.
and it was a master stroke...

It's interesting that there's so much discussion about Army chief selection in Pakistan. In BD most of us civilians don't know the name of BD Army chief. :D

That's because mafia chief of this mafia is most powerful in country and influence everything. If we had normal professional armed forces like rest of world, then public in Pakistan wouldn't have cared about chief as well. Good for you guys that rooted out this mafia and can focus on your economic development.

People need to watch this video.

I don't like Wajahat, but he is true as much as the appointment goes.

BUT, from what I understand, N league is hedging all it's bets on the fact that this guy will be anti-IK...seniority waghaira koi nhn thi. He was DG MI during Panamagate, but NS or PML didn't move against him. IK allegedly removed him, which again AFAIK isn't strictly true.

Seems local punjabi ..

Initially, he started his military career in 1986. He is from the 17th Course of the Officers Training School (OTS) in Mangla.

Asim Munir will be the second Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan after General Zia Ul Haq who graduated from the OTS Mangla.

Asim Munir was Commissioned in the 23rd Battalion of the Frontier Force Regiment.

During his posting in Madina as a Lieutenant Colonel, Asim Munir became Hafiz-i-Quran at the age 38.

Lt General Asim Munir is from a Syed family and his later father named Syed Sarwar Munir Shah was a teacher. He was the principal of FG Technical High School Lalkurti Rawalpindi.

In the past, Asim Munir along with family lived at Dheri Hassan Abad in Rawalpindi before they moved to another place.
Zia ul haq graduated from IMA dehradun.....not ots mangla

he seems to like the guy... @Irfan Baloch kinda saying what you were saying before
but the poor guy is facing a lot of heat, don't think he'll get the luxury of a honeymoon period

personally, as long as he is committed to making army apolitical organization overtime then he is good for the army and the country

he seems to like the guy... @Irfan Baloch kinda saying what you were saying before
but the poor guy is facing a lot of heat, don't think he'll get the luxury of a honeymoon period

personally, as long as he is committed to making army apolitical organization overtime then he is good for the army and the country
It's not about "apolitical"
It's about corruption

The issue with army isn't it's interference in politics..army doesn't do that but it's corruption..to cover corruption it's interfers in politics

Army has never interfered in politics for the good of country...it interferes when it's corruption or illegal business gets in trouble.

Otherwise you will see almost every country get some sort of pressure feedback from army.

Let's assume army and politicians get to an understanding to allow maximum corruption in each other domain(like they have with PDM) will that be good then? Even though no interference is happening???

About diaspora..

Well they have given up..

I have never seen this amount of dispear

Literally they don't even want to spend or invest anymore and you will see the effects soon

I said there will be with drawals from RD .. everyone laughed...now we are seeing it..

I said exports will drop..you saw it..

I said country will default..well it's next up almost there.

Real estate sector will be hit next.. everything else is destroyed

Last edited:
it's very rare to see a non-shia Punjabi speaking Sayyed and that too in potohar of all places, the most clanish part of Punjab
sayyedization process of our region didn't really happen, most Syed are either Shia or Urdu speaking or both, I have yet to see a non shia, Punjabi syed in my life
maybe they exist but they are like unicorns

I think he might be a Urdu speaker settled in pindi, dk

abbe faraq kya parta hai? :lol: what the point?
upar se ye afghanduon ka sub bhi pakar laaya
That is not true as a very sizable portion of Pothar population is syed. 10-20 years ago 99% of them were suni....
Still lots of "pure blood" syed in pothar are suni.
Some "کمی" to seek some recognition have become shia...

He hails from a village between rawat n gujarkhan. Can't remember the name

"Don't count your chickens before they're hatched"

Also, expecting sanity from PMLN is utter stupidity. They were threatening journalists, saying "Imran Khan ka time khatam (death threats)", etc.
i did not say a sane decision by PMLN, i said it is what suited them.

besides, isn't he the same person who led the Panama investigations? so do we say he is anybody's choice. only time will tell

Zia ul haq graduated from IMA dehradun.....not ots mangla
yes and it was probably him who laid foundation for OTS in his time as COAS or President.

PMLN has gone out of the way to get this person appointed as COAS. This is not a good omen. But, still, we will have to await for some time to make a proper judgment about this person. Till that time, I, at least, am holding my opinion about him.

They are fake Syed. 90% of desis are fake Syed’s. Specially those that are Urdu speaking Shia because vast majority of them are Hindu converts and over the years upon their conversion they adopt different last sir names. Genetically they are light years away from any thing Syed or Mideastren looking.

Watch Aljeera documentary on Dalit Muslims. A Hindu Dalit converted due to discrimination and adopted Sheikh as his sir name to bury his background.
Non urdu speaking people are also hindu or sikh converts, particularly punjabis and sindhis.

This is one of some 5 rumors, among Master Tiles, Iran complaints, hated by other Generals, not coming via Kakul, etc.

I don't think ANY of them is true

⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
Yeah let's believe the rumors about pinky peerni's corruption but the master tile extortion story is implausible. Everyone has their own biases and selective fake news to go off on.

Last edited:
Hum sab ko ye baat dimagh mein bitha leni chahye kay bina ehtasab, qanoon aur saza kay koi mulk taraqqi nahi karsakta. Kyunkay insaaf ke nizaam se hi mayeeshat agay barhti hai, log apna paisa invest kartay hain karobar mein, insaf walay nizam mein kisi ko dar nahi hota ke uski zameen pe qabza hojayega taqatwar se.

Plotters of IK assassination, killers of Arshad Shareef must be punished.

People with assets beyond means must be accountable, whether they are civilians, bureaucrat, judge or general. Same law for everyone.
1669361994468.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom