What's new

Lt Gen Asim Munir selected as new army chief

@PakSword your objection on doorstar's choice of words is pretty valid but to be honest Enigma SIG's statement is also pretty objectionable. Whatever argument he wanted to make he didn't need to jump and say "Huffaz murdered ImamHussain". He too should have picked a better example for his argument. His post was deeply offensive and objectionable.

Agree with that.. My objection was only about equating with Imam Hussain (RA). That's blasphemy. I am sure that no Muslim can even think of utterring such a blasphemous statement.

And then suggesting that "someone" said (probably he was referring to Imran Khan) that "I am like Muhammad" (PBUH) astaghfirullah. We know people are killed because of such misinformation.

So again, my point is that... when he gave example (because I suggested that I am hopeful that Lt Gen Asim is a hafiz) to point out about the objectionable conduct of Huffaz in a questionable past history. This is degrading the new chief, not ascending him to Imam Hussain (RA) (astagfirullah). That is the "specific" point I was referring to.

It is a decision between objectionable comment vs a comment that suggests that a member has committed blasphemy. That's why I thoughi I should immediately ban the guy if doorstar can point me to the post and the member. This was a serious request.

And I am still waiting for him to tell me where did he hear the words "I am like Muhammad". Are these about Imran Khan or he is pointing to a member. If it is a member, I will give him a perma ban immediately.

I will still delete Enigma's post.. but we should all bear in mind that some Ulema will remain in the deepest pits in hell. May Allah protect us all from that.

We swear that we have decided to be apolitical this time.

1669324329603.png

Rumors I have heard (about reasons for Asim Munir not being IK's choice) so far are that

Amin Munir was removed/not liked by IK because:

(1)..Iran had complaints against him
(2)..he pointed out IK's wife's corruption
(3)..he asked 70 cror from Master Tile CEO & CEO wrote letter to IK
(4)..he was pro-Nawaz.
(5)..he wasn't liked by top military Generals because he was withdrawn & wouldn't socialize and because he didn't came via Kakul and no COAS has ever been from OTS
[I don't know the meaning of this very last OTS thing though]

All seem unsubstantiated and even planted propaganda.

e.g.

Another e.g.

e.g.
View attachment 900139

=====================================
Below is re-post of my post from yesterday
=====================================

@RescueRanger

Few questions if anyone knows

This article (link) makes few claims, wondering how true they are

(1) "According to the expert, Lt. General Asim Munir is not popular among the top commanders of the army since he did not come from the Pakistan Military Academy Kakul."

Doesn't everyone go through Kakul? @Rashid Mahmood what's OTS, is it different stream from kakul?

(2) Word in air is that Asim Munir s Nawaz Sharif's choice

How this belief came to be? I never heard anything directly from any PML-N member

Does it originate from speculation that Imran Khan fired Asim Munir because Asim pointed some corruption in IK's close circle? And hence it was assumed that Asim would holding grudge against IK?

(3) Does PTI ever indicated they didn't prefer Asim Munir? I never heard anything other than word of mouth from likes of GEO news & obvious liars politicians

(4) I have a feeling that PML-N & PPP does NOT want Asim Munir,, they are just playing game on PTI that just to counter PDM Imran/Alvi will reject Asim and will take the blame of interfering with senior most wile fulfilling PDM wishes to not have Asim as coas. What do you think?

Did he really? or was it a mere birdie coming out of likes of GEO, Omer Cheema, Azaz Syed etc?
Announcement of Asim's removal didn't come from Imran Khan, or did it?
It came from ISPR without any explanation
Looks more like Bajwa had some issue w Asim rather than Imran?

And this (false) belief may exactly be the reason for PDM falling in love with Asim

I a struggling to figure out why people think that?
What happened that brought people to this conclusion? other than rumor of Munir being fired at IK's will (what if it was Bajwa's will)

Looks like it was a fake story spread by Indian's through or in guise of MQM London account.
e.g. this tweep is spreading hashtag promoted by Indians

View attachment 900128

Isn't this lady in scarf picture the same whose call was played by ISPR?
Where she was asking MQM hitmen to "kiss on the neck".

So the account demeaning Asim Munir is Indian sponsored account of MQM London terrorist
Which makes Asim Munir an angel automatically, doesn't it?
1669324817487.png

So lets put the events in order:

1 - The required summary wasn't being sent to the PM. The temperature reached to a point where some ministers started threatening that the PM doesn't need any summary to go with the appointment. (My assessment: Summary didn't have Lt Gen Amir's name in it. Lt Gen Amir was the first choice of Zardari and second choice of Nawaz Sharif)

2 - Suddenly, one guy comes forward and accuses Nawaz of murder and assassination attempt. Nawaz runs away.

3 - The next day, a PDM's favorite journalist (who happens to be establishment's biggest critic breaks a story that makes international headlines)

4 - Summary comes with 6 names

5 - Imran Khan says he will play within the laws and regulations when summary is forwarded to the President.

6 - PDM (that in my assessment was trying hard for Lt Gen Amir) becomes sure that Imran doesn't like Lt Gen Asim at all. They also remember the story of removal of Lt Gen Asim from DG ISI post. This situation (together with the prospects of a further bonus of possible rift between PTI and the next Army chief from the first day) helps them in selecting Lt Gen Asim right away. All of them then wait for IK to delay the proceedings.

7 - President, after a short consultation with IK, attests the PDM's choice.
Could there be another explanation? That the next chief is appointed only on the wishes of the top mil leadership, and not civilian leadership, as we are led to believe?

Just my opinion. When you have the power to topple sitting govts, would you "allow" them to select who the most important person in the country is going to be? Doesn't make sense. All this summary here and there business, seems like a smoke screen.

.. but we should all bear in mind that some Ulema will remain in the deepest pits in hell. May Allah protect us all from that.
LOL, where did this come from? And why did you feel the need to say this? Seems strange.

Rest of your post I completely agree with & appreciate. :tup:

They are fake Syed. 90% of desis are fake Syed’s. Specially those that are Urdu speaking Shia because vast majority of them are Hindu converts and over the years upon their conversion they adopt different last sir names. Genetically they are light years away from any thing Syed or Mideastren looking.

Watch Aljeera documentary on Dalit Muslims. A Hindu Dalit converted due to discrimination and adopted Sheikh as his sir name to bury his background.

Back in late nineties I had an Indian colleague who was Shiekh, and we use to pull his leg, and compare him to rich arab shiekhs. One fine day over lunch I asked him what was the story behind his name, and he admitted that Dalit converts were given the title.

LOL, where did this come from? And why did you feel the need to say this? Seems strange.

Rest of your post I completely agree with & appreciate. :tup:
I think there is a Hadith on crooked ulemas, which we have a plethora of, that said gent is indirectly quoting?

maybe not cantt but pakhtoons have always been a big part of the pindi population. I'm just asking because his last name is munir ahmed Shah, I've known quite a few people with the last munir and they were all pathans. that's why I'm wondering. not related to anything politically.
Pashto speaking Syeds, not pathans.

Can I give you two examples from the past? Musharraf and Mirza Aslam Baig.

BTW. I am a Urdu speaking guy.
Of course not all are good, but from a proportional perspective I think muhajirs have a much lower chance than others

Musharraf was just a scapegoat for a bigger game that I don't think Pakistan had a choice in

There are hadiths.. Wanted to say that not all the people of knowledge have to be blindly followed. Their character is the best testimony.

So many people including me.. and over the internet are only talking about Hifz.. While I have a good feeling naturally, but we have to keep an eye on the character more than anything else.

List of all commander in chief and army chiefs of Pakistan. Since 1947 till 2022.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom